Official PlayStation thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
    I bought Resistance 2 today cant wait to play later. Good stuff.
    I'll play with you if you want to play multiplayer online. There is no co-op story mode anymore. My PSN thenrk.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

• Anyone get SFIV yet? It's killing me that I can't play it for another month.
      Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
        Anyone get SFIV yet? It's killing me that I can't play it for another month.
        Why cant you play it for another month? I picked it up the day after it came out, very damn good, controls are alright, though an arcade stick would be a good investment. Sounds are great, visually it is stunning. The backgrouns are vivid and always moving, the character models look alive, and respond relistically when they get hit (get punched in the gut, your face will be gasping for breath). It has a bit of a learner's curve, as anything above easy is just rape at times. Boss is also very cheesy as in any other games. A very good buy indeed

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
        Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

• Originally posted by aNYtitan View Post
          Why cant you play it for another month? I picked it up the day after it came out, very damn good, controls are alright, though an arcade stick would be a good investment. Sounds are great, visually it is stunning. The backgrouns are vivid and always moving, the character models look alive, and respond relistically when they get hit (get punched in the gut, your face will be gasping for breath). It has a bit of a learner's curve, as anything above easy is just rape at times. Boss is also very cheesy as in any other games. A very good buy indeed
          So that I wouldn't just mindlessly play games all day instead of giving minimal effort on assignments, I decided to leave my PS3 back home across the US. So, I can't play it until Spring Break.

And actually, if you want a cheaper investment that's better than that MadCatz fight pad, go online and buy yourself a SEGA Saturn usb controller. Only the PS3 is compatible with them. Not too bad. Something like $24. I'd do it quick though because I'm fairly sure all of the PS3 owners are starting to buy them out.
          Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Originally posted by thetedginnshow View Post
            Anyone get SFIV yet? It's killing me that I can't play it for another month.
            SF IV is awesome. I have it for 360 though. Sagat, Zangief, and Bison are pretty ridiculous. Good thing I used Hugo in Third Strike and I get to use Zangief again :D. Just unlocked all the other characters and I've decided Gouken is going to be my character for mismatches. Hes pretty neat, hes like Ryu + Akuma along with his own style.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

• Originally posted by nrk View Post
              SF IV is awesome. I have it for 360 though. Sagat, Zangief, and Bison are pretty ridiculous. Good thing I used Hugo in Third Strike and I get to use Zangief again :D. Just unlocked all the other characters and I've decided Gouken is going to be my character for mismatches. Hes pretty neat, hes like Ryu + Akuma along with his own style.
              Out of that list, I would say Zagat is the best, just because he has a combination of moves to perform when your close, and moves to perform at a distance.

Comment

• Originally posted by aNYtitan View Post
                Out of that list, I would say Zagat is the best, just because he has a combination of moves to perform when your close, and moves to perform at a distance.
                Yeah, Sagat's reach is incredible, has high and low projectiles, and his tiger knee is awesome. My friend mains him and I main Zangief; and Sagat is the most annoying to get close to. I've been messing around with E. Honda and he is a beast. Does great damage and stun. He also takes damage very well. His high punch is an awesome defense, it goes in like a semi-circle around him. It even hits low attacks ( or so my friend claimed it stopped his trip once).

I'm really enjoying Killzone 2 other than unlocking the badges or whatever.
                Last edited by nrk; 03-02-2009, 12:05 AM.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

• Is Killzone 2 really the best FPS ever? There are certainly a lot of people proclaiming it to be.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                  KO KNOWS

Comment

Yeah, Sagat's reach is incredible, has high and low projectiles, and his tiger knee is awesome. My friend mains him and I main Zangief; and Sagat is the most annoying to get close to. I've been messing around with E. Honda and he is a beast. Does great damage and stun. He also takes damage very well. His high punch is an awesome defense, it goes in like a semi-circle around him. It even hits low attacks ( or so my friend claimed it stopped his trip once).

I'm really enjoying Killzone 2 other than unlocking the badges or whatever.
                    IDK, i think Abel is the last person I would want to get close to. I think I may have found my fighter though in Sakura, good speed and great reaction, but takes damage easily. IDK yet, I have yet to unlock everyone

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                      Is Killzone 2 really the best FPS ever? There are certainly a lot of people proclaiming it to be.
                      You really can't tell until majority of the player base have unlocked the badges. It is seeming like to me it's going to be like resistance 2 with a tf2 class system. I mean the badges all seem really cool. The saboteur can disguise as the other time like a spy, engineer can build a sentry, and there are some other cool stuff. I dislike the "weight" that they gave the guns, and they took out cover in multiplayer. I haven't unlocked a lot of guns yet and I only have the Medic badge unlocked. One really cool feature I forgot to mention is the Tactician which has the ability to throw like a smoke canister, creating a spawn point for the team. The graphics are amaaaaaaaazing.

Originally posted by aNYtitan View Post
                      IDK, i think Abel is the last person I would want to get close to. I think I may have found my fighter though in Sakura, good speed and great reaction, but takes damage easily. IDK yet, I have yet to unlock everyone
                      Well I meant it's so hard to get close to Sagat. He can tiger knee across the map quickly and his fierce kicks are a *****. It's just so hard to get next to him. I love Sakura's dragon punch. It's also fun to juggle with her dragon punch w/ a kick (not sure the name of the move).
                      Last edited by nrk; 03-02-2009, 12:23 AM.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

• Killzone 2 is awesome.

Next up is Resident Evil 4 in two weeks.
                        Virginia Tech.
                        ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Well I meant it's so hard to get close to Sagat. He can tiger knee across the map quickly and his fierce kicks are a *****. It's just so hard to get next to him. I love Sakura's dragon punch. It's also fun to juggle with her dragon punch w/ a kick (not sure the name of the move).
                          Yeah thats true, Sagat has some remarkable range. I still think Zangief and Abel though are the most annoying, because of the damage they can inflict without taking a whole lot themselves. I'm just doing like a quick run through the game to unlock all the characters but C. Viper, Abel, Sakura and Sagat are some people I want to keep practicing with. Along with Ryu and Ken. The charge attacks are just frustrating on a SixAxis though. Its also going to be such a pain to get Gouken because of the requirements.
                          Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                          Killzone 2 is awesome.

Next up is Resident Evil 4 in two weeks.
                          I thought its Resident Evil 5 that was coming out? I really want to get Killzone, but just ain't got the cash and a ton of games to play (Fallout 3, Rainbow 6:Vegas, Soul Caliber 4, FarCry, and I still have to finish Resistence [yup, haven't even finished that] and Guitar Hero: World tour)

Comment

• I plan on buying The Show on Wednesday and RE5 in 2 weeks. I've already accepted that this is my last semester of college, so nothing will get done and class is optional.

Comment

• Someone tell me how RE5 is once you get to playing. If I do get it, it probably won't be for several months as KZ2 and The Show are of higher priority, but eh, why not waste more money.

Oh but I think Zangief is the cheapest. Sagat is the top tier (according to those lists) and is by far the most well-rounded, but a good Zangief player can just avoid everything long range and it's over if it goes to hand-to-hand.

Comment

• Anyone here have MLB 09: The Show?

BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information