Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official PlayStation thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Yeah, Dead Space is all about the limbs and the head. There arent even that many "real" guns...most of the time, you'll be using these laser rock cutter deals, they're mining tools. Love that game. I still get the urge to play it every now and then...gotta buy it one day, even though I beat it already.

    Thanks BoneKrusher^

    http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

    Comment


    • Holy crap I might bust a nut the day Heavy Rain comes out. I just can't wait.

      Oh and this is a long time in the future, but you guys should check out Rag Doll Kung Fu. It's like going to be the cool version of SSB for PS3. Another one that's cool is Fat Princess, but I think that comes out before.

      I don't know about RE5 though. I've never played any of the games, but it just seems so slow to me. Like sometimes you have zombies standing right next to you not doing anything it seems. And I was told by a friend at least in RE4 like, if you had money for upgrades on guns, that was basically everything because then it was way easier to kill them. I don't know. It seems like I'd have just as much fun playing Night Of The Dead in an arcade, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. If anyone has some notes on gameplay or whatever or maybe can compare it to a game that'd be cool.

      I also pre-ordered my SFIV Collector's Edition which I think is well worth the extra 30 bucks. Can't wait for that. I guess I ordered it right before Gamestop stopped taking pre-orders on the CE too which is cool.
      Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

      Comment


      • Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
        I don't know about RE5 though. I've never played any of the games, but it just seems so slow to me. Like sometimes you have zombies standing right next to you not doing anything it seems. And I was told by a friend at least in RE4 like, if you had money for upgrades on guns, that was basically everything because then it was way easier to kill them. I don't know. It seems like I'd have just as much fun playing Night Of The Dead in an arcade, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. If anyone has some notes on gameplay or whatever or maybe can compare it to a game that'd be cool.

        Try mastering the controls (when you are done shooting, press back and X to do a quick 180 and then forward and x to sprint away and then set up for your next attack). Also increasing the aiming speed to FASTEST did a lot for me. Aim for the head or the knees to not waste ammo, and always blow up the gas tanks to take out a bunch of zombies at once (and it looks sweet). I think the controls combined with the amazing graphics and supposed 18 hrs of story make this a must buy.
        save Freeman

        Comment


        • If there is honestly 18 hours of gameplay...I'm in love. After I play RE5, I will want to die because my life will be all downhill.

          Comment


          • I always talk about how I'm not a big FPS fan but, I love Resistance: Fall of Man. I've been playing it a lot the last couple of days. I'm really looking forward to the 2nd one.

            Thanks BoneKrusher^

            http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
            KO KNOWS

            Comment


            • I thought the RE5 demo was terrible solo or co-op. Hated it, and think its a disgrace to the original RE and RE2.
              INDIANAPOLIS COLTS: SUPER BOWL XLI CHAMPIONS!

              Comment


              • I think RE1 and RE2 were attempted movies with horrible gameplay.

                To each his own.
                Virginia Tech.
                ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

                Next Up: 2012

                Comment


                • Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                  I think RE1 and RE2 were attempted movies with horrible gameplay.

                  To each his own.
                  It was PS1 though....
                  INDIANAPOLIS COLTS: SUPER BOWL XLI CHAMPIONS!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by IndyColtScout View Post
                    It was PS1 though....
                    What is your point?

                    Plenty of PS1 games have amazing gameplay.
                    Virginia Tech.
                    ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

                    Next Up: 2012

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                      What is your point?

                      Plenty of PS1 games have amazing gameplay.
                      If RE5 was on PS1 it would be one of the worst games ever made. If RE1 was on PS3 it would have been one of the best games ever made.

                      Few influential factors for me: I like the old RE gameplay system compared to the new. I hate the new Camera (old wasn't much better) but I just hate the new camera. Two can't stand the button config. I think its too hard to bring up your equipment compared to the old game. Three, story line is getting worse and worse. Four, this isn't even a zombie game anymore. There are freaking drunk Hatians.
                      INDIANAPOLIS COLTS: SUPER BOWL XLI CHAMPIONS!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by IndyColtScout View Post
                        If RE5 was on PS1 it would be one of the worst games ever made. If RE1 was on PS3 it would have been one of the best games ever made.

                        Few influential factors for me: I like the old RE gameplay system compared to the new. I hate the new Camera (old wasn't much better) but I just hate the new camera. Two can't stand the button config. I think its too hard to bring up your equipment compared to the old game. Three, story line is getting worse and worse. Four, this isn't even a zombie game anymore. There are freaking drunk Hatians.
                        I disagree completely.

