The Michael Vick legal discussion thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
    The thing is, Goddell wouldn't be suspending Vick because of what PETA is saying or doing. It would be based off Vick's image being bad for the league. What PETA is saying or doing is a side issue.
    Does PETA not magnify that bad image?

Comment

Originally posted by Moses View Post
      Pacman was in trouble with the law and it was proven...
      then why doesnt the league say thats why he was suspended, as oppossed to "multiple run-ins with the law"

Comment

Originally posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
        then why doesnt the league say thats why he was suspended, as oppossed to "multiple run-ins with the law"
        I'm guessing they warned him after his first incident that he was proven guilty. They probably said if you continue getting involved in incidents, you'll be suspended. Then he got into all those other incidents...

Comment

Originally posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
          pacman was suspended for creating negative publicity moreso than anything he was actually convicted of, so why can't vick be suspended for the same thing?
          I think you quoted the wrong person. I merely stated that Vick's apology to Blank shouldn't be received as an admission of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by duckseason View Post
            I think you quoted the wrong person. I merely stated that Vick's apology to Blank shouldn't be received as an admission of guilt.
            yea my bad

Comment

For creating a scene? Are you honestly taking his apology as an admission of guilt?
              Yeah, he created a scene. What scene do you think that is? Do you think he's apologizing because his name is involved in false allegations? Get real. He is guilty. That's what he's sorry about.

Comment

Yeah, he created a scene. What scene do you think that is? Do you think he's apologizing because his name is involved in false allegations? Get real. He is guilty. That's what he's sorry about.

I'll post it again. From the article where we all found out he apologized from.

None of the sources knew or would divulge the exact wording of what is said to have been a fairly brief conversation. But Vick, who was said by one associate to have been "devastated" by the indictment, is believed to have been contrite, apologized for the distractions the case has created, and thanked Blank for his support.

Comment

LOL. Now we're suspending a guy because of the people he associates with? You should read the constitution...
                  Again with the idealism in lieu of logical thought. He's dead to rights on abetting felons and criminal negligence in his dream scenario. Conduct detrimental. There's no harm whatsoever in the league suspending him.

Comment

He apologized about the distractions the case was creating. Wouldn't you do the same if you wanted to keep your job in a situation like this?

Stop pretending you're some all-knowing power and realize that you don't know that Vick is guilty.

Comment

Originally posted by Scar View Post
                      Again with the idealism in lieu of logical thought. He's dead to rights on abetting felons and criminal negligence in his dream scenario. Conduct detrimental. There's no harm whatsoever in the league suspending him.
                      If I grow drugs in my rented house is my landlord going to get locked up for "abetting felons"?

Freedom of association is a right.

Comment

They should suspend Terrell Owens for his image too.
                        When did TO break the law? TO brings positive drama to the league. They and the media live for his next move.

Comment

When did TO break the law? TO brings positive drama to the league. They and the media live for his next move.
                          It has not been proven that Vick has broken the law. That's the whole point.

Comment

If I grow drugs in my rented house is my landlord going to get locked up for "abetting felons"?
                            The key word there is rented. The tenent/landlord relationship is not even close to letting a bunch of guys sleep on your couch while committing felonies in your backyard.

Comment

Originally posted by Scar View Post
                              The key word there is rented. The tenent/landlord relationship is not even close to letting a bunch of guys sleep on your couch while committing felonies in your backyard.
                              How? Because no money is exchanged? Vick didn't even live there.

Comment

He apologized about the distractions the case was creating. Wouldn't you do the same if you wanted to keep your job in a situation like this?

Stop pretending you're some all-knowing power and realize that you don't know that Vick is guilty.
                                If I think Vick is guilty, that puts me in the majority, buddy. Are we all pretending to be some all knowing power? NO. It's simple common sense. The Feds have all the evidence they need to convict him otherwise they wouldn't have put together this 19 page indictment. I think it's crazy for anyone to think he had no part in this.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information