Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by B-Dawk View Post
    hahahahaha

Why can only a Prime kill the Fallen? Why can Jetfire teleport? Why can the Fallen wave a staff and make **** fly around? Why do actual cars and Autobots get sucked into Devastator's maw, but John Turturro and that other kid can run around?

Because... because **** YOU, that's why.

by BoneKrusher
    <DG> how metal unseen
    <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• http://www.reuters.com/article/filmN...55P17220090626
      "Old Boy" proceeds despite legal scuffle

TOKYO/SEOUL (Hollywood Reporter) - Steven Spielberg and Will Smith are moving forward with plans for a remake of "Old Boy" despite a complex, behind-the-scenes rights wrangle involving the Japanese publishers of the original manga and the Korean producers of Park Chan-Wook's 2003 cult hit.

Futabasha, publisher of the manga by Nobuaki Minegishi and Garon Tsuchiya, has filed a case against Show East in Seoul, alleging the Korean company never had the right to negotiate a remake.

The issue is further complicated by the fact that Show East has shut down and its CEO, Kim Dong-Ju, has disappeared. Big Egg, a co-producer of the ultra-violent revenge flick, has also closed up shop, and its former staffers are unreachable.

"We haven't been able to confirm that Show East is bankrupt, and at this stage we're not sure what effect this will have on the legal case," said a spokesperson from Futabasha in Tokyo, who noted that legal proceedings had begun last week.

South Korean sales company Cineclick Asia, which represented Show East's "Oldboy" in international territories, actually negotiated the remake deal with Universal.

Universal brought in Roy Lee's Vertigo Entertainment, which has made a specialty of Asian film remakes, to produce the picture, and then Mandate acquired the rights from Universal.

DreamWorks, in one of its first moves in the wake of its November separation from Paramount, secured remake rights from Mandate, which remains involved in the project.

DreamWorks had no comment on the dispute between Futubasha and Show East.
      Please let it get cancelled!

Comment

• Originally posted by hobbes2053 View Post
        but NBK is hilariously awesome; therefore, you are wrong.

Has anyone seen Jackie Brown? I have many times and I love it quite a bit. I'm only asking because it seems that nobody I know knows anything about this movie, which is mindblowing considering Tarantino's popularity. Personally, I think it's one of his best, maybe even ahead of Reservoir Dogs. Thoughts?
        NBK is for Oliver Stone fans only. Or people who took a wholelotta acid (like Stone, btw did you know he was popped for herioin in the making of Alexander? --- Not his best flick (that's JFK IMO), but far from his worst. Filmed in the same New Mexico landscape outside Albuquerque as Terminator 4. Kudos for their comic opera supporting performances to Tommy Lee Jones & Robert Downey Jr. in ti.

Jackie Brown is an Elmore Leonard classic! I think it's taken from Rum Punch. Leonard is just freaking terrific, best crime writer in America today for my $, I've read about 12 of his novels. And like me he's an ex-tech writer so I'm biased. His dialog just comes searing hot right off the pages. The character of Odell is in JB was the rehearsal for Samuel L. Jackson's Biblical-quoting character in Pulp Fiction, & Odell is the most menacing mammajamma in modern crime film, end of story. Tarantino's script was written at the zenith of his fame & his cinematic powers, maybe he really is washed up now, IDK. But I do know it's better than Reservoir Dogs.

Comment

• If you had to pick a single scene that exemplifies Michael Bay's utter disdain for story and continuity, what would it be?
          When five Decepticons sink to the bottom of the ocean to retrieve Megatron's corpse. A submarine tracks five "subjects" going down, and when they get there, one of the Decepticons is killed to give parts to Megatron. 5 -1 +1 = 5, right? No, because the sub somehow tracks "six" subjects coming up. Not only is this very basic math, this is the simplest of script errors. It could not possibly have been more than one page apart in the script. And yet Michael Bay either didn't care to notice or didn't give a ****. "Math? Math is for pussies. My movies are about **** blowing up, man."

ahhahah...i didn't even notice that in the movie. Well they did have the small doctor guy.

Comment

• I just finished Doubt. Very well made. Great cast with one great acting performance after another along with a rarity of seeing male and female titans constantly clash in multiple scenes. Streep completely owns in this. I have not seen most of her work (pretty much mostly from this decade), but from what I have seen, I always find her to be incredible, or among the best qualities of the film (The Devil Wears Prada... horrible movie, but great performance, and I thought she was exceptional in The Manchurian Candidate). She also made Lions for Lambs bearable (And Tom Cruise was actually better than her!). She just seems to effortlessly go from a reporter to a nun to a senator and play those parts as convincingly as can be. Same can be said for Philip Seymour Hoffman who has been on a ridiculious tear since his career defining performance in Capote. I thought he gave the second best supporting performance (along with Javier Bardem, tie) to Casey Affleck (Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford) with Charlie Wilson's War and this performance was just as deserving of an Oscar, but that Ledger guy kind of got in the way. The guy is just incredible. From the light operator in Boogie Nights (Scotty) to Phil Parma to Dean Trumbell to Truman Capote to Gust Avrakotos, Andy Hanson and John Savage (last three all in the same year) to now pulling out this gem of an accused pedophile priest, Father Brendan Flynn (Not to mention his great performance in Synecdoche, New York, which was also worthy of an Oscar nomination) is a run that only the greatest of actors go on. I never thought someone would challenge Sean Penn as the best actor in the business a few years ago, but Hoffman is doing more than that. He's almost forcing Sean Penn to keep up at this point. To me, those two, are pretty much the equivalent of Pacino and De Niro of the 70s (Daniel Day-Lewis is in a league of his own, so I exclude him from pretty much everything). I will watch anything that has Hoffman's name on it.

