Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hobbes2053 View Post
    It's really all that needs to be said. Just thought I'd chime in.
    I don't think I've ever been more excited for a movie. like ever.

^A Bonekrusher production^
    Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• Originally posted by themaninblack View Post
      Where the Wild Things Are. That is all.
      I was getting a Where The Wild Things Are Inspired half sleeve tattoo before the Marine Corps outlawed sleeve tattoos

Comment

• Steven Soderbergh is a ******* genius. This is the movie those dweebs the Coen brothers tried to make last year.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/theinformant/hd/

Damon better get an Oscar. The Informant is going to be ******* great. Now one of my most anticipated movies of the year along with The Road, Star Trek, Gomorra, Che and Shutter Island.

And...

http://www.apple.com/trailers/magnol...endexperience/

more Soderbergh.

Anyway, I saw Taken and I was mildly impressed. It had its moments both good and bad, and Neason was very good, but that Luc Besson is a real loser. He writes some garbage. The beyond annoying ditzy American girls stereotype has been outplayed ever since the invention of text messaging and even earlier... like the invention of gum and pigtails. The indestructible FBI agent who's part Jean Claude Van Damn, part MacGyver and part James Bond and part Leon and part Jason Bourne really doesn't impress me. 7 guys come at him with a gun and he beats the **** out of all of them before they even get off a shot. Not only does he beat them up, but with one judo chop to the back of the neck, a la Austin Powers, and they're dead on the spot. Could have been a lot better if Liam Neeson's character wasn't an expert in everything known on the face of the planet. Considering all the stupid coincidences and the problems with the main and side characters, I still give it a recommendation since it was effective and pretty entertaining.

6.5/10
        Last edited by BigBanger; 07-05-2009, 03:43 PM.
        Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
        Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
        I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
        Originally posted by bearsfan_51
        iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
        Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
        I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
        Originally posted by GoRavens
        Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Comment

• Soderbergh, another ridiculously overrated Hollywood guy. Luckily his star has fallen off these last few years and I don't have to hear as many people drool over him, but the man puts out consistently mediocre (at best) movies; his best IMO being Out of Sight which while enjoyable was not very memorable. Don't understand why some praise him.

Comment

• BigBanger says the dumbest things in this thread.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Watched this again last night. **** yeah.

worker bees can leave
              even drones can fly away
              the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by hobbes2053 View Post

Watched this again last night. **** yeah.
                Yeah, I heard Red X was a pretty good movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                  Soderbergh, another ridiculously overrated Hollywood guy. Luckily his star has fallen off these last few years and I don't have to hear as many people drool over him, but the man puts out consistently mediocre (at best) movies; his best IMO being Out of Sight which while enjoyable was not very memorable. Don't understand why some praise him.
                  I loved Sex, Lies, and Videotape. If I were to make a top 100 films list it would certainly be on there. Out of Sight was very enjoyable. Besides that you are pretty much right, he is not that great a filmmaker. Sure he has Traffic and a couple other good movies but he has made he fair share of ****.

Comment

• Eugene Hutz is awesome.

Last edited by hobbes2053; 07-05-2009, 08:17 PM.

worker bees can leave
                    even drones can fly away
                    the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

• Just got back from seeing Public Enemies. Not as bad as the reviews seem to be, but not as memorable as I was thinking it could have been. Also, it kind of seemed like a very tame rated R movie. No real nudity, only one F-bomb, and other than the "final kill" I didn't really find any of the violence that graphic for a rated R movie.
                      Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                      RIP themaninblack

Comment

• I just watched Lucky # Slevin. I got lost for a quick second during it but I enjoyed it for the most part.

Comment

• I saw Public Enemies this weekend, it wasn't great but it didn't suck, just ok

Comment

• Travis Bickle FTW.

worker bees can leave
                            even drones can fly away
                            the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

• Just saw Wall-E for the first time and I LOVED IT. It's really quite amazing how Pixar can get the viewer so emotionally involved in an inanimate object.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                                I loved Sex, Lies, and Videotape. If I were to make a top 100 films list it would certainly be on there. Out of Sight was very enjoyable. Besides that you are pretty much right, he is not that great a filmmaker. Sure he has Traffic and a couple other good movies but he has made he fair share of ****.
                                Agree 100% with Dr. G. SL&V, Traffic & Out of Sight were kickass films that stuck in your consciousness after seeing them for the 1st time, although I could have done without JayLo in OOS. I find myself saying that about her in every film of hers except Maid in Manhattan & Anaconda, hmmm.

Usually with Soderbergh you get George Clooney, they're almost always a pkg. deal, Soderbergh was standing over his shoulder when Clooney directed..... their work together in Good Night & Good Luck was a cinematic milestone producing a perfect period piece, borderline masterpiece. Michael Clayton was almost as good, I believe they've collaborated 15-16 times now.
                                Last edited by LizardState; 07-07-2009, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information