No announcement yet.

Official PlayStation thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got my brother one of those controllers for his birthday and its pretty good. It's weird switching back to one of his older controllers (when the battery gets low) because there is a noticeable weight difference and the joysticks are all f'd up from playing COD4.

Comment

• What a weird mix.

Comment

• Originally posted by islandboy843 View Post
        What a weird mix.

thats dumb, I would rather have something like street fighter vs. mortal kombat.

Comment

• Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
          thats dumb, I would rather have something like street fighter vs. mortal kombat.

Talking bout that i loved this game.

Comment

• Oh my god MGS4 is the best game ever. I just played for 10 straight hours...

Comment

• I am thinking about starting a thread for NCAA 08 Online Dynasty for the PS3, but I don't feel the need to do so unless I get at least 6-10 interested people.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

• Hey, I got a late question about MGS4. I haven't bought it yet and the reason was because, many people said you have to know the storyline of MGS to understand MGS4, and I never played MGS1, 2, or 3. Would that mean the MGS4 storyline would make no sense to me? I know its a great game and I was crazy about it but could someone please gimmie some feedback, thanks.

Comment

• I just bought a PS3 to be my DVD/blu-ray player. I have no intention of buying games for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
                    I am thinking about starting a thread for NCAA 08 Online Dynasty for the PS3, but I don't feel the need to do so unless I get at least 6-10 interested people.
                    When are you playing on starting it?

I went to blockbuster to rent it but they didn't have it, and I have college hoops 2k7 and I play it all the time. Is it a good game?(NCAA 08)

Comment

• Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
                      Hey, I got a late question about MGS4. I haven't bought it yet and the reason was because, many people said you have to know the storyline of MGS to understand MGS4, and I never played MGS1, 2, or 3. Would that mean the MGS4 storyline would make no sense to me? I know its a great game and I was crazy about it but could someone please gimmie some feedback, thanks.
                      I am a huge MGS fan, but I have regretfully haven't played MGS4 yet, so I can't really say if the latest version explains the previous story at all. Pretty sure it does, but I'm not sure in what detail. But I can tell you that the series has always had a pretty vague and sometimes confusing story. MGS2 being the biggest culprit. So in my opinion it would of been better to have played the previous games just for story sake. Not trying to discourage you from buying it all, if you really want to play it, by all means get it. I mean I haven't finished a game in the series and came out disappointed. But prior knowledge of the story and the characters would probably let you appreciate MGS4 a bit more. Konami released a collectors edition with MGS1-3 for 29.99 a couple months ago, just for people who want to know the backstory. But I'm pretty sure if you don't want to invest in a PS2 (Is the PS3 backwards comapaitable?), if you don't already have one, you can probably find a detailed story and time line of the the whole thing around the web somewhere.

If anything get a copy of the original MGS, since it's pretty much the greatest game ever to be devised by the human mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
                        Hey, I got a late question about MGS4. I haven't bought it yet and the reason was because, many people said you have to know the storyline of MGS to understand MGS4, and I never played MGS1, 2, or 3. Would that mean the MGS4 storyline would make no sense to me? I know its a great game and I was crazy about it but could someone please gimmie some feedback, thanks.
                        In all honesty, you'll probably love the gameplay and be completely lost in the story. The storyline from MGS 1, 2, and 3 is simply much too convoluted for them to summarize it in 4.

You should just play the originals, and then you'll have a much much greater appreciation for MGS4 and the greatest video game character ever created.

Comment

• Apparently there have been some issues with the new update for PS3, however I have not had any... anyone here have any issues with the new update? I personally love how you can now access the title screen while you are in game.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

• The issues with the new update are not as widespread as previously thought.

Comment

• ok, I need some help here. How easy is the transition from PS2 to PS3. I play basically just sports games(NB live, madden, NCAA, MLB, NHL). I dont think PS2 memory cards or controllers can be used on PS3(not really a big deal with the memory card). Does PS3 need a memory card? is live play free? just asking and wondring if I shouldl go to PS3(yea, I know I'm a bit behind)
                              Last edited by scottyboy; 07-06-2008, 03:10 PM.
                              We ALL bleed scarlet
                              New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                              UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                              Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                              BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• It is a hard drive so everything is stored on there. But if you want to bring over a saved franchise to your friends house you still can with a usb drive. Online is free, and they constantly make improvements/adjustments to it so it is pretty good. It is a pretty smooth transition. Do you have an HDTV?
                                Last edited by Eaglez.Fan; 07-06-2008, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information