The movie is very good. It's very grounded and it plays out just like a play with very few scene changes and very few sets. It relies fully on the plot and the acting, but one thing I liked a lot was the themes, and the obvious theme of doubt, which later turns its head. There is one scene where Hoffman has a sermon on gossip that is beautifully captured. There are multiple shots that slant the camera, giving an unsettling view of things and one that makes us question what exactly we're looking at.

It is unsettling to look at people with suspicion. I feel less close to God.
            Roger Deakins, the best cinematographer on the planet, did a lot of that and contributed a major theme with The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford just a year prior where images were blurred, distorted and uncertain as it is with history and how we look at it consciously through this mildly distorted lens as fact and myth combine into unknown and personal interpretation. He does a similar thing here and it only adds to the quality of the film as we start looking at people with the same amount of suspicion and doubt that Sister Aloysius does.

By the end of the movie I was completely engrossed and re-watched the final scene about three times before coming to grips with the powerful ending. Meryl Streep' performance is on another plant and one that makes me want to see this again. Viola Davis and Amy Adams were also completely worthy of their nominations. Davis' academy award nominated scene is both shocking and powerful. A movie with very few flaws and definitely, or without a doubt, one of the better movies of 2008. It does lack in the entertainment category and it might be a better play than a feature length movie, but regardless, I was enthralled in the themes expressed and conveyed.

9/10

I'd probably stick this in my top 5 of the year, which is turning out to be very "Oscar looking" list minus the comedy at #1 (Kind of cheating though):

1. In Bruges (Martin McDonagh)
            1. The Bank Job (Roger Donaldson)
            2. Frost/Nixon (Ron Howard)
            3. The Wrestler (Darren Aronofsky)
            4. Milk (Gus Van Sant)
            5. Doubt (John Patrick Shanley)

Wanted, The Dark Knight, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, RocknRolla and Nothing But the Truth are also right there in the mix.
            Last edited by BigBanger; 06-29-2009, 07:51 PM.
            Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
            Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
            I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
            Originally posted by bearsfan_51
            iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
            Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
            I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
            Originally posted by GoRavens
            Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Comment

• The Bank Job?

Anyways, how come there is not been any marketing with the movie Avatar 5.5 months prior to its release? This is a big time movie and there's only been like two pictures that didn't really do anything for the movie.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• You want a bit of a preview of what to expect to a point...look up the game that will coincide w/ its release. It's...interesting. haha. 4 Images there. Strange enviroments and crazy looking creatures and vehicles. It's not much but, it's something.

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/8...070232483.html

Like these crazy mech suit things.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                  For real, dude.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• NBK is the only movie I ever walked out on in the middle of. So back in 94 it cost me $5. And today it looked like it costed me some rep. lol

Really people, I cant have a movie opinion? Leave my rep out of this! lol

Comment

• That Transformers thing is exactly what was going on inside my head during that entire movie. I remeber literally hurting my head thinking so hard about the million plot holes. At least make the last fight scene everyone waited to see more than 2 minutes long.

Originally posted by WMD
                      Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                      Originally posted by gpngc
                      I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                        You want a bit of a preview of what to expect to a point...look up the game that will coincide w/ its release. It's...interesting. haha. 4 Images there. Strange enviroments and crazy looking creatures and vehicles. It's not much but, it's something.

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/8...070232483.html

Like these crazy mech suit things.
                        The airbender movie? O god, they are getting so away from the tv show. That show was at least compelling, and had an interesting story. They are just completely changing this up, and for the worse.

BTW, caught Transformers on friday and I knew what I was stepping into, but I didn't expect them to follow the expectations step by step. No story whatsoever, lots and lots of action, throw in some hot chicks every now and then, big explosions and thats that. I can't say I was disappointed, but I expected them to spend some money in the screenwriting department.

Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

• Originally posted by aNYtitan View Post
                          The airbender movie? O god, they are getting so away from the tv show. That show was at least compelling, and had an interesting story. They are just completely changing this up, and for the worse.

BTW, caught Transformers on friday and I knew what I was stepping into, but I didn't expect them to follow the expectations step by step. No story whatsoever, lots and lots of action, throw in some hot chicks every now and then, big explosions and thats that. I can't say I was disappointed, but I expected them to spend some money in the screenwriting department.
                          No...James Cameron's Avatar.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0499549/

$300 million budget.

I'm not talking about the little bald kid with an arrow on his head. lol.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

No...James Cameron's Avatar.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0499549/

$300 million budget.

I'm not talking about the little bald kid with an arrow on his head. lol.

They're doing a movie about the little bald kid too.

And I just found out about this one today, so while we're at it.

Blood: The Last Vampire, the live action movie.

Comment

• Yeah I know, and it's an M Night movie. Laughably bad it will be.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Yeah I know, and it's an M Night movie. Laughably bad it will be.
                                He has swung and missed a lot since The Sixth Sense. I mean The Happening was just awful, awful, it was just awful. I have some hope, but then again, its live action and idk what to think about this. Its a lot more plausible live action then Dragonball Z. Also, I saw the trailer to Blood today as well, looks alright, they try to stay to the anime as they have the whole train scene and then the nurse's office scene. I could see it being alright

Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information