No announcement yet.

The Michael Vick legal discussion thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here we go with idealism instead of common sense again...
    He did these things. That's not even at issue here.
    What the league can act upon is "conduct detrimental to the league." Tell me that Michael Vick has been a good thing for the NFL this week. Tell me that he's been a nonissue for the league this week. Tell me that he has been anything other than the biggest headache the league has endured since, well, ever.

Comment

Goodell CAN'T SUSPEND him right now. Pacman had multiple run - ins with the law and none of them were "dropped" or in Vick's bottle incident, deemed a mistake. Same with Henry, Tank and Jared Allen.

But really, if Goodell suspends Vick right now because of PETA; then basically all he is doing is caving into demands. The whole "conduct policy" is then flawed as Goodell was persuaded by a group to suspend a player. It would be ridiculous and if that .5% chance Vick is innoncent becomes 100%; do you realize the implications that sets?

I was trying to make an analogy, but the only thing that comes close to this if Bud Selig suspends Barry Bonds right now. Bonds may still get charged for tax evasion and if say, Selig just suspends him now and Bonds doesn't get indicted; how bad does this look? People will be pissed, Bonds will be pissed but most importantly, Bonds lawyers may be pissed.

I am willing to bet my left and right nut that Vick is going to be in jail. I do find him innoncent and I find dogfighting HORRIBLY sick. But you can't do it now.
      Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
        No one is on the Vick "bandwagon" atleast what I have come across. I haven't seen anyone defend dog-fighting. The only thing we are defending, is that it is his right to be innocent until proven guilty.
        Vick said sorry to Blank. Why apologize if you're innocent?

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
          For creating a scene? Are you honestly taking his apology as an admission of guilt?

Comment

Originally posted by Philliez01 View Post
            Goodell CAN'T SUSPEND him right now. Pacman had multiple run - ins with the law and none of them were "dropped" or in Vick's bottle incident, deemed a mistake. Same with Henry, Tank and Jared Allen.

But really, if Goodell suspends Vick right now because of PETA; then basically all he is doing is caving into demands. The whole "conduct policy" is then flawed as Goodell was persuaded by a group to suspend a player. It would be ridiculous and if that .5% chance Vick is innoncent becomes 100%; do you realize the implications that sets?

I was trying to make an analogy, but the only thing that comes close to this if Bud Selig suspends Barry Bonds right now. Bonds may still get charged for tax evasion and if say, Selig just suspends him now and Bonds doesn't get indicted; how bad does this look? People will be pissed, Bonds will be pissed but most importantly, Bonds lawyers may be pissed.

I am willing to bet my left and right nut that Vick is going to be in jail. I do find him innoncent and I find dogfighting HORRIBLY sick. But you can't do it now.
            The thing is, Goddell wouldn't be suspending Vick because of what PETA is saying or doing. It would be based off Vick's image being bad for the league. What PETA is saying or doing is a side issue.

Comment

Not saying I think he's innocent, but he could just be apologizing for all the negative publicity. I don't see that as an admission of guilt at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Scar View Post
                Here we go with idealism instead of common sense again...
                He did these things. That's not even at issue here.
                What the league can act upon is "conduct detrimental to the league." Tell me that Michael Vick has been a good thing for the NFL this week. Tell me that he's been a nonissue for the league this week. Tell me that he has been anything other than the biggest headache the league has endured since, well, ever.

For all you know Michael Vick's lawyers could have the best defense we have ever heard, and he gets off. Does it seem like he's guilty? Hell yes. Do you think Vick is going to hire some jerk-off lawyer or a top notch one? He could still be proven innocent.

He's not been good for the NFL this last week, but you can't seem to understand how much worse it would be for the NFL if he is found innocent and they had already suspended him.

Comment

Precisely. Even by if some freak chance, he had no knowledge of what was going on at his property, his associations have brought intense scrunity to himself, his team, and the league. That alone is "conduct detrimental."

Comment

The thing is, Goddell wouldn't be suspending Vick because of what PETA is saying or doing. It would be based off Vick's image being bad for the league. What PETA is saying or doing is a side issue.
                    They should suspend Terrell Owens for his image too.

Comment

Originally posted by Scar View Post
                      Precisely. Even by if some freak chance, he had no knowledge of what was going on at his property, his associations have brought intense scrunity to himself, his team, and the league. That alone is "conduct detrimental."
                      LOL. Now we're suspending a guy because of the people he associates with? You should read the constitution...

Comment

Originally posted by duckseason View Post
                        Not saying I think he's innocent, but he could just be apologizing for all the negative publicity. I don't see that as an admission of guilt at all.
                        pacman was suspended for creating negative publicity moreso than anything he was actually convicted of, so why can't vick be suspended for the same thing?

Comment

Touche'.

But someone argued about why Vick should be suspended and threw out PETA's protests. If Goodell suspended Vick wouldn't some think that PETA's protests were somewhat linked to it?

I do think that Vick's image is ruining the league, but I am really curious to see what would've went down if Ray Lewis' whole murder case occured with Goodell in office. It's a wait - and - see thing, I feel. I do think that Goodell has a case of suspending Vick because of image, but if Vick is found innocent; what happens?

BTW, what happened to Boddie? Wasn't he the "cousin"?
                          Is that a rash?

Comment

Originally posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
                            pacman was suspended for creating negative publicity moreso than anything he was actually convicted of, so why can't vick be suspended for the same thing?
                            Pacman was in trouble with the law and it was proven...

Comment

Originally posted by duckseason View Post

I never did understand why that's the first conclusion people jumped to.

Here is the quote from Len Pasquarelli's article on Vick apologizing.

None of the sources knew or would divulge the exact wording of what is said to have been a fairly brief conversation. But Vick, who was said by one associate to have been "devastated" by the indictment, is believed to have been contrite, apologized for the distractions the case has created, and thanked Blank for his support.

Comment

Originally posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
                                How many incidents did Pacman have? How many did Chris Henry have? Vick had one as Bottlegate was deemed a mistake or just a "precautionary" thing. The only legal problem I saw with Vick is an illegal sticker on a boat.
                                Is that a rash?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information