Official PlayStation thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by njx9
    i dunno xio, i dug assassin's creed. except for the ending. they can go **** themselves for the ending. although i'll probably still buy the second one.

is there a good, reliable site for reviews? rumor's had it that ign or one of the other ones hates playstation, and a few of these other review places seem fairly inconsistant. just curious if there's a site any of you use and swear by.
    Gamespot is harsh on all systems so if a game gets a high rating it's a damn good game.

Comment

• Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
      I have the same exact dilemma. I'm leaning towards a PS3 b/c I'm more familiar and used to the controllers and such, and I don't want to buy new games for XBox360 and controllers and all that jazz, but if there's that big a difference between the 2, I may go with 360
      If you plan on watching any high def media the ps3 has blue ray built in, whereas hd dvd will be an extra charge.

The ps3 has built in wireless networking whereas the 360 needs the 100 dollar dongle from microsoft or a network bridge. So you are setup there, also both machines support streaming video from the pc, which means you can download, or possibly watch video off of the web.

It seems that the xbox supports a little bit more in that area for now, also the ps3 has built in charging for the controllers, whereas you have to pay extra for that capability with the 360. I think the ps3 has the bigger hard drive also.

I think the ps3 is a great value. The ps3 seems like a better option since you can use it for blu ray, browse the internet, and also stream video.

Comment

• an underrated thing about the PS3 is the sixaxis controller... games are eventually going to use the full capability of the controller and you will have an effect similar to the Wii... also, the one with a rumble pack comes out in a month or two.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

is there a good, reliable site for reviews? rumor's had it that ign or one of the other ones hates playstation.
          IGN doesn't "hate" on the playstation. Assassin's Creed got .5 lower on IGN, and that was somewhat controversial, because they couldn't decide if framerate was worse on the PS3 or 360. Other than that they haven't ever "hated" on the PS3.

Although, IGN UK, AU, and regular IGN give very very very different reviews.

In general, IGN has sucked for reviews lately, no matter what console you have. Just use metacritic. http://www.metacritic.com/

It compiles and averages all the reviews.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich Jr View Post
            browse the internet
            AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHA

What a waste of my time.

Comment

• Originally posted by CannedToast View Post
              AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHA

What a waste of my time.
              But who cares about you right?

Comment

But who cares about you right?
                Please don't tell me you actually find the PS3's browser to be a solid product? Seriously?

I almost prefer my phone's internet browser. The PS3 has lots of good features but dear god, don't bring up the gimped out browser. I'd bring up Blu Ray, Home (even though Home doesn't seem that enjoyable to me, it is still pretty popular), or exclusive games. But the browser?

Comment

haven't tried, but i can run music off my media server easily. (winamp remote is a really easy way to set that up).

not a clue. usually tech support's a bit better for that kind of thing.
                  Gamespot is the one that hates the PS3

Sig by yours truly.

Comment

• Wow...I knew I really wanted Heavy Rain...simply for the fact that it was being made by Quantic Dream but, now that they've been meeting w/ A-List celebrities to star in the game...I really, really, really want it. This game is going to be amazing and I have no idea what the hell it's about. haha. I really want it, though.

They've had meetings w/ Leonardo Dicaprio and several other A-list stars.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                    KO KNOWS

Comment

Please don't tell me you actually find the PS3's browser to be a solid product? Seriously?

I almost prefer my phone's internet browser. The PS3 has lots of good features but dear god, don't bring up the gimped out browser. I'd bring up Blu Ray, Home (even though Home doesn't seem that enjoyable to me, it is still pretty popular), or exclusive games. But the browser?
                      I was just joking though seriously.

Also, from my post

If you plan on watching any high def media the ps3 has blue ray built in, whereas hd dvd will be an extra charge.
                      You are right though about the exclusive games but that shouldn't influence anyone's decision IMO. Most people know the exclusives already but if they don't here's a list.

http://news.filefront.com/ps3-exclusives-the-full-list/

Comment

• I love my 360 but, I'm def. going to need one of these things for Heavy Rain and God of War 3.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                        KO KNOWS

Comment

You are right though about the exclusive games but that shouldn't influence anyone's decision IMO. Most people know the exclusives already but if they don't here's a list.

http://news.filefront.com/ps3-exclusives-the-full-list/
                          Exclusives are the only thing people should be basing their decisions on.

You should get the console that has the games you like.

Comment

• K so i am loving my PS3.. i didnt even notice that the football games run on 30fps instead of 60.... doesnt really bother me at all! and hey with that stupid moto storm you get with teh 80gig system.. do you have to unloack multiplayer.. i cant find it and its pissing me off!

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

Exclusives are the only thing people should be basing their decisions on.

You should get the console that has the games you like.
                              I disagree, doesn't mean either of us is wrong but I just disagree.

Comment

I disagree, doesn't mean either of us is wrong but I just disagree.
                                You disagree?

Why the hell would you buy a GAMING CONSOLE for something other than GAMES? If you want to watch Blu Ray or HDDVD movies, buy a freaking stand alone player, which is a much higher quality player. If you want to browse the internet or go on MSN, use a PC.

Game consoles are meant to play games. They may have some other features, but the main point of them is to play games. If you're buying a gaming system for any other reason you're an idiot who likes overpaying for inferior products.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information