                        Resident Evil and Redident Evil 2 had clunky, slow, and plodding gameplay on the Playstation, and then again in the Gamecube remake. They chose the gameplay to be like that.

                        RE4 could not have been made on the PS1, so that is a mute point.

                        The new camera was praised by almost every critic. The over the shoulder look has been emulated in many games since.

                        The button config was unaccustomed at first but quickly grew on me.

                        They are part of a cult that has been infected by a virus. It's all related.

                        The only aspect I believe RE1 and maybe RE2 had over RE5 is the presence. It was very dark and effective.
                        Virginia Tech.
                        ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

                        Next Up: 2012

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by IndyColtScout View Post
                          If RE5 was on PS1 it would be one of the worst games ever made. If RE1 was on PS3 it would have been one of the best games ever made.

                          Few influential factors for me: I like the old RE gameplay system compared to the new. I hate the new Camera (old wasn't much better) but I just hate the new camera. Two can't stand the button config. I think its too hard to bring up your equipment compared to the old game. Three, story line is getting worse and worse. Four, this isn't even a zombie game anymore. There are freaking drunk Hatians.
                          1. I really enjoy the new camera, it's just like RE4 (which, based on your rants, I'm assuming you haven't played since RE5 is just like it). I think it's a lot better than the original, but to each his own.

                          2. I enjoy the new inventory because it's realistic and it's not just a pause menu where you can stop anytime to rearrange and switch weapons. However, I did enjoy the old where it was like a puzzle switching items around. Hopefully they might keep that?

                          3 and 4. They aren't supposed to be zombies. The story for 5 is about the origin of the T-Virus. The virus wasn't just created in some lab. It comes from Africa (not Haiti) where prolly Umbrella got the blood, then modified it to create the viruses. RE5 is like 10 years after RE1, with Chris Redfield searching for the origin and prolly how to stop the virus. So, it actually makes sense.

                          I agree, that the stories for 4 and 5 aren't as good as the originals. However, imo, the gameplay (not graphics) and atmosphere is more realistic and no "videogamey." The only thing I really hate is not being able to move while aiming. ******* pisses me off.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                            1. I really enjoy the new camera, it's just like RE4 (which, based on your rants, I'm assuming you haven't played since RE5 is just like it). I think it's a lot better than the original, but to each his own.

                            2. I enjoy the new inventory because it's realistic and it's not just a pause menu where you can stop anytime to rearrange and switch weapons. However, I did enjoy the old where it was like a puzzle switching items around. Hopefully they might keep that?

                            3 and 4. They aren't supposed to be zombies. The story for 5 is about the origin of the T-Virus. The virus wasn't just created in some lab. It comes from Africa (not Haiti) where prolly Umbrella got the blood, then modified it to create the viruses. RE5 is like 10 years after RE1, with Chris Redfield searching for the origin and prolly how to stop the virus. So, it actually makes sense.

                            I agree, that the stories for 4 and 5 aren't as good as the originals. However, imo, the gameplay (not graphics) and atmosphere is more realistic and no "videogamey." The only thing I really hate is not being able to move while aiming. ******* pisses me off.
                            PS3 needs Left 4 Dead
                            INDIANAPOLIS COLTS: SUPER BOWL XLI CHAMPIONS!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by IndyColtScout View Post
                              If RE5 was on PS1 it would be one of the worst games ever made. If RE1 was on PS3 it would have been one of the best games ever made.

                              Few influential factors for me: I like the old RE gameplay system compared to the new. I hate the new Camera (old wasn't much better) but I just hate the new camera. Two can't stand the button config. I think its too hard to bring up your equipment compared to the old game. Three, story line is getting worse and worse. Four, this isn't even a zombie game anymore. There are freaking drunk Hatians.
                              I didn't like any of the Resident Evils other than 4 and I loved RE 5 demo. Hate the new camera? RE 1,2 cameras were ___TERRIBLE___. One of the worst cameras in a game I've played. You can switch the controls to a new config that allows you to strafe and shoot I believe. The equipment screen is easy, you can assign guns and herbs to the d-pad for quick switching (a lot of people don't know that). Eh, the story lines were never really great imo.

                              Sig by Hitman D.

                              Comment


                              • I bought Resistance 2 today cant wait to play later. Good stuff.

                                Thanks BoneKrusher^

                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                                KO KNOWS

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information