No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public enimies has 47% (according to top critics) on rotten tomatoes! Im gonna. Be pissed if it sucks
    Last edited by alca1992; 06-30-2009, 08:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by alca1992 View Post
      Im scheduled next week to see the proposal. Has anyone here seen it? I know it didnt get good reviws on rotten tomatoes. Is it what i expect and a typical romantic comedy?
      Based on the reviews, it seems to be alot better than the ones that have been released the pass 2 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
        Never saw the Wolverine movie. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones.
        I never saw any of them, so I must be extremely lucky.

worker bees can leave
        even drones can fly away
        the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by hobbes2053 View Post
          I never saw any of them, so I must be extremely lucky.
          Not really, the first 2 are great and definitely worth a watch. The 3rd was bad, and Wolverine was abysmal. But watch teh first 2, they are great.
          Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
          The APS is strong in this one.
          Originally posted by killxswitch
          Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Public enimies has 47% (according to top critics) on rotten tomatoes! Im gonna. Be pissed if it sucks
            Michael Mann is the most overrated director in Hollywood. Second place goes to Danny Boyle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
              Michael Mann is the most overrated director in Hollywood. Second place goes to Danny Boyle.
              Heat and Collateral beg to differ. Mann may be a bit off lately but he shoots films superbly and that alone makes him a top notch director.

I think Brian De Palma is the most overrated director by far.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                Heat and Collateral beg to differ. Mann may be a bit off lately but he shoots films superbly and that alone makes him a top notch director.

I think Brian De Palma is the most overrated director by far.
                I find both to be overrated. Enjoyed Heat, but it was hard to screw that movie up with the cast he had; as a whole the movie is just not that great though IMO.

Love Tom Cruise but found Collateral to be LOL (in a bad way) funny. Seriously, was Tom Cruise supposed to be an indestructible superhuman? It was years ago when I saw it in theatre and don't need to see it again, I just remember rolling my eyes at least a half dozen times over the stupidity of the situations Cruise was surviving and Foxx being 'that idiot' in a horror movie.

Comment

• Public Enemies can't suck!! The universe will be destroyed if it does :(

Comment

• Cruise was hardly indestructible in Collateral, he was just a well trained hitman. And before it got a tad over the top near the end, it was basically just a two man character study with Cruise and Foxx that was done extremely well.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• on the topic of Mann, The Insider, Last of the Mohicans, Heat, Collateral and Miami Vice were all enjoyable

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• I had such high hopes for Public Enemies, I will probably see it anyways.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                        Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                        i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                        Originally posted by Job
                        NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

Im scheduled next week to see the proposal. Has anyone here seen it? I know it didnt get good reviws on rotten tomatoes. Is it what i expect and a typical romantic comedy?
                          I actually went to see it with my girl today. I mean if youo are going with your gf, then yeah its a good movie to see. Some funny parts, Reynolds is pretty damn good being his comedic self in this film, Bullock plays a stuck up ***** pretty well but going into the film, you know what will happen in this romantic film. On the plus side, you get to see Bullock nude, but covered up, and for a 44 year old, she has an amazing body. Also Betty White is a gold for this film. Like I said, I'd recommend it if you are going to see a chick flick.

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                          Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                            Not really, the first 2 are great and definitely worth a watch. The 3rd was bad, and Wolverine was abysmal. But watch teh first 2, they are great.
                            I was so annoyed by the X-Men movies solely based on how they just completely ****** up the character of Rogue.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckNaked View Post
                              I was so annoyed by the X-Men movies solely based on how they just completely ****** up the character of Rogue.
                              I quite enjoyed Anna Paquin as Rogue. As a huge comic fan, I was aware of the changes, but I didnt mind them. Rogue is one of the most interesting comic characters IMO, and I didnt hate Paquin in the role. What i did hate was that she was nonexistant in 2/3, after being the focus of one. I really felt they should of examined the relationship between Logan and Rogue in the 2nd film.
                              Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                              The APS is strong in this one.
                              Originally posted by killxswitch
                              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                                I quite enjoyed Anna Paquin as Rogue. As a huge comic fan, I was aware of the changes, but I didnt mind them. Rogue is one of the most interesting comic characters IMO, and I didnt hate Paquin in the role. What i did hate was that she was nonexistant in 2/3, after being the focus of one. I really felt they should of examined the relationship between Logan and Rogue in the 2nd film.
                                Well what they did was completely take the character of Rogue and sort of it turn into exactly what Jubilee was. Rogue was one of the toughest characters and she was turned into some whiny and immature punk. I also wasn't crazy about the casting choice of Halle Berry as Storm.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information