No announcement yet.

US Beats South Korea 77-0

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

haha how come you guys are so proud of this? this is what america is suppose to do. Not to mention that other countries don't have the luxury of too many 300 pound linemen.

Comment

Originally posted by soybean View Post
      haha how come you guys are so proud of this? this is what america is suppose to do. Not to mention that other countries don't have the luxury of too many 300 pound linemen.
      These players ARE HORRRID by US standards. i mean most of them cant even play D1.

Classic NFLDC. Vatech!
      Originally posted by DLS42
      Elway we'll settle this once and for all. Cal SC sig bet. Cal wins you wear a cal sig for 3 weeks. Sc wins. ill wear a I heart pete caroll sig.

Comment

Originally posted by someone447 View Post
        I think he is just ignorant, not racist, just not the brightest person.
        I could go with that. :)

Comment

Get over yourself. The basic story is, football is starting to have international tournaments and our boys are going over there and wrecking some ass. I'm proud of that, period. Go burn a flag, pinko.

Did everyone read the whole article? Check this first-half recap:

KAWASAKI, JAPAN Ė Special teams and defense accounted for 42 points as the United States rolled to a 77-0 victory over Korea in Team USAís opening game at the 2007 World Championship of American Football on Tuesday evening.

Team USA set seven single-game tournament records including total defense as Korea finished with a net loss of 31 yards offensively and did not record a first down. Team USA amassed a tournament record 289 return yards and nine different U.S. players found the end zone.

Saginaw Valley Stateís Bobby Awrey started the game with an 84-yard kickoff return for a touchdown as Team USA jumped to a 28-0 first quarter lead. Awrey also added a 74-yard punt return in the second quarter. The scores were the first kickoff and punt returns for touchdowns in World Championship history.

"That (kickoff) felt amazing," Awrey said. "The guys did a great job. The hole just opened up so wide up the middle of the field. I got to the 20 and realized this is the first play in USA Football history. Iím proud and honored to take that first one back for the team."

Wisconsin-Stevens Pointís Cody Childs was the only other player to find the end zone twice. He scored on a 13-yard first quarter run and a 1-yard fourth quarter scamper.

After Childsí first quarter score the U.S. defense tacked on two more touchdowns before the end of the quarter. Mary Hardin-Baylorís Josh Kubiak swooped in and blocked a Korea punt that was recovered in the end zone by Christopher Newportís Rob Rodriguez. Just over a minute later Wisconsin-La Crosseís Steve Teeples intercepted an errant K.M Kim throw at the Korea 5-yard line and slipped into the end zone with 5:16 to go in the quarter.

Hobartís Doug Blakowski extended the US lead to 35-0 early in the second quarter on a four-yard touchdown run to cap a short drive that was set up on a 60 yard punt return by Teeples. Awrey added his punt return two minutes later to give the US a 42-0 halftime cushion.
          lol owned

Comment

Originally posted by yo123 View Post
            when the US wasnt in it.
            Originally posted by scar988 View Post
            it's cuase we didn';t send a team to those.
            Yeah i knew that I just did this:

highlight below:

I put underneath the first statement, in whit font color, but america didnt send a team

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

man i actualyl really like those UNI's// ya it would be sad if they didnt own the teams

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

The No. 1 receiver goes to my school. :)
                "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

I bet if the South Pacific Islands came up with a team they'd be BEASTLY!

I'd like to see Africa field a team. I'm sure Japan can find some Sumo Wrestlers to battle it out in the trenches.

Comment

Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                    I bet if the South Pacific Islands came up with a team they'd be BEASTLY!

I'd like to see Africa field a team. I'm sure Japan can find some Sumo Wrestlers to battle it out in the trenches.
                    man with all the sprinters that come out of africa... can you imagine the 40 times?!?!... stops to clean up drool

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

Their slowest skill guy would be running in the 4.3's lol
                      South Africa and Egypt would probably be the only two w/ teams though

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                        Their slowest skill guy would be running in the 4.3's lol
                        South Africa and Egypt would probably be the only two w/ teams though
                        ya... but still thats some fast teams... although their lines might be hurting a littel bit... but hey when your linebackers are all running 4.2's your in good shape haha

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

don't worry, once OUR sport catches on around the world we'll start losing. take basketball for example.
                          We lose at basketball because 10 outta our top 13 players dont attend and we play by completely different european rules which play into the hands of the other teams. Look what happens when foreigners that are the best in the european league come to play in the NBA, with the exceptions of Dirk, Yao and some others the vast majority fail and end up back over seas where there old teams hold grudges against them for leaving in the first place.

We send acouple college players over there also, think if Kobe, a healthy Shaq, Duncan, Lebron, Wade, Garnett, Stoudamire, Howard, Redd, Kidd, etc....all actually showed up to support their country enstead of making up excuses why they need to rest. I know some of those players are allready making the comitment etc, but they allways back out.

Comment

Originally posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
                            ya... but still thats some fast teams... although their lines might be hurting a littel bit... but hey when your linebackers are all running 4.2's your in good shape haha
                            Those Africans and Kenyens arent fast, they can just run forever because of the heat there trained in. They would get killed in a speed race, but dominate in a long distance one ala Boston marathon.

Comment

I wonder if a HS team could beat the best of the other countires?

-sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Originally posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
                                man with all the sprinters that come out of africa... can you imagine the 40 times?!?!... stops to clean up drool
                                Very, very few sprinters come out of Africa. They may be of African descent, but they are, almost exclusively, from the western hemisphere. Just because they are black doesn't mean they are fast, in fact, it is an argument for race having nothing to do with athleticism, but if anymore is said on that subject, this thread will get locked.
                                I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                                Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information