Official PlayStation thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
    So I just beat Mirror's Edge...pretty fun game, got better as it went along, but pretty short. It is fun to mess around though.
    Haha, that's what I'm playing right now. I'm chapter 6 I think.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

• My PS3 has for the second day, shut itself down.

Like its on then later it shuts down and then the little light to the right of the console isnt even there.

Any solutions?

Sig by yours truly.

Comment

• I just remembered that I have beaten MGS4 on every difficulty except big boss hard. I am kind of afraid to try.

The game doesn't have any trophies. Which is weird and kind of sucks.

Comment

• Do you try for trophies BB or anyone else for that matter?

I have 2 platinums (COD5, Uncharted: Drakes fortune) and GTA at 76% (need 2 trophies, Wanted and Auf Wiedersehen Pertovic) and also Blitz 2 the league at 71% (need 8 trophies)

I have 187 total

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by PackerLegend View Post
            Do you try for trophies BB or anyone else for that matter?

I have 2 platinums (COD5, Uncharted: Drakes fortune) and GTA at 76% (need 2 trophies, Wanted and Auf Wiedersehen Pertovic) and also Blitz 2 the league at 71% (need 8 trophies)

I have 187 total
            First time through I usually just play without getting distracted by them...that makes stumbling upon them much more enjoyable.

If I do go through again, I'll take a look and maybe shoot for some.

I just noticed that MGS4 doesn't have any!

I think I only have a few in all, then again, I don't have too many PS3 games.

Comment

• Originally posted by PackerLegend View Post
              Do you try for trophies BB or anyone else for that matter?

I have 187 total
              I didn't even realize what they were at first. I was playing Resistance 2, and it kept giving me trophies I thought it was just for the game. Then started playing Mirror's Edge, and it would give me trophies. I don't even know what trophies to go for, so when I get them I'm just like ok whatever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bruce Banner View Post
                I just remembered that I have beaten MGS4 on every difficulty except big boss hard. I am kind of afraid to try.

The game doesn't have any trophies. Which is weird and kind of sucks.
                I believe it actually does, but you have to have 100% completion of everything. It's a platinum trophy as far as I know.

Originally posted by Jakey
                WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

• I'm not a big trophy or achievements (360) kind of guy. They're there to increase replay value but, I def. think some people get so crazy about them, that it actually brings down the fun factor of the game in a lot of cases. These little "awards" are all people care about these days in seems. Too much obssessing over them, especially on the 360 and they're completely pointless in the long run.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                  KO KNOWS

Comment

• I was thinking of this idea for Madden and then I started thinking of this for MLB 09, what if there is an online league in which you take a team and you can trade players with other users' teams and bid on players during the offseason for players to be on your team. Also you can raise your yearly income but doing things during the offseason, what ever that may be, to increase your chances of landing one or some of the big named free agents. Also there could be a draft where you can load the rosters from an college game that someone had save so you can draft some 'real' prospects, of course this wouldn't work for MLB 09 but you can still have the draft with fake prospects.

They can get rid of the offline version, if the want to, and add lobbies for the online league where people can see the league and how much you need to fill it up and stuff. Many people don't use the offline version but if the online one had that info that I wrote at the top plus you get wins for your online record, I think it could be a great addition to a sports game.

thoughts?
                    Last edited by PACKmanN; 01-11-2009, 04:42 AM.

Comment

• Why would they scrap the offline version of the game? That doesnt make any sense. As wide spread as online gaming has become, just about everyone plays offline. A lot of companies are giving too much love to the online apect and in turn, hurting the offline experience (example: Left 4 Dead or any other short campaign out there) but, it will never come to the point where all gaming is done online.

Just a random thought...but, nothing makes me madder than online co-op only. Has to be the dumbest feature ever...gamers do actually have real life friends you know. ha. I hate the encouraging of online gaming...instead of the traditional playing w/ a friend actually by your side, in your own house. geez. So lame. We need more offline co-op games. Offline multiplayer in general, really.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                        Why would they scrap the offline version of the game? That doesnt make any sense. As wide spread as online gaming has become, just about everyone plays offline. A lot of companies are giving too much love to the online apect and in turn, hurting the offline experience (example: Left 4 Dead or any other short campaign out there) but, it will never come to the point where all gaming is done online.

Just a random thought...but, nothing makes me madder than online co-op only. Has to be the dumbest feature ever...gamers do actually have real life friends you know. ha. I hate the encouraging of online gaming...instead of the traditional playing w/ a friend actually by your side, in your own house. geez. So lame. We need more offline co-op games. Offline multiplayer in general, really.
                        no, I'm not talking about the entire offline, just the offline league/season thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                          no, I'm not talking about the entire offline, just the offline league/season thing.
                          Not sure i follow exactly, like Franchise mode in Madden? That would just be a bad idea. Everyone I know has their own offline Franchises along w/ all the leagues and ranked matches, w/e online. Also, simming offline franchises with a friend or even solo is some of the most fun one can have in Madden for the fantasy fan.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                            Not sure i follow exactly, like Franchise mode in Madden? That would just be a bad idea. Everyone I know has their own offline Franchises along w/ all the leagues and ranked matches, w/e online. Also, simming offline franchises with a friend or even solo is some of the most fun one can have in Madden for the fantasy fan.
                            yeah, i said they could take it off, but I think an online version of it would be great.

Comment

• Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                              yeah, i said they could take it off, but I think an online version of it would be great.
                              Yeah, they need a good online franchise mode but, they dont need to take out the offline to do that. See NCAA 09. It'd be tough to do in the show, though. Nearly impossible to get through a full online season in MLB. I'd probably be game, though but, if it was a 162 game schedule, i would never finish.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information