The Burning Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Burning Question

I'm sure this has already been a thread before, but quite frankly I'm too lazy to look for it.

When the NextGen systems first were announced I decided I wouldn't buy one because I was happy with the PS2 I had. After playing games like NBA 2K7 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance on my friends PS3 I started to want one more and more. Then I played NCAA 2008 on PS3. Holy god it's amazing. Like, I can't stop thinking about how awesome it is. I don't fantazise about women anymore. Just saving replays and calling fake recruits. I need this game and I need it on a NextGen system. Every other game I've played on PS3 then tried on PS2 I've hated because it just wasn't near as good. It was like going from Hilary Duff to Haylie Duff.

So the question is: Which system should I buy? The Wii is out right off the bat because I hate moving. I've always been a Playstation guy, but it's 500$ where as the 360 is only 300$. Is there much of a difference between games on 360 and PS3? Is PS3 worth the extra 200$? I feel like I would be betraying my Playstation roots by crossing over to the dark side, but no loyalty is worth 200 bucks! Please, people of NFLDC, help me with this decision.

Originally posted by snuff
    Yeah, good joke. Awesome.

I am debating the same question, I have like 20-30 PS2 video games and I dont feel like buy 360 and having all those games just sit there, so I will probably get a PS3 next. But that is just me because I have a lot of PS2 games.

Comment

Stay loyal and go with PS3

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

PS3. I have PS3 and i like it alot. I never played XBOX 360 much so i cant really compare the 2 but i know 1 thing there controllers are big and goofy i like PS3's alot more.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

PS3 whenever the price drops.....again

Comment

Never played PS3, but I do love my 360

Comment

to get an 360 or an Elite to perform like a ps3 you need to buy the HD DVD drive and that alone is 200 dollars which makes it an even price to the ps3. Also you need to buy a headset, one year of live, hard drive, and wifi which the ps3 all has for free. In the end your making a better investment by buying a ps3 and saving more.
              Last edited by PACKmanN; 07-22-2007, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                to get an 360 or an Elite to perform like a ps3 you need to buy the HD DVD drive and that alone is 200 dollars which makes it an even price to the ps3. Also you need to buy a headset, one year of live, hard drive, and wifi which the ps3 all has for free. In the end your making a better investment by buying a ps3 and saving more.
                Wow. Where to start... You can buy everything you just said for 450 dollars. As for the "The PS3 is so powerful" garbage, that's great, maybe it'd be greater if it was reflected by the quality of games when compared to the PS3 and 360. And don't even try and joke about PS3 internet, online, being anywhere near as good as live.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                  Where do you get this idea? All of those things you mentioned come with the Elite system. I don't know anyone who buys the Core, anyway. Plus the Elite comes with a sleek black finish and pretty much everything else in black.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/compare101.htm

Get the 360!

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

The games you say you like (Marvel, NBA 2K7, NCAA 08) are all available on 360 and work just as well as the PS3 versions. I'd go with the the 360 simply because it's cheaper. Although if it were me, I would wait for a price drop on the 360. I guarantee one comes by the end of the year, if not earlier.

Xbox Live Gamertag: DocSteel92
                    Rest in peace, Randy Pausch.

Comment

Buying the 300 dollar 360 is a waste of money.

So your going to be debating between the 400 dollars 360 and the 500 (if you can find which I am sure you easily can) PS3.

If sports games are the only games you play, then I would give the edge to the 360 based soley on the fact it will save you 100 dollars. However, it is almost a guarantee that you will have to send your 360 in for repairs eventually, which is covered by a 3 year warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by Steelers4Life View Post
                        The games you say you like (Marvel, NBA 2K7, NCAA 08) are all available on 360 and work just as well as the PS3 versions. I'd go with the the 360 simply because it's cheaper. Although if it were me, I would wait for a price drop on the 360. I guarantee one comes by the end of the year, if not earlier.
                        Clearly he can't wait...all he can think about is the awesomeness of the next-gen systems.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                          Clearly he can't wait...all he can think about is the awesomeness of the next-gen systems.
                          Originally posted by Steelers4Life View Post
                          And just bringing up the price drop factor as well; he may not know.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexDown View Post
                            Buying the 300 dollar 360 is a waste of money.

So your going to be debating between the 400 dollars 360 and the 500 (if you can find which I am sure you easily can) PS3.

If sports games are the only games you play, then I would give the edge to the 360 based soley on the fact it will save you 100 dollars. However, it is almost a guarantee that you will have to send your 360 in for repairs eventually, which is covered by a 3 year warranty.
                            I would hardly call 30 percent a guarantee.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Boston View Post
                              I would hardly call 30 percent a guarantee.
                              It's probably even lower than THAT, since the new 360s they're manufacturing have heatsinks and new DVD drives.

You just have to not be dumb and put your 360 directly onto a carpet.

I've had my system since launch, and, like most of my friends, haven't had one problem.
                              Last edited by S4L; 07-22-2007, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information