No announcement yet.

Official PlayStation thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like I said in your thread it's probably the way you ordered the folders. Happened to me but I just fooled around with it.

Comment

• So I read that Sony is discontinuing the 80GB PS3.. I'll have to pick one up soon. I don't want the Non Backwards Compatible 40GB model.. I'd like to wait to see if they're going to introduce something new with the PS3 though..

Comment

• Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
        So I read that Sony is discontinuing the 80GB PS3.. I'll have to pick one up soon. I don't want the Non Backwards Compatible 40GB model.. I'd like to wait to see if they're going to introduce something new with the PS3 though..
        Why are they discontinuing the 80GB PS3?

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

So I read that Sony is discontinuing the 80GB PS3.. I'll have to pick one up soon. I don't want the Non Backwards Compatible 40GB model.. I'd like to wait to see if they're going to introduce something new with the PS3 though..
          first they discontinue the 60 GB PS3 in favor of the 40 GB, now they are discontinuing the 80 GB...so are they only going to have the 40 GB? that makes absolutely no sense...if it's true then whoever is in charge of PS3 at sony should just quit life

Comment

• http://ps3.ign.com/articles/847/847979p1.html

The PS3 Mystery

January 28, 2008 - When it comes to purchasing a PS3, consumers have been presented with two choices recently. The 40GB system did not feature backwards compatibility, did not have memory card readers and had only two USB ports, amongst other missing features. The 80GB system, on the other hand, had software backwards compatibility and was bundled with Motorstorm. The 80GB system also served as a replacement to the discontinued 60GB model, which was phased out last summer. But now it appears that the new 80GB model could be phased out as well. According to a rumor floating around the Internet, Best Buy has been internally circulating a memo to its stores stating that the 80GB version of the system "is going closeout and won't be replaced at this time."

The memo goes on to state that only the 40GB version of the PS3 will be sold in stores -- this would mean that Best Buy wouldn't be selling a version of the console that's PS2 compatible. This seems to be verified by Bestbuy.com, which displays only the 40GB model on the site for sale. We contacted Best Buy's corporate communications office directly, and were told that regarding the memo, "Best Buy can't comment on the rumor going around."

While it appears that Best Buy might not be stocking the system, it seems as though other retailers are still selling the 80GB system. Target, Wal-Mart and Toys R Us all list the 80GB system on their websites, indicating that the system is still apparently in stock. Gamestop also has no indication of dropping the 80GB PS3 either; the system is listed on their site as well. A couple of calls around the Bay Area confirmed as much – the system is still listed in store inventory databases and managers have received no information indicating that will change any time soon.

What does this mean for Sony's strategy regarding the future of the 80GB PS3? According to the last line of the Best Buy memo, "At this time, Sony hasn't made any announcements about new products." When we spoke to a SCEA representative about the memo, we were told that, "SCEA does not comment on rumor or speculation."

As soon as any further details are released about the 80GB PS3, we'll let you know.

Comment

• Well i have one... so im hoping they are not discontinued for some hardware reason.. otherwise ill be pissed!

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

• Anyone here play NHL 08 or COD4?

Comment

• I'm tired of FPS and so I decided i'm going to buy R&C Future tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rich Jr View Post
                    I'm tired of FPS and so I decided i'm going to buy R&C Future tomorrow.
                    please come back and let us/me know how it is...I'm kinda interested in getting more of an adventure-type game and was kinda interested in that but haven't really looked into it...anyone else who has it/played it, input would be greatly appreciated

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                      please come back and let us/me know how it is...I'm kinda interested in getting more of an adventure-type game and was kinda interested in that but haven't really looked into it...anyone else who has it/played it, input would be greatly appreciated
                      I know a guy who loves it over Uncharted which is my second favorite game ever after God of War (The series).

He says he's on his 2nd run through.

Comment

I know a guy who loves it over Uncharted which is my second favorite game ever after God of War (The series).

He says he's on his 2nd run through.
                        yea I loved uncharted, but I beat it like as soon as I got it...I've never played the series so I'm thinking about maybe renting the game when I have time, which is like never, and seeing how I like it...thanks

Comment

• Download the demo in the PS Store.

Comment

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/847/847979p1.html

The PS3 Mystery

January 28, 2008 - When it comes to purchasing a PS3, consumers have been presented with two choices recently. The 40GB system did not feature backwards compatibility, did not have memory card readers and had only two USB ports, amongst other missing features. The 80GB system, on the other hand, had software backwards compatibility and was bundled with Motorstorm. The 80GB system also served as a replacement to the discontinued 60GB model, which was phased out last summer. But now it appears that the new 80GB model could be phased out as well. According to a rumor floating around the Internet, Best Buy has been internally circulating a memo to its stores stating that the 80GB version of the system "is going closeout and won't be replaced at this time."

The memo goes on to state that only the 40GB version of the PS3 will be sold in stores -- this would mean that Best Buy wouldn't be selling a version of the console that's PS2 compatible. This seems to be verified by Bestbuy.com, which displays only the 40GB model on the site for sale. We contacted Best Buy's corporate communications office directly, and were told that regarding the memo, "Best Buy can't comment on the rumor going around."

While it appears that Best Buy might not be stocking the system, it seems as though other retailers are still selling the 80GB system. Target, Wal-Mart and Toys R Us all list the 80GB system on their websites, indicating that the system is still apparently in stock. Gamestop also has no indication of dropping the 80GB PS3 either; the system is listed on their site as well. A couple of calls around the Bay Area confirmed as much the system is still listed in store inventory databases and managers have received no information indicating that will change any time soon.

What does this mean for Sony's strategy regarding the future of the 80GB PS3? According to the last line of the Best Buy memo, "At this time, Sony hasn't made any announcements about new products." When we spoke to a SCEA representative about the memo, we were told that, "SCEA does not comment on rumor or speculation."

As soon as any further details are released about the 80GB PS3, we'll let you know.
                            LWMD to add to that.

by: Paul Bertram

Last week various reports/denials from Sony came in concerning the supposed demise of the 80GB PS3 model. It began with a leaked memo from Best Buy stating that the particular SKU would be phased out, then followed with the mysterious removal of the 80GB PS3 from Best Buy's website. However, new evidence has come in further confirming the what now seems like inevitable discontinuation of the 80GB SKU.

A GameStop conference call was held today, which supposedly explained that the system was no longer being produced, in favor of a 120 GB or more model bundled with the Dual Shock 3 controller. There's no official date for when this enhanced model will be ready for purchase, or the price, for that matter, but it should be relatively soon. GDC is just a few short weeks away, so at the latest, it should turn up by then.

Sony, of course, offered no comment regarding the GameStop confirmation. We'll just have to wait for Sony to officially announce something.
                            http://ps3.kombo.com/article.php?artid=6107

Comment

Download the demo in the PS Store.
                              yea I've been wanting to DL some demos since I got back to school, but my internet is really choppy because we just set it up last week, so I have to wait til we get it fixed

Comment

• R&C, from the demo I played is a great great game.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information