Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am starting to loose my respect for ESPN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I am starting to loose my respect for ESPN

    i dont know why ESPN is doing this but the are going down, and if anyone was watching the whole David Beckham Chelsea game on ESPN you might have been thought you were watching the E channel. Also the Who's Now is just a stupid way to bring Hollywood actors who dont know sh*t to talk about sports. They have dumb basketball commentators becoming their boxing experts and all of the sudden expert legal analyzers (i think you know who I am talking about and if you dont then quite frankly your stupid). What ever happened to the old ESPN because this new one sure sucks.

    former #1 in post count on this site
    first to 500 posts

  • #2
    Originally posted by TCU View Post
    i dont know why ESPN is doing this but the are going down, and if anyone was watching the whole David Beckham Chelsea game on ESPN you might have been thought you were watching the E channel. Also the Who's Now is just a stupid way to bring Hollywood actors who dont know sh*t to talk about sports. They have dumb basketball commentators becoming their boxing experts and all of the sudden expert legal analyzers (i think you know who I am talking about and if you dont then quite frankly your stupid). What ever happened to the old ESPN because this new one sure sucks.
    Thank You, I hope their NFL segments can stay decent



    Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

    Comment


    • #3
      i can deal with the beckham thing because it's a big event for the sport and it's in LA. who's now is probably the worst thing i've seen on ESPN since Len Pasquarelli's hair.

      Comment


      • #4
        EDIT: NVM read it wrong

        Comment


        • #5
          Yeah, it's bothering me, too.


          http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
            Are You Calling The Great Bill Walton Dumb!
            no im calling this man dumb


            former #1 in post count on this site
            first to 500 posts

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by TCU View Post
              no im calling this man dumb

              Yeah I read what you said wrong at first and edited it before you posted this picture.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
                Yeah I read what you said wrong at first and edited it before you posted this picture.
                yeah i noticed that after i posted that, i wish there was still the delete post feature.

                former #1 in post count on this site
                first to 500 posts

                Comment


                • #9
                  Whose now started sucking when Roger Federer and Michael Phelps lost in round 1.
                  Virginia Tech.
                  ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

                  Next Up: 2012

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I begrudgingly watch ESPN when I want to see Brewers highlights, but other than that, it's hard to sit through an entire segment. It makes me want to loose my mind.

                    Hitman D

                    "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                      Whose now started sucking when Roger Federer and Michael Phelps lost in round 1.
                      Agreed, that stupid little segment is BS because it incorporates an athletes off-field "status" instead of just deciding on who's the best athlete.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by TCU View Post
                        i dont know why ESPN is doing this but the are going down, and if anyone was watching the whole David Beckham Chelsea game on ESPN you might have been thought you were watching the E channel. Also the Who's Now is just a stupid way to bring Hollywood actors who dont know sh*t to talk about sports. They have dumb basketball commentators becoming their boxing experts and all of the sudden expert legal analyzers (i think you know who I am talking about and if you dont then quite frankly your stupid). What ever happened to the old ESPN because this new one sure sucks.

                        I agree old ESPN (Sportscenter) is way better but i still watch it everyday and whos now is just a segment to eat up time and its dumb

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Stash View Post
                          Agreed, that stupid little segment is BS because it incorporates an athletes off-field "status" instead of just deciding on who's the best athlete.
                          Seriously, Federer loses to Parker, Crosby loses to Jeter, Ronaldinho to Kobe, it's just a popularity contest and it has nothing to do with determining the best athelete.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            The only thing ESPN is good for is PTI. Kornheiser and Wilbon are the only people on that entire damn channel worth watching.

                            The fact that Woody Paige and Skip Bayless were able to even get a job made me lose any sort of respect I could have possibly had a long time ago.
                            I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                            Hunter S. Thompson

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Federer to Parker was rediculous.

                              Crosby should be above Jeter, due to the fact that Crosby is probably the best player in the NHL while Jeter, while great, isn't top 10 in the MLB.

                              Ronaldino to Kobe is debatable. Both are argueably the best in their respective sports. Ronaldino just makes people look silly and Kobe is all NBA defense and can score from anywhere.

                              I think Phelps should have beaten Shaq as well. He is as dominant as anyone in the world and is probably in his prime. Shaq is on the downside and has been for a while.
                              Virginia Tech.
                              ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

                              Next Up: 2012

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information