Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lock, Stock is a great movie.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

Comment

• Re-watching The Hurt Locker again tonight with some people who've not seen it. I'll be disappointed if they don't like it.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
        Has anyone seen Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels?What did you think of it?I recently saw Snatch and liked it alot.
        It's Pulp Fiction set in the London underground. PF was such a big $maker that there were lots of imitators, this one & Things to Do in Denver When You're Dead, etc.

LS&2SB only had Sting as a major marquee name, it has B-list action star Statham too, he does a backflip. It has some moments & irony in the interwoven storylines, & a kiler soundtrack.
        Last edited by LizardState; 07-06-2009, 09:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
          Hey I like talent (which Seyfried has), something that seems lost on you.
          Seyfried is from Allentown, just 5 minutes from where I live. Sorry, that's my random post of the day.

To make it less random, the only movie I've seen with her in it was mean girls. I doubt that is a good movie to gauge her acting skills, considering the character she played.
          Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
            Seyfried is from Allentown, just 5 minutes from where I live. Sorry, that's my random post of the day.

To make it less random, the only movie I've seen with her in it was mean girls. I doubt that is a good movie to gauge her acting skills, considering the character she played.
            Brodeur only likes her cause she was on Veronica Mars.

And in Mama Mia.
            Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
            The APS is strong in this one.
            Originally posted by killxswitch
            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
              Brodeur only likes her cause she was on Veronica Mars.

And in Mama Mia.
              Big Love Big Love Big Love Big Love Big Love Big Love.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• watching Knocked Up right now, seen so many times such a great movie

Comment

• anyone else looking forward to big fan? looks pretty dark and intense, just hope it comes to the uk.

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                    It's Pulp Fiction set in the London underground. PF was such a big $maker that there were lots of imitators, this one & Things to Do in Denver When You're Dead, etc.

LS&2SB only had Sting as a major marquee name, it has B-list action star Statham too, he does a backflip. It has some moments & irony in the interwoven storylines, & a kiler soundtrack.
                    ...no, simply no

Lock Stock is nothing like Pulp Fiction and i doubt very much that Ritchie was trying to copy it

Comment

• i dont see a single resemblence with Pulp Fiction

Comment

• LS&2SB was mentioned on At the Movies by Ebert & others as a Pulp Fiction imitation.

Look up the meaning of picaresque in literature, it has the interwoven plot timeline, characterization, etc. Pulp Fiction was a variation on a type of picaresque. Like in LS&2SB the guy in the pub on fire as the foursome enters prior to the card game, it's revealed an hr. later in a different plotline how he came to be on fire. Several of those coincidental plotline crossing points in PF too, like Bruce Willis seeing Mustafa in the crosswalk after Mustafa had put out the hit on him.

Look up ersatz too, it means an imitation of a previous form but of inferior quality, that's the relationship of LS&2SB to PF, both dependent on the performances of the ensemble cast & that's where PF gets the nod. Ving Rhames, Harvey Keitel, Tim Roth, Eric Stoltz, Rosanna Arquette ("The tongue piercing? It's for the sex thing..."), the Chris Walken flashback cameo, all were supporting characters that revolved around the main theme (maybe the contents of Mustafa's briefcase? a whole subculture has evolved about what was really in it)

I bought the soundtrack, mostly soul music popular in the UK, good stuff. PF had such a diverse & stellar soundtrack it had at least 2 CDs released from it.

A former Tarantino coworker at that video rental place he worked claims he stole the idea for Pulp Fiction from him, anyone else heard that story? Tarantino still denies it.
                        Last edited by LizardState; 07-07-2009, 11:10 AM.

Comment

• I saw Public Enemies last night, and I must say it was a pretty good movie, nothing spectacular but definitely worth a boring night, to just go to the movies and watch it.

I loved Johnny Depp as Dillenger, and Bale although a bit stiff at times was pretty good for Purvis. But I really think the other casting they did was pretty lackluster, though they did have Channing Tatum thrown in there, the guy who gets killed 15 minutes into the movie. I really loved Dillenger he had a certain ego to him that made me want to get up and ******* rob a bank, then go to a hotel and **** some bitches, all while spitting in the face of the F.B.I.
                          Last edited by Malaka; 07-07-2009, 01:07 PM.

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

• I finally saw Slumdog. It was good. It was enjoyable but I don't know that it quite deserved the hype that it got.

Comment

• There are absolutely similarities between Pulp and LS2SB. LizardState is right in citing both the cast and especially the interwoven storyline as stylistic similarities between the two films. That said, there is alot different about the films as well, but there is definitely a bit of Pulp in Lock Stock, as there is alot of other movies.
                              Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                              The APS is strong in this one.
                              Originally posted by killxswitch
                              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malaka View Post
                                I saw Public Enemies last night, and I must say it was a pretty good movie, nothing spectacular but definitely worth a boring night, to just go to the movies and watch it.

I loved Johnny Depp as Dillenger, and Bale although a bit stiff at times was pretty good for Purvis. But I really think the other casting they did was pretty lackluster, though they did have Channing Tatum thrown in there, the guy who gets killed 15 minutes into the movie. I really loved Dillenger he had a certain ego to him that made me want to get up and ******* rob a bank, then go to a hotel and **** some bitches, all while spitting in the face of the F.B.I.
                                I thought Bale played his part as well, he wasn't very expressive, but that was part of the character I think, he was supposed to follow orders, be driven and focused on the job.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information