No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I heard tranformers is a waste of time any truth in that?

Comment

• I will watch it eventually for Megan Fox, but I will not pay a cent to see it. **** you Michael Bay.
      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
      The APS is strong in this one.
      Originally posted by killxswitch
      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
        I heard tranformers is a waste of time any truth in that?
        YES YES YES! I enjoyed the first one and was hoping the second would be a cool action summer flick, but my god it literally has no plot, its the same movie, and err I could just go on with everything I hated but im tired of ranting about it haha.

Originally posted by WMD
        Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
        Originally posted by gpngc
        I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

I heard tranformers is a waste of time any truth in that?
          Only one reason to see that movie.

Comment

• Can someone tell me why The Last Airbender (what, no Avatar?) movie has been directed by M NIGHT F'N SHYAMALAN?!?!?!?!?

WHY?????????

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
              YES YES YES! I enjoyed the first one and was hoping the second would be a cool action summer flick, but my god it literally has no plot, its the same movie, and err I could just go on with everything I hated but im tired of ranting about it haha.
              i thought i was getting old and just tired of the loud, too much going on action scenes. Didn't really enjoy the "transforming" all up close and loud anymore either.

Comment

• I saw it. I'll write something about it in the mornin mostly why it shouldn't be called tranformers, and should be called America **** Yea.

Comment

I saw it. I'll write something about it in the mornin mostly why it shouldn't be called tranformers, and should be called America **** Yea.
                  I remember raising an eyebrow at the trailer where one shot just shows them knocking over an American flag. Those damn evil-doin' Decepticons!

Comment

I saw it. I'll write something about it in the mornin mostly why it shouldn't be called tranformers, and should be called America **** Yea.
                    aha good point. what with the

by BoneKrusher
                    <DG> how metal unseen
                    <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• I loved that how in Transformers the Autobots needed the permission of the president of the United States in order to stay on earth.

Comment

• saw trasformers in imax. it made evreything more bareable

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
                          I loved that how in Transformers the Autobots needed the permission of the president of the United States in order to stay on earth.
                          Those mofos should be running the ****. Optimus is morally incorruptible! And if they wanted to, there is really nothing the humans could do to stop them!
                          Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by dabears10 View Post
                            Before the Devil Knows You're Dead.

None of my coworkers knew who Sidney Lumet was today. Also, it's his birthday today.
                            RIP Sydney (Pollack, not) Lumet, one of the best-ever directors. He worked as an actor in his last yrs. playing several character actor bit parts, like Dustin Hoffman's agent in Tootsie, the crooked Wall St. atty. in Changing Lanes & Tom Cruise's atty. who warned him about keeping his mouth shut about the costumed orgy (later lots of cuts for nudity, although Kubrick's earlier had drawn X ratings) in Eyes Wide Shut for Pollack's close friend Kubrick.

About Eyes Wide Shut, Kubrick died with the film unfinished, then Cruise & Kidman got control of it & that was a bad thing -- they transformed what was becoming good if not great murder mystery into the piece of crap it is. Kubrick was a master at building suspense & incpoirating it into the resolution for full dramatic effect like Hitchcock, you saw that in Full Metal Jacket, Clockwork Orange, etc. The released version of EWS diluted that dramatic effect when finally edited by Cruise & Kidman, 2 of the worst narcissists in Hollywood IMO.
                            Last edited by LizardState; 06-26-2009, 01:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                              About Eyes Wide Shut, Kubrick died with the film unfinished, then Cruise & Kidman got control of it & that was a bad thing -- they transformed what was becoming good if not great murder mystery into the piece of crap it is. Kubrick was a master at building suspense & incpoirating it into the resolution for full dramatic effect like Hitchcock, you saw that in Full Metal Jacket, Clockwork Orange, etc. The released version of EWS diluted that dramatic effect when finally edited by Cruise & Kidman, 2 of the worst narcissists in Hollywood IMO.
                              That's not true. Kubrick died a few days after the screening of the final cut.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                                RIP Sidney Lumet, one of the best-ever directors. He worked as an actor in his last yrs. playing several character actor bit parts, like Dustin Hoffman's agent in Tootsie, the crooked Wall St. atty. in Changing Lanes & Tom Cruise's atty. who warned him about keeping his mouth shut about the costumed orgy in Eyes Wide Shut for his close friend Kubrick. Hope that provides a mental image of him for those who don't remember him.

Ummm Sidney Lumet isnt dead. He just had his 85th birthday like last week, but he is certainly still alive. He has a movie in production right now lol.

And The Hurt Locker is at 98% on Rottentomatoes. Go now!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information