No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most people think I'm lying about being a virgin because I prefer jumbo tampons, but I can't help it if I have a heavy flow and a wide-set vagina!
    Ha

Tim Meadows was great in it too.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxV View Post
      I've rented "Apocalypse Now" and "Blade Runner". I've heard great things about these 2 movies, but have never seen them.
      blade runner is good, the director's cut is a much better version of it. cinematography goldmine.

Comment

• I am watching Lesbian Vampire Killers and it is amazing. Sooooo many hot chicks. If you like those horror comedies, a la Shaun of the Dead, this is pure gold.

Also, I watched Mr and Mrs Smith today. It was better then I thought, surprisingly. Very over the top, but it had a good cast and a great premise. Could of been better, but meh.
        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
        The APS is strong in this one.
        Originally posted by killxswitch
        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• First Alice in Wonderland photos look crazy.

http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/06/21/...-do-you-think/

Comment

• Went to see The Brothers Bloom today.
            Definitely a good, fun movie. Not amazing, but easily likable. More good work from Johnson.
            Rachel Weisz, marry me.
            Also saw "Coming Soon" posters for Away We Go and Moon. Awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
              First Alice in Wonderland photos look crazy.

http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/06/21/...-do-you-think/

Ah, seems like anyone on acid will be just losing their minds

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
              Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

• Lesbian Vampire Killers was pretty funny. Watching Catch Me If You Can now.
                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                  What do you mean actually? Did you expect it to suck or something?
                  I don't know. I just don't watch cartoons anymore really so I didn't know if I'd like something animated. I even liked the animated short at the beginning.
                  Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• I also saw The Hangover later in my day of too much sitting. Very funny, indeed, but I get the feeling I didn't love it as much as most others. Ah well.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxV View Post
                      I've rented "Apocalypse Now" and "Blade Runner". I've heard great things about these 2 movies, but have never seen them.
                      Blade Runner is not in the same league as Apocalypse Now. Blade Runner is good, but Apocalypse Now is a masterpiece. If you enjoy Apocalypse, I recommend you see Hearts of Darkness, the documentary about the making of the film, which offers phenomenal insight into the film. Also, read the novella Heart of Darkness.

Comment

• Will people stop giving Tim Burton projects. His style is ******, his movies are ******, HE IS A ****** DIRECTOR.

Sweeney Todd was boring and lame and pointless and Willy Wonka was an abortion of my treasured childhood memories.

JUST STOP BURTON YOU FREAK OR I'LL KILL YOU.... I'LL KILL ALL OF YOU

Comment

• Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                          Will people stop giving Tim Burton projects. His style is ******, his movies are ******, HE IS A ****** DIRECTOR.

Sweeney Todd was boring and lame and pointless and Willy Wonka was an abortion of my treasured childhood memories.

Easy Now....

Comment

• Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                            Will people stop giving Tim Burton projects. His style is ******, his movies are ******, HE IS A ****** DIRECTOR.

I quite enjoy Tim Burton. I like the fact that he has a distinct style. When I pop in a Burton movie, you can tell its a Burton movie. There is a very unique style to his films, and I applaud him for being an auteur.

In fact, I watched Big Fish like 2 nights ago, and it is just as good as ever. Billy Crudup is the ******* man.

Comment

• Well, he did make arguably (yes still arguably AFTER TDK) the best Batman movie ever. Also Nightmare Before Christmas kicked ass too

Also, Beetle Juice ftw.

Comment

• I'll admit I loved mars attacks and I liked his two batman movies.

The thing is though, his great ideas that he used to have are now trying to make everything washed out and altered to the point that it looks like he's trying to be edgy for the sake of it.

It's like he's stopped trying and is instead using the same tired formula as he's been using the last two three movies and it's old. All the while he's been killing movies and stories that were originally, brilliant.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information