Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BuckNaked
    I use hypnosis to get girls in my pants
    Can't get 'em any other way? Ever tried date rape drugs?

Comment

Originally posted by JJJ888
      Originally posted by BuckNaked
      I use hypnosis to get girls in my pants
      Can't get 'em any other way? Ever tried date rape drugs?
      All the time. My favorite is the roofie-colada.

Comment

thats some crazy stuff.... i kinda want to be hypnotized to see how it feels

Go Ravens!

Comment

Hypnotism is real, however it greatly depends on your personality.

Only around 10% of people can be "hypnotised." These are people with really in depth imaginations, and can pretty much live fantasies. There were actually a lot of experiments done with hypnotism, and it was proven to work as long as you have the ideal subjects.

However, hypnotism doesn't extend as far as people think. You cannot:

a) make people remember things they don't normally remember. Such as 3rd birthdays, etc.

b) make people do things they don't want to do. Even with ideal subjects, when you try to make them do something they don't want to do they will simply sit there.

Comment

Re: Hypnosis

We had a hypnotist come to our school last night...and I was selected to be hypnotized along with about 20 other kids. The hypnosis didn't really work that well on me (I was pretty concious of everything I was doing, but I just kept wanting to go back to sleep), but some of my friends were totally out of it. There was one girl who was so completely hypnotized that they had to lock her up in a room to prevent her from hurting anybody.

The same hypnotist also did some crazy ESP stuff...he had one girl pick a single word out of a 250 page book and then he figured out the word and wrote it down on a piece of paper.

So I'm wondering, does anyone else believe in this stuff? Because I'm totally convinced now that it's real.
            I just wanted to reply to some of this, even if you did post it a while ago and may not read this.

In the US there was a huge challenge offered forth by a large group of psychologists, who offered over a million dollars to anyone who could display any paranormal/esp ability. This experiment was open to anyone who applied, and thousands did. Needless to say, no one has won that money. Pretty much every display you see, the person is in complete control of who is selected, what happens, where it happens, what is said, etc. When you take complete control away from these people, their abilities disappear.

Now, I'm not completed closed-minded to all these types of things, but as a psych student, I have to review facts/stats and remain somewhat skeptical. And so far, all the facts and stats are highly opposed to hypnotism to that level, along with esp and paranormal abilities.

Comment

Originally posted by frogstomp
              We had a hypnotist come to our school last night...and I was selected to be hypnotized along with about 20 other kids. The hypnosis didn't really work that well on me (I was pretty concious of everything I was doing, but I just kept wanting to go back to sleep), but some of my friends were totally out of it. There was one girl who was so completely hypnotized that they had to lock her up in a room to prevent her from hurting anybody.

The same hypnotist also did some crazy ESP stuff...he had one girl pick a single word out of a 250 page book and then he figured out the word and wrote it down on a piece of paper.

So I'm wondering, does anyone else believe in this stuff? Because I'm totally convinced now that it's real.
              I just wanted to reply to some of this, even if you did post it a while ago and may not read this.

In the US there was a huge challenge offered forth by a large group of psychologists, who offered over a million dollars to anyone who could display any paranormal/esp ability. This experiment was open to anyone who applied, and thousands did. Needless to say, no one has won that money. Pretty much every display you see, the person is in complete control of who is selected, what happens, where it happens, what is said, etc. When you take complete control away from these people, their abilities disappear.

Now, I'm not completed closed-minded to all these types of things, but as a psych student, I have to review facts/stats and remain somewhat skeptical. And so far, all the facts and stats are highly opposed to hypnotism to that level, along with esp and paranormal abilities.
              I recently talked to a friend who is a magician about some of the tricks...and he said he knew how to do all of them except for one. The only explanation he could offer for this "trick" was that the hypnotist temporarily hypnotized the subject to say the correct card.

Comment

I recently talked to a friend who is a magician about some of the tricks...and he said he knew how to do all of them except for one. The only explanation he could offer for this "trick" was that the hypnotist temporarily hypnotized the subject to say the correct card.
                See, you cannot transfer knowledge through hypnosis. There have been so many experiments with so many hypnotists.

I mean, logically, if he can hypnotise someone to know the right card, he is sending information to other peoples brains. Which means he can send you thoughts, no?

A simple experiment would be to randomly walk up to him and ask you to send you a number. Both work with the exact same principles, and if he can do one he obviously should be able to do the other. Of course the magician would say no, because "it doesn't work like that," or something along those lines. The real reason is that he doesn't have control over the situation, and cannot perform his illusion.

If you take away the control from any magician, hypnotist (one that claims to be able to do extreme things), or person with esp, they all somehow lose their abilities.

Comment

Some people are predisposed to be able to be hypnotized. When you are actually hypnotized it is just like being drunk, all that leaves are your inhibitions. Many studies have shown that some of the people aren't hypnotized, they just are able to use it as an excuse to act like a dumbass, much like when people drink.
                  I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                  Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

we've talked about that in psych alot. It satrted at a million a while ago and now its up to alot more. I'm not sold on any of it as its less ESP and such things more just taking advantage of loopholes in the brains coding to trick people

Sig thanks to VLS

My BC Iggles. (13-4)

Comment

Originally posted by D4rk 0ne
                      My sister had a hypnotist come to her Senior Grad Night and like 12 people I think were hypnotized. I think it only works on you if you belive it works, because it is all in your head to begin with. It's both real and fake. Nothing is actually real while you're hypnotized, but if you belive it's real, then it seems real and the hypnosis works. My sister told me some really funny stories about what people were doing. The hypnotist told the "victims" that they were supposed to milk a cow, and a couple girls were shying away and saying things like "eww gross don't make me touch that". The people that did "milk the cow" were told to go faster and faster and one guy apparently laid down on his back "under" the "cow" and was just pumping his arms like his life depended on it
                      now that gave me my good laugh for the night

Sig thanks to VLS

My BC Iggles. (13-4)

Comment

Originally posted by FlutiesDropKick
                        we've talked about that in psych alot. It satrted at a million a while ago and now its up to alot more. I'm not sold on any of it as its less ESP and such things more just taking advantage of loopholes in the brains coding to trick people
                        It's not really even tricking people. The reason it works so well with people with extremely vivid imaginations is because they can focus so much on something. They're so sure they're being hypnotized they basically hypnotize themself.

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information