Steroid Use In Golf

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steroid Use In Golf

I saw a report on Sports Center where some dude is talking about Steroid use in golf....its gettin rediculous who cares about that golf isn't about power, and to quote one of the analysts i forget which one "Golf is a skill, not a sport." that made me happy.

It was Gary Player that said this stuff

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Gary Player is an idiot. He's just trying to start crap.

Comment

Thanks i've been wondering I was kinda listening instead of watching, but really whats next? Steroids in a hot dog eating contest?

Comment

Originally posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno View Post
          Gary Player is an idiot. He's just trying to start crap.
          Plus steriods really couldn't help someone in golf. They're not going to help you hit it straight or line up a putt

Comment

I mean golf is a valid sport due to the skill it takes to play..but it's not about power so what exactly does taking steroids do for you in golf?

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
              Plus steriods really couldn't help someone in golf. They're not going to help you hit it straight or line up a putt
              I'd say steroids could certainly help you. No, they won't make you a great golfer if you have no skills, but it can't hurt anyone to add 20 yards on a drive.

Comment

I could say that steroids doesn't help a hitter in baseball with his hand-eye coordination, either.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                  I could say that steroids doesn't help a hitter in baseball with his hand-eye coordination, either.
                  It'll help you hit it further when you make contact. Plus, in baseball as long as you hit in between the lines that's great, but in golf you have to hit the ball in the fairway or on the green. You have to aviod the rough, bunkers, and water hazards

Comment

That is true too but I mean they got a lil kid hitting golf balls like a pro and your not gonna tell me he has the muscle mass of an adult he relies on his skills to carry the ball...

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                      It'll help you hit it further when you make contact. Plus, in baseball as long as you hit in between the lines that's great, but in golf you have to hit the ball in the fairway or on the green. You have to aviod the rough, bunkers, and water hazards
                      I think the key is... for the most part steroids alone won't make a great athlete in any sport, but they will make an athlete better.

Comment

Exactly, steriods obviously can help golfers and give the edge to a golfer that uses it over one that doesn't. He could hit the ball further, with every hit.

Comment

How many of the far hitters in golf like Bubba Watson ever win a major????? Very few......Angel Cabrera won the US Open but thats an exception not the rule.

Comment

I think most people have this misconception that steroids in a finesse sport is pointless, as in golf. But there are power elements in those games that make steroids tempting for a player who is on the brink of being great. Most of these pros can make a 15ft birdie putt, play with the wind,make it on the fairway and so forth, so if you add the element of steroid and it's effect, how wouldn't affect the game?

Comment

That has nothing to do with what we are talking about. So what that power hitters don't suceed. It gives you an advantage, it's obvious that it helps you, just like in baseball it only helps you hit the ball harder. If Tiger juiced up and could drive the ball further than no doubt he'd be a better player, like if anyone did that.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information