Official PlayStation thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
    I really liked Resistance, the story was good and the gameplay was good, pretty much a solid all around FPS at the very least

so I would expect Resistance 2 to be even better, and from the reviews it looks like it is, plus the story seems like it will be cooler because it's in the US

I think I'm going to get it for Xmas, but definitely worth it for a FPS
    Just wait two weeks for the new Call of Duty to come out.

Comment

• Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
      IGN raved about it, gave it a 9.5.

I have no idea what it is about, though.
      Seeing as IGN is paid by Sony, I want an unbiased review, which is why I asked here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
        Are you going to be playing online?? because Resistance 2 has 60 Player online death matches, which is quite sexy.
        Yes and no. For most online games I have been playing I have been selecting smaller map sizes for a few reasons:

a) Voice. Hearing more than 4 or 5 other teammates talking at a time blows. I prefer a game of 6 on 6, or 4 on 4. That's perfect for coordination. If I'm just messing around listening to music, or talking to friends, then this isn't such a big deal. But when I'm actually playing, having no coordination pisses the hell out of me.

b) Team killers. When teams are smaller it is just so much easier to avoid team killing.

c) Grudges. When you're playing 30 v 30, there's no chance for you and someone from the other team to go head to head, and establish a bit of a grudge match. Smaller games mean I can identify their best player and try to always beat him. It makes victory that much sweeter, and losing that much worse.

Maybe if they made it 30 on 30, but you got options to separate into groups of 5 or something I would like it more. But for the most part I prefer the smaller game.

Comment

• Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
          Just wait two weeks for the new Call of Duty to come out.
          I would rather get Resistance 2 than the new CoD

even though I love CoD, there's only so many times you can replay WW2

Even though I would like to get both and might ask for both for Xmas, I want Resistance 2 is above CoD for me

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
            So, is Little Big planet out yet? If so, how is it?
            I'm actually going to be picking it up later today hopefully, I really look forward to playing it. Buddy of mine will likely be playing it with me too, so I really hope the cooperative element of the game will put it over the top.

It's been getting sensational reviews thus far.
            (shameless self-promotion)
            Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
            https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Originally posted by Forenci View Post
              I'm actually going to be picking it up later today hopefully, I really look forward to playing it. Buddy of mine will likely be playing it with me too, so I really hope the cooperative element of the game will put it over the top.

It's been getting sensational reviews thus far.
              It looks a little too kiddy for me but, whenever I get a PS3 I'll probably still pick it up. The God of War theme looks really cool.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
              KO KNOWS

Comment

• Does anyone else have Socom:Confrontation?

Its online only but its pretty good, Its pretty much like Socom 2 if you played it on the ps2.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

It looks a little too kiddy for me but, whenever I get a PS3 I'll probably still pick it up. The God of War theme looks really cool.
                  Yeah, I know what you mean, but I love the idea of being able to essentially create hundreds of games (platformers, rpg style games, etc.) in one game.

I suppose I just love games where creativity is encouraged and not limited. LBP really appeals in that regard.

Comment

• Going to get The Show today, Forenci!

Comment

• Originally posted by Forenci View Post
                      Yeah, I know what you mean, but I love the idea of being able to essentially create hundreds of games (platformers, rpg style games, etc.) in one game.

I suppose I just love games where creativity is encouraged and not limited. LBP really appeals in that regard.
                      Yeah, I just wish they would have manned up the characters a bit. haha. But I agree, it still looks pretty cool. We need more do it yourself games.

I also want a movie type game like this. I used to love playing the Movies for the PC. Lots of fun making your own games and movies.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                      KO KNOWS

Comment

Yeah, I just wish they would have manned up the characters a bit. haha. But I agree, it still looks pretty cool. We need more do it yourself games.

I also want a movie type game like this. I used to love playing the Movies for the PC. Lots of fun making your own games and movies.
                        Hah yeah, I loved The Movies. That was a great game to play. Made by one of the better game developers too. Lionhead Studios, I believe?

Little Big Planet reminds me of it in a lot of ways, however what it mainly reminds me of is a mod that started out for Half-Life 2 which was called Garry's Mod. Essentially you could make a variety of in-game creations like catapults, cars, and so on by using items and objects derived from the game Half-Life 2.

At the time it was brilliant, and still is in a lot of ways. To me I think that's where LBP originated from, but one of the down sides to the mod was it was exceptionally complicated and I think that's partially the reason why the developers of Little Big Planet decided to take a more..cartoony take to the game. It helps encourage and promote the idea that the game is centered more around fun creations than complex ones.

Comment

• Little Big Planet is far and away my favorite game of the year so far, absolutely stunning visually and so much fun to play. Though I have yet to get into Fallout that much yet, it would be awful hard to topple LBP at this point.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• If you want a FPS, get Half Life 2: Orange Box and Call of Duty 4. Orange Box is only $29.99 and COD4 is $49.99 and the price could drop once the new one comes out. Those are the only two FPS I own and I like them so much, I don't plan on buying another any time soon.

Comment

• Every PS3 owner should buy COD4. Even though it is really short, maybe 4 hours of gameplay, im assuming, it is a magnificently beautiful FPS, and its one of the better games the PS3 has online. Not to mention the storyline is a bit different then the usual FPS, no world war 2 type shooter

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                              Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

• What? Resistance 2 tommorow?

OHHH YEAHHHH

Sig by yours truly.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information