Official PlayStation thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
    Damn, I feel ya man. My warranty expired and my broke as well a while back. I found some idiot on craigslist who gave me 140 bucks for it (since it was broken) and I just bought me a new one. Go to target next time you buy, they have a great 3 year warranty, I think it was 50 bucks, maybe lower. NEVER go to gamestop for anything, they give you little store credit, crappy warranties and they just suck. GameCrazy >>>> GameStop.
    I know, I love GameCrazy.... but when I bought the PS3 (it was about 2-3 months after the launch), the one Gamestop near me was the only place that had it.

When/if I buy a new one, I'll definitely check out target. I'm thinking about writing sony a letter about how pissed I am at them. Maybe they'll send me a free gift to keep me a customer.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
      Well, you spent $70 on a return plan... That's nearly half the refurbished PS3 price. Clearly you don't value money. Good luck on the surgery though.
      I was only 15 or 16 at the time and I went with my dad, and my dad said I should purchase the plan, not realizing the system comes with it's own 1 year warranty. If I ever buy another return plan, especially from gamestop, I'm gonna purposely break whatever it is about a month before it runs out just to cost them money.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
        Rumor of a $100 price cut in August.

http://www.edge-online.com/news/ps3-...ped-for-august

Less then two months isn't that bad of a wait.
        That's good to hear. I probably won't buy another one until after JuCo though.

Comment

• I am in the market to buy one, want it now...but not sure if I want to get it this week/next month or the next. I am tired of waiting around for a price cut.

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!

Comment

• Just get it now. Go to Walmart and get the bundle that comes with MLB The Show & Quantum Of Solace. If you don't want that game, sell it to gamestop and use that credit for one you want.

Comment

• New plan:

Call sony again tomorrow and ***** at them until they either replace my system with a brand new one, give me an extended warranty on a refurbished one, or give me the refurbished one for free.

If worst comes to worst, I'll cry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
                New plan:

Call sony again tomorrow and ***** at them until they either replace my system with a brand new one, give me an extended warranty on a refurbished one, or give me the refurbished one for free.

If worst comes to worst, I'll cry.
                That may be the biggest time waster in human history, no chance Sony even remotely budges. I say you should go down to gamestop or even better a sony style store and take the employees their hostage, and use them as leverage to give you a new PS3.

BTW, I should ask this, did you leave your PS3 on for obscene hours, like either playing or downloading something?

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

• Originally posted by aNYtitan View Post
                  That may be the biggest time waster in human history, no chance Sony even remotely budges. I say you should go down to gamestop or even better a sony style store and take the employees their hostage, and use them as leverage to give you a new PS3.

BTW, I should ask this, did you leave your PS3 on for obscene hours, like either playing or downloading something?
                  Nope. I would play 2-3 hours every other day, but otherwise, it was off in a well ventilated area. However, the night it did break, I was downloading the NCAA demo, and it just shut off half way through.

Comment

• Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
                    Nope. I would play 2-3 hours every other day, but otherwise, it was off in a well ventilated area. However, the night it did break, I was downloading the NCAA demo, and it just shut off half way through.
                    Hmm...yeah I heard the leaving on the system for too long causes some damage, may be the reason. IDK, I'm trying to care for my system cause I bought it second hand and i have no idea how it was treated before hand

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                    Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

• Well I made the purchase, I bought the 160 GB with Uncharted this week. Looks great so far. :)

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!

Comment

• Fight Night is awesome.
                        Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Did anybody play Tiger Woods PGA tour 10. I played the demo and seems pretty good but Im not sure if I should buy the game.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• The only thing I dont like about that deal is that they give you Uncharted. Amazing, amazing, amazing game. But in a way, it's false advertising for the PS3 because, you're not going to find many games that look remotely as good as Uncharted on the PS3. It's a bitter sweet deal if you're new to the PS3. So, you're playing uncharted...which may be your only game and you have these expectations that all the PS3 games will look that good. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                            KO KNOWS

Comment

• Yep, looks like I will try to manually fix my ps3 and if that doesn't work, I'll likely just buy a new one when the price drops (rumored to drop $100 in August). I heard somewhere that Target offers 3 year warranties on PS3's, so that seems like the best route to take if I can't fix the PS3. Or maybe my brother who never uses his will give me his, that'd be awesome.

When I called Sony today to try and negotiate a better deal and all they said is they can't do anything about it, and that's BS. No way in hell I'm spending $150+ on a refurbished model with only a 90 day warranty, that's ridiculous, especially considering I've done nothing but take very good care of my PS3 and have been a loyal Sony costumer for the past several years. The guy tried to sell me this crap about the refurbished ones being factory compared, and all I gotta say is who gives a f***. $150 is a decent amount of change, and if I'm gonna spend it on a reused system, I want more than a 90 day warranty. No way do I want to go through this s*** again in a year.

However, I did send them an angry e-mail. Maybe if I'm lucky, they'll send me a free game or accessory.

Comment

• What did you say was wrong w/ it, the yellow lights? I dont know how to fix it, just curious.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                                KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information