No announcement yet.

Official PlayStation thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unpatiently waiting for Alan Wake, Heavy Rain, and God of War 3. I wont end up buying a PS3 until one of those two come out. (GOW 3 or Heavy Rain)

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by Steelers4Life View Post
      My own reason (I can't speak for others): I made a big investment in the 360, and more success for the 360 means more quality games coming to the system.
      It's not like with the head start (and price) that the 360 got on the Wii and PS3 that there won't be a ton of quality titles coming to it. They have already built a substantial sales lead in North America and neither the PS3 or Wii are likely to catch it. Some games like Final Fantasy (Square Enix recently said they have no plans to release a future title on XBox) aren't going to come over, despite the sales. I don't know, I guess I'm trying to say that convincing 5-10 people on an NFL message board to buy a system isn't going to make a difference in sales. Those 5-10 people aren't going to be enough to take a PS3 or Wii exclusive game and turn it into a multi-platform game.

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
        Unpatiently waiting for Alan Wake, Heavy Rain, and God of War 3. I wont end up buying a PS3 until one of those two come out. (GOW 3 or Heavy Rain)
        GOW 3...I salivate when I think of it. I just wonder how they're going to drain Kratos of his powers yet again...

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
          im really looking forward to alan wake... and the new turok looks worldly

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

Originally posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
            It's not like with the head start (and price) that the 360 got on the Wii and PS3 that there won't be a ton of quality titles coming to it. They have already built a substantial sales lead in North America and neither the PS3 or Wii are likely to catch it. Some games like Final Fantasy (Square Enix recently said they have no plans to release a future title on XBox) aren't going to come over, despite the sales. I don't know, I guess I'm trying to say that convincing 5-10 people on an NFL message board to buy a system isn't going to make a difference in sales. Those 5-10 people aren't going to be enough to take a PS3 or Wii exclusive game and turn it into a multi-platform game.
            i dont think 360s could use some of nintendos games. like for example it would be a hard process to turn a motion heavy game such as the upcoming mario and sonic at the olympic games or wario ware or rayman and turn it into a 360 gmae sucessfully. but games like zelda could go over easily.
            CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
            JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

care to explain? the ps3 also got 2 videos of GTA 4 so what content are you talking about

also "Sony Pictures Releasing International said Sunday that the international boxoffice for its films this year passed the $1 billion mark faster than ever before in the distributor's history, making Sony the first studio to reach that milestone in 2007."

Xiomera I don't have a 360 but here are the pros and cons

PS3- Pros- This system power and blu-ray disc space let alone can give you the best graphics available.
              Cons- Many of the developers have said that working with a ps3 was way too hard and most of the games out of now is only using 20% of the ps3 power. Also not being out for a year hasn't helped with not many games being out right now.

Thats because of the new cell processor.. once programmers learn how to use the cell processor to it's full extent.. it's going to be ridiculous.

360- Pros- Games, Games, and more Games
              Cons- With a 9gb dvd disc many developers are having more trouble with that then with the ps3 technology. Many problems/bugs that the 360 is having are all first-gen.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Alert-If anyone planning on getting a system get them NOW! they are selling out everywhere. My older bro works in Best Buy and he said they sold 60 PS3 today and are sold out. I called more places and they are sold out too. Hurry! Here are other places too.

http://boardsus.playstation.com/play...cending&page=2

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
                  care to explain? the ps3 also got 2 videos of GTA 4 so what content are you talking about

also "Sony Pictures Releasing International said Sunday that the international boxoffice for its films this year passed the $1 billion mark faster than ever before in the distributor's history, making Sony the first studio to reach that milestone in 2007."

Xiomera I don't have a 360 but here are the pros and cons

PS3- Pros- This system power and blu-ray disc space let alone can give you the best graphics available.
                  Cons- Many of the developers have said that working with a ps3 was way too hard and most of the games out of now is only using 20% of the ps3 power. Also not being out for a year hasn't helped with not many games being out right now.

Thats because of the new cell processor.. once programmers learn how to use the cell processor to it's full extent.. it's going to be ridiculous.

360- Pros- Games, Games, and more Games
                  Cons- With a 9gb dvd disc many developers are having more trouble with that then with the ps3 technology. Many problems/bugs that the 360 is having are all first-gen.
                  Nice, thanks for that.

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                    Alert-If anyone planning on getting a system get them NOW! they are selling out everywhere. My older bro works in Best Buy and he said they sold 60 PS3 today and are sold out. I called more places and they are sold out too. Hurry! Here are other places too.

IMO they wont be able to fill the demand.
                    besides the wii does that every time it hits shelves
                    CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
                    JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

$500 is still too much, imo. Just wait for the next, next gen. consoles...hmm. That's gonna suck.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                      KO KNOWS

Comment

just a heads up im posting this on my ps3 :)

Comment

I've got a Wii which is a ton of fun for multiplayer games, but I want either a 360 or PS3 for online gaming (mostly sports, FIFA, NCAA, MADDEN, TIGER).

How do the online networks compare between Sony & Microsoft? Do they both have paid subscriptions? If so, how much do they cost?

As far as I understand the 360 network is the best when it comes to online console gaming, but I'd like to get some opinions.
                          Originally posted by njx9
                          i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

Comment

sony online is free.....but the price is high to get one but sony usually has the best games so id go with the ps3

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post

are you kidding the EB games by my place.. has had PS3's forever.. people are to cheap tp buy them here so they buy 360's besides hte whole city is Wii obsessed... 15 of my freinds bought one in the last month.. no one has a Ps3 left... they are actaully on the first shipment they got in at EB... kinda pumped so gonna throw this in here.. i got an interview there.. if i get it.. game discount:D

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

Originally posted by bantx View Post
                                sony online is free.....but the price is high to get one but sony usually has the best games so id go with the ps3

That's tight.

Apparently the 360 is $50/12 months ($4.16/month), $20/3 months ($6.66/month), or $8/ month.

Plus I don't know if my RoadRunner Lite internet will handle online gaming, since broadband is suggested. Tough call, I'm gonna be broke either way.
                                Originally posted by njx9
                                i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information