Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inglorious ****** Basterds!

Anybody ever notice that foreign trailers are like 100 million times better than the U.S. trailers?
    Ever since I saw this preview in the Comcast OnDemand freebies it's been the top film on my radar for the upcoming summer. Looks like a grittier, more realistic Dirty Dozen story, WW2 commando stuff without the niceties of censorship. It's Tarantino, maybe he can redeem himself after everybody said he was done when the Grindhouse diptych bombed, well, the 1st half of it, Death Proof, filmed in Austin, was OK, but Planet Terror was a cheap ripoff of Faster Pussycat! Kill! Kill! & was just execrable. I'm digressing here but I will state for the rcd. I will see almost anything (including the awful series Charmed) just to fixate on Rose MacGowan, who is hotter than a firecracker on the 4th of July... hey that's today!

It's remake of an Italian film from 30 yrs. ago. Gotta chk. out Brad Pitt as a WW2 commando leading a squad of American Jews hungry for vengeance on Nazis who keep score by scalping their kills, right up my alley. I'm salivating in anticipation.
    Last edited by LizardState; 07-04-2009, 10:21 AM.

Comment

• The Bridge is a 2006 documentary film by Eric Steel that tells the stories of a handful of individuals who committed suicide at the Golden Gate Bridge in 2004.
      I saw it on IFC on a special Bay Area showing then. Impressive film in all aspects, kind of a melancholy tone to it as you would expect.

The memorable p/o it was an interview with one of the rare survivors of the jump who said "The second I let go of the cable I realized that all my problems were manageable." A devastating understatement....

From a gallows humor conversation we had after the viewing:

You know, when you stand on that bridge looking 700 ft. down into the Golden Gate, you have no decisions left in your life....

Not true, you have to make a decision about where to stand on the bridge. there are 2 choices left at that point: On the way down you can have the City view, or you can have the ocean view, it's a matter of personal preference.

Comment

• The whole documentary is on youtube.
        Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
        RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Ice Age was a good movie. When they have to cross through the chemicals was a hilarious part. Whenever a little baby animal was shown, just about every kid in the theater said "awwwwwwwwwww."

Comment

• just saw the hangover.

Alan is a crazy mofo lol

#MoncriefArmy

Comment

• has any of you ever seen drumline, it is one of the worst things ive ever seen

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
              - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
              - Corner or Wideout in the first
              - No reaching
              - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

• Originally posted by wicket View Post
                has any of you ever seen drumline, it is one of the worst things ive ever seen
                haha, Nick Cannon = epic fail/joke

Comment

• Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                  I think Bale did fine, the dialogue he was given was just awful imo.
                  Ehhh...I saw it today. Depp was his usual self, very good as a Dillinger, a suave bank robber who cared both about his morals and his image. Colliard was underwhelming and Bale was just ok, they could have made him much better, his accent was amusing as well. Story was alright too, tried to basically sum up the most interesting years of this guys life into 2 and a half hours, and I think they did a good job with it, cause it also had to reveal the development of the FBI as the new entity for crime to deal with. I was unimpressed, but I had great expectations for it, and I thought Depp could win an Oscar because of it (he could but he has had better performances) and I though the movie could be nominated for Best film of the year (longshot imo). Now Harry Potter is what I anticipate most.

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                  Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

• Originally posted by superman8456 View Post
                    haha, Nick Cannon = epic fail/joke
                    Nick Cannon is hilarious

Comment

• Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                      Nick Cannon is hilarious
                      **** Nick Cannon, he just took your food money

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                      Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                        Nick Cannon is hilarious
                        **** NICK CANNON!!! DAVE CHAPELLE!!

He's hilarous.

You know what son, you're acting like a little *****...yea, that's right, go tell mom I'm cussin in the house.

Comment

• Where the Wild Things Are. That is all.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                          Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• the hurt locker looks real good

http://www.apple.com/trailers/summit/thehurtlocker/

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by themaninblack View Post
                              Where the Wild Things Are. That is all.
                              It's really all that needs to be said. Just thought I'd chime in.

worker bees can leave
                              even drones can fly away
                              the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

• That is one great movie. Watch that.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information