Official PlayStation thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
    lol, Im not a 360 fanboy, I have a PS2 and thinking about getting a PS3 boxing day, just want to know if NHL has released a patch to fix the problem bc a heard the players look like their under strobe lights. Im pretty sure original ps2 and xbox nhls ran at 60fps.
    I'm sure it's either not that bad or else it will be patched soon.

Why don't you just use the Playstation Forums? You'll get an answer in like 2 minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
      it's not been a problem on my version at all. it plays just as smoothly as any version i had on xbox. don't know if there's a patch, since i never have mine connected to the internet.
      You have PS3? If I do get it this holiday Ill let you know my PSNID.

Comment

• Originally posted by CannedToast View Post
        I'm sure it's either not that bad or else it will be patched soon.

Why don't you just use the Playstation Forums? You'll get an answer in like 2 minutes.
        Yea, I supose I can do that, I dont like sihning up for stuff but w/e.

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
          i have it but i don't play online. only games i ever played online were TFC and diablo.
          I heard COD4 was amazing online, Home is supposed to be pretty cool as well when it comes out.

Comment

• Home would actually be really good for njx. Perhaps it would teach him how to interact with others.

Comment

• I'll put the NPD numbers in here, too. For those who are intrigued by that sorta thing.

Hardware Sales
              PlayStation 2 -- 496,000
              PayStation 3 -- 466,000
              PlayStation Portable -- 567,000
              Xbox 360 -- 770,000
              Wii -- 981,000
              Nintendo DS -- 1,530,000

October 2007 Hardware Sales

PlayStation 2 -- 184,000
              PayStation 3 -- 121,000
              PlayStation Portable -- 286,000
              Xbox 360 -- 366,000
              Wii -- 519,000
              Nintendo DS -- 458,000

"If the year had ended on December 1st, 2007 would be up 5% versus last year," said NPD analyst Anita Frazier. "With the biggest month of the year yet to go, total industry sales are on track to achieve between $18B and $19B in the U.S."

Software numbers were equally encouraging, with Activision's Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (selling 3.5X more on Xbox 360 than PS3) and Nintendo of America's Super Mario Galaxy clearly pulling ahead of the pack. Unfortunately, November hopefuls Rock Band and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune both failed to break into the top 10. We'll have more on those games and others in an NPD follow-up tomorrow, and look forward to discussion on their numbers in the next 1UP Yours.

November 2007 Software Sales
              1. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (Xbox 360) -- 1,570,000
              2. Super Mario Galaxy (Wii) -- 1,120,000
              3. Assassin's Creed (Xbox 360) -- 980,000
              4. Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock (PlayStation 2) -- 967,000
              5. Wii Play w/ Remote (Wii) -- 564,000
              6. Mass Effect (Xbox 360) -- 473,000
              7. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (PlayStation 3) -- 444,000
              8. Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock (Wii) -- 426,000
              9. Halo 3 (Xbox 360) -- 387,000
              10. Assassin's Creed (PlayStation 3) -- 377,000

Comment

• can PS3 play PS2 games?
                We ALL bleed scarlet
                New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                  can PS3 play PS2 games?
                  Yeah, but you need a memory card adapter if you want to play any of your old files. You can save any new files to the internal memory card.

Comment

• Originally posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
                    Yeah, but you need a memory card adapter if you want to play any of your old files. You can save any new files to the internal memory card.
                    hmm interesting. I kinda want a PS3 but am content with my PS2. Not an avid player, but try and play madden or NCAA once a day if lucky. not sure if I should get PS3 or not...
                    We ALL bleed scarlet
                    New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                    UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                    Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                    BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• CannedToast, please get the **** out of this thread, you are very annoying and no one in this thread appreciates you input.

Thank you very much and have a nice day

Comment

• Originally posted by Chucky View Post
                        CannedToast, please get the **** out of this thread, you are very annoying and no one in this thread appreciates you input.

Thank you very much and have a nice day
                        ...why are you angry? I posted the NPD numbers in both threads, because they're related to both systems.

Cry?

Comment

...why are you angry? I posted the NPD numbers in both threads, because they're related to both systems.

Cry?
                          Its just no one likes or appreciates in any way what you post in this thread. It is unbelievably annoying. Just stay out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chucky View Post
                            Its just no one likes or appreciates in any way what you post in this thread. It is unbelievably annoying. Just stay out.
                            Want a cookie? Or a muffin? Perhaps you want some soothing cream of some sort, as you obviously just got anally raped by a very large man, because you're freaking out over nothing.

Comment

Want a cookie? Or a muffin? Perhaps you want some soothing cream of some sort, as you obviously just got anally raped by a very large man, because you're freaking out over nothing.
                              No its just you constantly come in this thread, and its not that you neccesarilly bash the PS3, but you pretty much just talk about 360 or other systems, there are threads for that. No one who posts in this thread appreciates what you post so you might as well stop

Comment

• Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                                hmm interesting. I kinda want a PS3 but am content with my PS2. Not an avid player, but try and play madden or NCAA once a day if lucky. not sure if I should get PS3 or not...
                                If I were you I would probably get the PS3 because it's a lot better than the PS2. The games look better, a lot better, they play a lot better, and soon there is just generally going to be more *new* options. Also, if you play online, you'll soon have more people to play with on the PS3 then on PS2.

However, if playing your PS2 games are important to you, make sure you get the right version of the PS3, because I'm pretty sure one of the SKU's doesn't have backwards compatibility.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information