X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Breakfast Club rocks.

That is all.

Comment

• WND, remember when we were friends and you came on IRC? Whatever happened to those days...

Anyways, a movie I watched a while back and recommended to all, The Hurt Locker, is absolutely blowing up its reviews. I told people it was the next Jarhead, and it certainly is. Its a great war movie that has tons of tension and great acting. Go watch it now.
      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
      The APS is strong in this one.
      Originally posted by killxswitch
      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• I'm going to see Moon again tonight ^_^

Comment

• I saw it was getting good reviews on rottentomatoes...and I thought of APS.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
          KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
            WND, remember when we were friends and you came on IRC? Whatever happened to those days...
            You have friends?

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
              You have friends?
              I thought we were friends :(
              Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
              The APS is strong in this one.
              Originally posted by killxswitch
              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
                I'm going to see Moon again tonight ^_^
                I'm a jealous panda. ha. I cant find a theatre in my area that is playing it. (it would have to be somewhere in NY, blah) The marketing for the movie was terrible. It could have done fairly well in theatres and yet since they decided to push it in limited release...it's made like $400,000. Yeah, that's not good.
                Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 06-23-2009, 08:03 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                  Blade Runner Director's Cut is cinematic scifi excellence, definitely top 5 material, instant classic. Harrison Ford & Sean Young got all the raves, but that supporting cast was the best ever, Rutger Hauer, Joanna Cassidy, M. Emmet Walsh, Edward James Olmos, all perfect in their roles. at least a 4-star **** film. Yes keylime it's well known for its CG future LA setting cinematography -- it's a p/o standard scifi discourse now to ref the Bladerunner Landscape.

I'd put the "ultimate" Director's Cut of Starship Troopers in the same category, Verhoeven cut some entire chapters from Heinlein's novel on to the cutting room floor, & some ps/o the novel (where were the Skinnies?) never made it on the videotape at all. Maybe Denise Richards' 1st onscreen nudity exposure cut from it too (see the shower scene), you never know, Troopers predates her in Wild Things.
                  I'm out of rep, but I owe you for that post.

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                  The new Indiana Jones sucks. The Original trilogy was awesome. Also prepare for CJ to smash you for dissing Han Solo

No one disses Han Solo. For the record, he shot first.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

I thought we were friends :(
                    Get a better avatar and I will accept you more.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• It had a budget of like 15 bucks. If anything DVD sales could recoup most of that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
                        It had a budget of like 15 bucks. If anything DVD sales could recoup most of that.
                        Still there was no reason not to have a wider release. The trailer never even debuted on television and it's a fantastic trailer. It certainly would have made a lot of money opposed to how much it was made for. Some have described it as castaway in space. Granted there may not be enough action for a casual viewer but, the love of film is ever growing. This movie would have held up just fine in a wider release, imo. Sony should have been a little more ballsy on this one.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

It seems like you have had limited exposure to Burton. Personally, I think its his lesser known projects which are better. Big Fish and Ed Wood are my favorite films of his, although I do love Nightmare Before Christmas as well. I am eagerly anticipating Frankenweenie.
                          I did really like Big Fish, I just forgot it. But I didn't mean to say I think Burton sucks (if I did, I misspoke), just that the movies I've seen that he has done, like those mentioned, weren't that good. I didn't think the Batman's were terrible, but they weren't great either, imo. I know it's a comic book, but the movies were too outlandish and didn't seem like very well told stories.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                            Still there was no reason not to have a wider release. The trailer never even debuted on television and it's a fantastic trailer. It certainly would have made a lot of money opposed to how much it was made for. Some have described it as castaway in space. Granted there may not be enough action for a casual viewer but, the love of film is ever growing. This movie would have held up just fine in a wider release, imo. Sony should have been a little more ballsy on this one.
                            Oh I'm with you. I would love to see these type of movies get more promotion and attention. But I'm so used to waiting for the DVD's, while all my local theaters run Paul Blart and Dance Flick on two screens.

Comment

Indiana Jones>>>You.
                              Is this an internet putdown?

Kind of like that internet jargon so commonly used amongst people who post on message boards far too often than normal? Epic (usually all caps) or fail (Usually all caps, but sometimes combined for 'epic fail') or awesomeness (rarely all caps)?

Are there any more IPs (Internet putdowns... I made that up myself) I should know about so I wont get "offended?"

I apologize for not watching the movie as a child and not liking Indiana Jones as an adult seeing as it's not aimed at the 20-something, testosterone driven male that is more appreciative of vulgarity and realism than some dude with a whip running around jumping on things, or jumping off things, or jumping out of the way of oncoming things. I don't like Little Giants anymore... not that I've watched it in years. Guess what? I also don't like Pixar movies... since they're for little kids. If thats your thing then thats that your thing, but it shouldn't be shocking to hear someone bash those crappy movies. I don't know anyone who would want to watch Indiana Jones if I asked them. They would tell me to grow up. Thats just where I'm from though. May be a different reaction in your neck of the woods.
                              Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
                              Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
                              I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
                              Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                              iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
                              Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
                              I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
                              Originally posted by GoRavens
                              Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Comment

• You have to be a parody.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information