Roger Federer vs. Tiger Woods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roger Federer vs. Tiger Woods

Who currently is the most dominant in there respective sport?

tough question, because its so hard not to say "well tiger has been doing it for so long this well"

I think Roger may have a small step ahead of him "right now", but he will never, never, never, be as dominant in a long period like tiger was and still is

When all is said and done, Tiger will be remembered by more than Roger

Comment

woods. federers a *****

sig by JETS5128

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy
        tough question, because its so hard not to say "well tiger has been doing it for so long this well"

I think Roger may have a small step ahead of him "right now", but he will never, never, never, be as dominant in a long period like tiger was and still is

No, I disagree.

Tiger will be remembered by more people in USA, but tennis is MUCH more of a international sport then Golf, so Federer will be remembered by A LOT more people around the world.

Comment

As of right now, I'd have to say Federer. But Woods has almost won 11 straight. It's close.

Comment

Federer, no question. He beats everyone, the closest to him is Nadal, but he can only really beat him on clay. Rfed makes everything look so easy...

Originally posted by BeansDooma
            who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

Even though Federer has 10 grandslams before 26, on pace to shatter Pete Sampras' 14 career, Woods is not old at all either. He has already made billions from golf, endorsements, everything.
              Dedicated to the chase for back-to-back Superbowl titles. New York Giants for life.

Comment

Originally posted by buckeyes12
                Even though Federer has 10 grandslams before 26, on pace to shatter Pete Sampras' 14 career, Woods is not old at all either. He has already made billions from golf, endorsements, everything.
                money doesnt have anything to do with dominance

Originally posted by BeansDooma
                who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

It's gotta be Federer, everytime he steps on the court it seems like he breaks a record. If he can pull of a French Open he should be able to complete the slam. He just won the Aussie without dropping a set, that's crazy. He's just unreal.

mad props to Tobzilla for the sig

Comment

Federer is the most underrated Pro Athlete in America right now IMO.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Although Woods has the advantage of playing a sport that he can play for longer and has played since he was younger, at the moment it has to be him. He is the most well kknow sports figure in the world, no question.

However, anyone who has seen Federer in the last couple of years knows he is something special. The fact the he can beasically walk any tournement he wants is astounding. He is great at everypart of tennis. His footwork is absolutley amazing, really top class. His positioning, his ground strokes, his volleys, his timing of when to use the approach and go to the net, some of the passes he makes, out of this world. If Federer wasn't playing right now, then you could make a case that the top 15 other players in the world could make the number 1 spot. However, with Federer there, there is no way in hell that he lets go of the number 1 spot. So many talented people are biting at his heels but he always gets the better of them.

Adding to this is that he is just a class person off the field, a true gentlemen who signs nearly every autograph, including an oversigned tennis ball at Wimbledon which he signed for me, makes me belive that in a few years, Rodger Federer will become the most recognisable and most dominent player to play in any sport in the entire world.

Ever.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxV

No, I disagree.

Tiger will be remembered by more people in USA, but tennis is MUCH more of a international sport then Golf, so Federer will be remembered by A LOT more people around the world.
                        how the hell can you say that. people in all nations play golf competitively. its a more known sport and has been around a hell of a lot longer. your thoughts a erroneous on all accounts.

Comment

Originally posted by giantfAn
                          Originally posted by MaxV

No, I disagree.

how the hell can you say that. people in all nations play golf competitively. its a more known sport and has been around a hell of a lot longer. your thoughts a erroneous on all accounts.
                          But think about it. How many major golf tournements can you name? Almost every one can name the four Tennis majors and in these events you have people in all countries playing. Perhaps the most famous golf tournement is the Ryder Cup (Europe FTW 8) ) yet the game is only played between Europe and the USA, not every single nation. Although I don't think his comment is true, your comment is not that much more truthfull.

Comment

Golf is NOT popular in every country. It's only popular in a handfull.

Tennis is played EVERYWHERE.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34
                              Federer is the most underrated Pro Athlete in America right now IMO.
                              How is he underrated? because he has only one ESPN commercial runing right now? are you kidding Federer is adored by the media and everyone else because he is so dominant. But i still dislike him and Tiger for some reason.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                              they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                              Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information