Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
    Wow, Smokey, that blows.

Now my HDMI cable going out on me and my display settings being all messed up don't seem that bad...
    just press down on the power button for 5 seconds and everything resets to default.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

• Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
      just press down on the power button for 5 seconds and everything resets to default.
      I've done that, and it's not working. I've done it before when switching from HD to normal and vice-versa, and it works. However, it isn't working now. The display is to big for the TV, so parts get cut off. I've tried going into display settings, but I have no idea what to do because nothing I've done has worked.

I'm going to switch TVs to see if it's something like that, but idk.

Comment

I might have found some good news... I have a receipt from my original purchase and it turns out I did purchase a product return plan. However, I have no idea how long it lasts. If it last 3 years or longer, I think I might be safe. However, if it is less than 3 years, FML.

I have no idea how to find out how long it lasts though... should I call and see?
        Dude, yeah call them up. I mean you don't lose nothing in asking, and the worst that can happen is that you have to pay $150

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
        Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

• **** you gamestop, why in **** did I pay 70 bucks for a PRP that only lasted a year??? What the **** was I thinking??? **** YOU GAMESTOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

**** you gamestop, why in **** did I pay 70 bucks for a PRP that only lasted a year??? What the **** was I thinking??? **** YOU GAMESTOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            That **** sucks. Well what I would advise you to do is see if there are any local game shops and see if they do console repairs. It might wind up cheaper for all you know.

Comment

• I'm thinking about doing some manual fixes that I find online... since my warranty is already expired, it shouldn't matter if I break the warranty seal, right?

Comment

• if you break the warranty seal though professional comapanies may not work on em

Sig by jkpigskin , thanks.

Comment

• I would just wait and buy another PS3 if I were you (unless you want the refurbished one). They're going to have a price cut this year I think.

But man. My summer is about to get wasted away on Fight Night.
                  Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• I'm gonna preform surgery on my baby. No way am I spending 150 bucks (plus taxes) for a refurbished PS3 with only a 90 day warranty (they won't give out extended warranties).

I've found some really good tips online, so wish me luck.

Comment

I'm gonna preform surgery on my baby. No way am I spending 150 bucks (plus taxes) for a refurbished PS3 with only a 90 day warranty (they won't give out extended warranties).

Good luck. If it fails, there will hopefully be a pricecut later this year. Activision has said they might have to stop supporting the PS3 in the future if there is no price cut.

“They have to cut the price, because if they don't, the attach rates [the number of games each console owner buys] are likely to slow. If we are being realistic, we might have to stop supporting Sony.” Ask when and he says: “When we look at 2010 and 2011, we might want to consider if we support the console — and the PSP [portable] too.”
                      http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...=1245400825888

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

I'm gonna preform surgery on my baby. No way am I spending 150 bucks (plus taxes) for a refurbished PS3 with only a 90 day warranty (they won't give out extended warranties).

Its either going to be a good result or you got yourself a 30 pound paperweight. Good luck dude

Comment

• There will be a price cut this year but not anytime soon. I'd say around the fall.

Comment

Well, you spent $70 on a return plan... That's nearly half the refurbished PS3 price. Clearly you don't value money. Good luck on the surgery though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitman D View Post
                              There will be a price cut this year but not anytime soon. I'd say around the fall.
                              Rumor of a $100 price cut in August.

http://www.edge-online.com/news/ps3-...ped-for-august

Less then two months isn't that bad of a wait.

Comment

**** you gamestop, why in **** did I pay 70 bucks for a PRP that only lasted a year??? What the **** was I thinking??? **** YOU GAMESTOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                Damn, I feel ya man. My warranty expired and my broke as well a while back. I found some idiot on craigslist who gave me 140 bucks for it (since it was broken) and I just bought me a new one. Go to target next time you buy, they have a great 3 year warranty, I think it was 50 bucks, maybe lower. NEVER go to gamestop for anything, they give you little store credit, crappy warranties and they just suck. GameCrazy >>>> GameStop.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information