Official PlayStation thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FatJJ44 View Post
    my ps3 just stopped reading discs. i can turn it on and do everything else but it just won't read games or dvds. does anyone know how to fix this and if i cant, can i send it back to sony or somewhere else to get it fixed. thanks
    You get a 1 year warrenty from sony from the date you bought it. If it is under warrenty call them. They send a box, you put your crap in it and they send it back. It will take around 3 weeks for you to get it back from when you sent it out. Everything is free including shipping if its under warrenty. I know because I had mine sent back awhile ago and it was simple. If its been over a year with them and you have no other warrenty, im sure you can send it to them but it will cost $.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by PackerLegend View Post
      You get a 1 year warrenty from sony from the date you bought it. If it is under warrenty call them. They send a box, you put your crap in it and they send it back. It will take around 3 weeks for you to get it back from when you sent it out. Everything is free including shipping if its under warrenty. I know because I had mine sent back awhile ago and it was simple. If its been over a year with them and you have no other warrenty, im sure you can send it to them but it will cost $.
      alright mines barely over a year old so ill probably have to pay. thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
        Wouldn't that be a sequel? I think it would be cool if they make it based off that level, like either the same terrorist group or a different one was responsible for hijacking Air Force One and now you have to find/protect the President and/or defeat this group.
        yeah, my bad, I said prelude on accident. I hope its a sequel to the 4th. But since Soap was the only one alive at the end, they'd have to make new characters and story as well. this should game should blow out Call of Duty World at War, which in my mind was a disapointment.

Comment

• Killzone 2 looks amazing.

And on a SFIV note, I didn't know they added Gen. That's going to be sweet as well. I might be the only fighter game person that likes this though, but I hope they have some cutscenes and actual endings.

Oh and that Arkham Asylum game? Old news I'm guessing, but I just found. The voices of Batman: The Animated Series are going to be in the game. For that alone it might be worth it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMvsqSAd-D8
          Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
            Killzone 2 looks amazing.

And on a SFIV note, I didn't know they added Gen. That's going to be sweet as well. I might be the only fighter game person that likes this though, but I hope they have some cutscenes and actual endings.

Oh and that Arkham Asylum game? Old news I'm guessing, but I just found. The voices of Batman: The Animated Series are going to be in the game. For that alone it might be worth it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMvsqSAd-D8
            The endings have improved and are done in anime style I believe. I doubt they'll have cutscenes throughout arcade mode though.

Arkham Asylum is looking to be good. I've heard a little about it but don't remember the details. The graphics from screenshots I have seen look amazing though. Also Mark Hamil doing the Joker voice again = win.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

• My PS3 tried to die out on me today.. It said the Disk Drive was corrupt and would be restored.. Everything turned out okay.. but it definitely made me poo a little..

Comment

• Arkham Asylum looks like a fist full of win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                  My PS3 tried to die out on me today.. It said the Disk Drive was corrupt and would be restored.. Everything turned out okay.. but it definitely made me poo a little..
                  lol. mines dieing on my too. Won't read discs and whenever it does, it freezes up in the middle of games. Ps3's starting to dissapoint me. this is the 2nd time. Hope I can get it replaced in time for Killzone.

Comment

• Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
                    lol. mines dieing on my too. Won't read discs and whenever it does, it freezes up in the middle of games. Ps3's starting to dissapoint me. this is the 2nd time. Hope I can get it replaced in time for Killzone.
                    I just bought this in April of last year.. It better not be dying out on me.

Comment

• Oh wow. I didn't know MLB The Show 09 is a PS3 exclusive. That's ridiculously cool. If all of the upgrades they are putting in work out, this could be the best baseball game ever.

I keep watching trailers for games coming out in '09 and they're saying that this is going to be the year of the PS3. Looks like it with Killzone 2 and God of War III alone. I wish they'd make Tekken 6 and Fight Night Round 4 exclusives as well.
                      Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• wasn't the Show 08 exclusive?

Comment

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                          wasn't the Show 08 exclusive?
                          Yeah. I found that out. I didn't play that one though.

Oh and Heavy Rain? Not sure if it should just be rented, but that looks great.

Comment

Yeah. I found that out. I didn't play that one though.

Oh and Heavy Rain? Not sure if it should just be rented, but that looks great.
                            I enjoyed The Show 08 much more than 2k8, but by the time I compared the two I figured I'll just wait to get 09.

Comment

Oh wow. I didn't know MLB The Show 09 is a PS3 exclusive. That's ridiculously cool. If all of the upgrades they are putting in work out, this could be the best baseball game ever.

I keep watching trailers for games coming out in '09 and they're saying that this is going to be the year of the PS3. Looks like it with Killzone 2 and God of War III alone. I wish they'd make Tekken 6 and Fight Night Round 4 exclusives as well.
                              Eh, they said that last year was going to be the year of the PS3 as well. Microsoft doesn't really announce their games that early like Sony. Microsoft will have some good games like Mass Effect 2, Halo Wars, Halo ODST, unannounced Lionhead Studios game, and an unannounced Rare game. Theres some more I could list but theres no point. They have a good chance of having the best year depending on unannounced titles. However, 2009 will probably be the year of the Wii again. PS3 needs a price drop before it will be the victor. Sony is smart though, they have a 10 year plan for the PS3.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

• I really don't see the appeal of Halo Wars.

I mean, I understand the success of games like those in the past, and maybe it will be a hit with fans of that type of game. But there is no way that typical Halo players will be into Halo Wars.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information