Official PlayStation thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
    Ah, this time tomorrow, I'll be playing Resistance 2, CODWAW, and then I'm even thinking about buying socom, and definitely NHL 09. I'm not even a big hockey fan, but that game is amazing.
    you better get a headset with Socom so when your on NHL or Socom I will pwn you ;)

Comment

• I got Fifa 09, Resistance 2, Mirror's Edge, and Bioshock for Christmas. I've been mainly playing Fifa, which is pure sex, but I played like the first level of Resistance and it was pretty fun. Seems a lot different than the first, but I haven't played that one in a while.

Comment

• I got Resistance 2 and Fallout 3. I also got Resident Evil 4, one of the greatest games ever created. I beat it for the Gamecube when I had it, but never got the port for the PS2. Such a great game.

I plan on getting a game or two more today.
        Virginia Tech.
        ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
          I got Resistance 2 and Fallout 3. I also got Resident Evil 4, one of the greatest games ever created. I beat it for the Gamecube when I had it, but never got the port for the PS2. Such a great game.

Im undecided on which game to get today.

Sig by yours truly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aftermath View Post
            Im undecided on which game to get today.
            Resistance 2 is epic for a first person shooter. Especially after the first few levels. I have not tried the online yet, but it should be great.

Fallout 3 is amazing as well. I did not really like Oblivion (Bethea's other RPG), but Fallout was great when I rented it. Have not played it since I got it, though.

Hard to go wrong with either of them.
            Virginia Tech.

Comment

I got Resistance 2 and Fallout 3. I also got Resident Evil 4, one of the greatest games ever created. I beat it for the Gamecube when I had it, but never got the port for the PS2. Such a great game.

How is it one the ps3? It was really nice on the gamecube. Any differences or it is the same on the ps3?

Comment

• Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                you better get a headset with Socom so when your on NHL or Socom I will pwn you ;)
                The main reason why I think I'm gonna get socom is because of the headset. I need a new headset and I want the ps3 one. The ps3 one by itself costs 50 bucks, but if I get the bundle, I buy the headset, and get Socom for 10 bucks (os Socom for 40 bucks and the headset for 20 bucks). Also, it does help that I am a Socom fan and have had this game on my radar for a while.

I heard bad reviews when it first came out... what are your impressions of the game?

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

The main reason why I think I'm gonna get socom is because of the headset. I need a new headset and I want the ps3 one. The ps3 one by itself costs 50 bucks, but if I get the bundle, I buy the headset, and get Socom for 10 bucks (os Socom for 40 bucks and the headset for 20 bucks). Also, it does help that I am a Socom fan and have had this game on my radar for a while.

I heard bad reviews when it first came out... what are your impressions of the game?
                  I love the maps they improve from Socom 2 and some of the maps that they created, but the lag needs to be fixed. They said they sent Sony the patch and just waiting for Sony to test it and have it ready.

The lag is the only thing holding this game back, plus I heard the patch will have Blizzard and some other socom 2 map.

Comment

• Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
                    How is it one the ps3? It was really nice on the gamecube. Any differences or it is the same on the ps3?
                    The controls were awkward at first, but it got comfortable quickly.

The reviews say the graphics are a tad worse, but they look fine to me, especially for a Playstation 2 game.

Great, great game.
                    Virginia Tech.

Comment

The controls were awkward at first, but it got comfortable quickly.

The reviews say the graphics are a tad worse, but they look fine to me, especially for a Playstation 2 game.

Great, great game.
                      Is that the one where you start out on a zombie invested train, and then wind up in a haunted mansion, or something like that?

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

It's a fun game, I enjoy it. I haven't had that bad of experience with lag as it seems reviewers/other people had.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

Is that the one where you start out on a zombie invested train, and then wind up in a haunted mansion, or something like that?
                          No, you go into a eatern Europe town looking for the president's kidnapped daughter, who sourses have reported has been seen in the area. Turns out the villagers have kind of gone crazy, I forget if they're zombies or not. They are kind of like a cult.

Anyways, it's an awesome game. By far the best gameplay of any Resident Evil game, or survival/ horror game in general. It is a PS2/ Gamecube game, but the graphicws are still impressive.

One of my favorites.
                          Virginia Tech.

Comment

No, you go into a eatern Europe town looking for the president's kidnapped daughter, who sourses have reported has been seen in the area. Turns out the villagers have kind of gone crazy, I forget if they're zombies or not. They are kind of like a cult.

Anyways, it's an awesome game. By far the best gameplay of any Resident Evil game, or survival/ horror game in general. It is a PS2/ Gamecube game, but the graphicws are still impressive.

One of my favorites.
                            Yeah, RE4 was the first Resident Evil I really liked. I found the camera annoying at times in the others. I can't wait for 5. It comes out Friday the 13th in March :D They also have RE4 for the PC.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

• It is so good that I have played it double the time I have played Resistance 2 or Fallout since I got them for Christmas.

I'm at like six or seven hours. Resistance 2 a few hours, Fallout 3 I have not played since I got it.
                              Virginia Tech.

Comment

• Just thought that I'd let everyone know that I absolutely hate the Chameleons in Resistance 2. I got through the forest with them, which always freaked the **** out of me, and now I find they are also on the space ship. Fantastic.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information