No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i dont understand how most of my friends love Transformers. im always facepalming when they say it was awesome. i havent seen it yet and i know it sucks ass.
    Feel ya. I have found though that those that grew up watching the cartoon and have seen the original movie(cartoon) thought the first movie was very poor. Those that didn't grow up on the cartoon thought the first was pretty good.

I personally thought the first one was rubbish, how can you have transformers and turn it into a love story about 2 humans, it was horrible and everything I have heard/seen the second is even worse.

I didn't mind Wolverine. I thought it was actually pretty good, in that this movie is fun sort of way, though some parts dragged.

Haven't seen T4, had no appeal to me, as I didn't like the first two all that much and the third was rubbish. I do want to see ST but have not found time as yet.

Public Enemies did not look that good in previews to me, watchable yes, but not something I was eagerly awaiting, screamed Blu-Ray to me.

The HP series is great, book or movie, is one of the better translations of a book and I have faith in this one, I like how JK Rowling has stayed involved with the movies to ensure faithfulness to her work and it has shown.

It should be noted that I am not a big cinema goer, I have a big screen with high end audio at home so have a hard time justifying paying $17 to go and be uncomfortable and hot to watch a movie when I can do it at home for free.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

• If any1 likes horror movies or the Halloween movies heres a theatrical trailer that was released a week ago
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SZiUkNZfO4

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
      @SirStackAlot707

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
        Not really, the first 2 are great and definitely worth a watch. The 3rd was bad, and Wolverine was abysmal. But watch teh first 2, they are great.
        I did see the first 2 X-Men movies and they were, indeed, pretty awesome insofar as Marvel movies are concerned. I was actually referring to the trio of shitstorm movies that came out this year (Wolverine, T4, Transformers 2). I probably should have made that more clear. Dammit.

Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
        Heat and Collateral beg to differ. Mann may be a bit off lately but he shoots films superbly and that alone makes him a top notch director.

I think Brian De Palma is the most overrated director by far.
        Brian De Palma for the win. Mission to Mars is easily one of, if not the worst movie I have ever seen. Granted, I saw it when I was much younger, but I went in thinking it would be awesome and have aliens and whatnot. WRONG.
        Last edited by hobbes2053; 07-01-2009, 05:15 AM.

worker bees can leave
        even drones can fly away
        the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

• Saw Public Enemies last night but it was a midnight show and I couldn't keep my eyes open. Gonna have to see it again. Missed the middle 45 minutes.

Comment

• I saw The Code last night with Morgan Freeman in it. Pretty good flick. Nice heist movie. Pretty surprising twist at the end.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
              If any1 likes horror movies or the Halloween movies heres a theatrical trailer that was released a week ago
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SZiUkNZfO4
              Damn, the first one was so God awful I don't know why anyone would wanna go see a sequel. Rob Zombie just shat all over that movie.
              Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
              RIP themaninblack

Comment

• http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/smg-...questions.html

funny

Comment

• Caddy Shack = Greatness

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckNaked View Post
                    Caddy Shack = Greatness

EPIC

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckNaked View Post
                      Caddy Shack = Greatness
                      were you watching it on AMC too?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                        were you watching it on AMC too?
                        OF COURSE...i watch that movie whenever I get the chance to.

Comment

• In Bruges is awesome.

Comment

• Saw inside man today, really impressed me. The story was done very well with the actual scheme being in a word a perfect robbery. The characters all did their duty, though I'm pretty sure they could have gotten a better **** cop then William DaFoe. Setting was also good, even though tons of movies take an intriguing look as to how to change the view point of NY

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                            Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

• Just saw Public Enemies, and I must say I was disappointed. My expectations were extremely high -- the best movie of the year expectations. Johnny Deep was my biggest disappointment. I thought this role was made for him, but he was merely good. I was expecting at least an award nominated performance, but more than likely his career best and an award worthy performance. Now I wonder if he will ever top Blow. He wasn't bad, but he didn't meet my expectations and I think a lot of that has to do with the writing. For such a dynamic character, there just isn't much development of him. Most people who go into that theater know less than nothing about the man and most people will leave that theatre knowing little more than his name and the fact that he was a bank robber in the 30s. His character does have some moments (mostly in the movie theater scenes) where his acting really pops, but its in these few occasions where that glimmer of greatness is exposed, which ends up making the performance all the more disappointing since there's scenes where he looks absolutely phenomenal. There was just no development, which was the most surprising failure of the film. Christian Bale gave the best performance, the most consistent at least. There is no screaming and no voice complications so anyone who has a problem with that aspect of his acting should be in for a surprise. I thought he was fantastic. Not a top five performance of his and nothing that will get him any kind of nomination, but he was excellent. Again, not much depth to this character and the title card at the end came as a complete surprise and something I thought should have been added into the character and the film. The biggest problem was the lack of acknowledgement to Melvin Purvis as a major character. There are stretches that last far too long where Bale is nowhere to be scene. It's hard to have a good versus bad battle when we hardly ever see the good guy. I don't know why they tried to make a Dillinger movie instead a Dillinger / Purvis movie. That's what makes Heat what it is. Not only is it the bad guy (De Niro) that intrigues us, but it's the flawed and extremely obsessed cop (Pacino) who hunts him down day and night. This movie doesn't have that and all I kept thinking was that it should. Marion Cotillard was hit or miss. She has her moments of pure greatness, but then she has her moments where the dialog simply falls flat and almost feels awkward watching it. She was good. Not great, not bad.

The craft is impeccable. It's Michael Mann. You know you're going to see a movie that is visually stunning and with sets and costume designs being on an award worthy level, then it makes it that much easier for Mann's work to look even better. Simply worth the price of admission just on the pure look of the movie and how well made it is. The action scenes are done extremely well. The only problem with some of the scenes is the lack of setup. All of sudden we'll cut to Dillinger and the gang walking into a bank and BAM! Full blown chaos. There's no setup. No nothing. That was one thing I didn't like.

There are multiple scenes which are just incredibly well done and well made. This is pretty much a poor mans Heat. Not nearly as good, but it's still a good to very good movie. If your expectations are as high as mine, then you'll probably be as disappointed as I was. My biggest problem seems to be with the script.

Give it about an 8/10
                              Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
                              Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
                              I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
                              Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                              iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
                              Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
                              I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
                              Originally posted by GoRavens
                              Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Comment

• Inglorious ****** Basterds!

Anybody ever notice that foreign trailers are like 100 million times better than the U.S. trailers?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information