No announcement yet.

I am starting to loose my respect for ESPN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is only two things in Bristol, Conn, Steers and queers. And I don't see many steers.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
    they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
    Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by BrownsTown View Post
      Seriously, Federer loses to Parker, Crosby loses to Jeter, Ronaldinho to Kobe, it's just a popularity contest and it has nothing to do with determining the best athelete.
      Isn't Who's Now counting off the field stuff too though? I mean Parker's got the hot wife thing going on and he just won the Finals MVP. I know Federer won Wimbledon, but in the U.S the NBA is bigger than tennis. Crosby, while I'm a huge fan, doesn't have the same endorsements going on in the U.S as Jeter does even though he's better in his sport. Ronaldinho had no business losing to Kobe, but the other two I can understand, though I would have gone the other way.

Comment

Originally posted by someone447 View Post
        The only thing ESPN is good for is PTI. Kornheiser and Wilbon are the only people on that entire damn channel worth watching.

The fact that Woody Paige and Skip Bayless were able to even get a job made me lose any sort of respect I could have possibly had a long time ago.
        Same with Mariotti, I hate watching Around the horn when he is on because he think he is a now it all and just annoying. I really dont watch sportcenter that much anymore instead i watch ESPN news channel which is highlight after highlight pretty much and not the Who's Now thing or other things.

Also, If the Who's Now thing was truly international the 2 soccer stars in the competition would have been in the final(Beckham vs Ronaldinho) because Soccer is with out a doubt the most popular sport in the world. Then again even Federer could have been in the final because of his status around the world.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

Originally posted by The Dynasty View Post
          Same with Mariotti
          Ozzie Guillen got something right.

Comment

The only good things that come from espn are PTI, and their commercials.

Comment

Originally posted by someone447 View Post
              The only thing ESPN is good for is PTI. Kornheiser and Wilbon are the only people on that entire damn channel worth watching.

The fact that Woody Paige and Skip Bayless were able to even get a job made me lose any sort of respect I could have possibly had a long time ago.
              well i like woody, but not skip, PTI i great and I still like the Swami and the other NFL guys, except light bulb head

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                Thank You, I hope their NFL segments can stay decent
                You think the NFL segment is decent? Merill Hoge, Sean Salsbury, Mike Golic, Michael Irvin, Keyshawn, and Mark Schlerith beg to differ (sorry about the spellings on the names).

Comment

Originally posted by Stash View Post
                  Agreed, that stupid little segment is BS because it incorporates an athletes off-field "status" instead of just deciding on who's the best athlete.
                  Even if it is based on off field status the whole thing is still BS...Beckham, the most recognized player in the world's most recognized sport got a 7 seed and lost his matchup...

Comment

Originally posted by pierce2walker View Post
                    You think the NFL segment is decent? Merill Hoge, Sean Salsbury, Mike Golic, Michael Irvin, Keyshawn, and Mark Schlerith beg to differ (sorry about the spellings on the names).
                    I said decent, and Chris Berman is still good IMO

Comment

Yea Berman and Tom Jackson are still great and a great combo...but the other "expert analysts" just ruin it...I personally cannot bear watching them...the only time I can watch is when Jackson and Berman are on...they are great together...but other then that I cant stand it

Comment

Berman gets so annoying some times. Merril Hoge is a joke. Remember his thing against VY? Massive tool. I can tolerate Schlereth and Keyshawn wasn't all that bad at the Draft, but I'll wait till he's on more before passing full judgment.

Comment

I watch SportsCenter everyday, so I have little room to talk. However, I do think some of the stuff they do is a bit ridiculous.

by BoneKrusher
                          <DG> how metal unseen
                          <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Yeah, I watched a little bit of the Beckham game tonight.. One of the commentators asked one of the others "Do we have a team in Minnesota?"

Uh.. yeah...I don't know what ESPN is on lately..

Comment

I have very litte respect for ESPN. They rarely ever talk about the Bills, and if they do, they only bash them. They barely talk about hockey. I remember one time, they were saying something about the all-time points leader, and they couldn't even get that right. They said it was Mark Messier (1887 points). Gretzky is the all-time points leader, with 2857

Originally Posted by scottyboy
                              my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                              But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                                Yeah, I watched a little bit of the Beckham game tonight.. One of the commentators asked one of the others "Do we have a team in Minnesota?"

Uh.. yeah...I don't know what ESPN is on lately..
                                Are they gonna show soccer games on a regular basis now? If they do I'll be pissed.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information