Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
    There are absolutely similarities between Pulp and LS2SB. LizardState is right in citing both the cast and especially the interwoven storyline as stylistic similarities between the two films. That said, there is alot different about the films as well, but there is definitely a bit of Pulp in Lock Stock, as there is alot of other movies.
    Similarities in how the film was made? yea well but there are a bunch of them out there. but looking at the storylines, i dont see really similarities

Comment

• Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
      Similarities in how the film was made? yea well but there are a bunch of them out there. but looking at the storylines, i dont see really similarities
      Hes not referring to the ACTUAL story. But the disjointed, non-linear style of filmmaking was popularized in the early 90's by Tarantino with Pulp. Therefore, those ensemble movies, with several story arcs happening at once and taking places across different times and intersecting, that sort of deal is what hes referring to. Not the actual story of the film.
      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
      The APS is strong in this one.
      Originally posted by killxswitch
      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• I'm watching Six Pack with Kenny Rodgers & Diane Lane dam Lane is so young and hot in that movie

Comment

• Originally posted by xooberon View Post
          anyone else looking forward to big fan? looks pretty dark and intense, just hope it comes to the uk.

I ******* hate that movie trailers have just become nothing more than 2 minute cliff note versions of the entire movie. Have some creativity and stop feeding us the movie! Ugh.

Comment

• Originally posted by xooberon View Post
            anyone else looking forward to big fan? looks pretty dark and intense, just hope it comes to the uk.

Hopefully four words that will soon be introduced to the universal vocabulary: Oscar winner Patton Oswalt.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
              Oscar winner Patton Oswalt.
              I love his stand-up. The more stuff he's in, the better.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                I love his stand-up. The more stuff he's in, the better.
                I was watching a 15-yr-old Seinfeld episode last wk. & Patton Oswalt was the guy behind the deli counter, he's all over the place! His standup routine from the waiter about mega-volumes consumed in all you can eat restaurants is a classic, lyfao material.

Speaking of Seinfeld, I just have to say that Larry David, who's the standard neurotic protagonist in the new Woody Allen film, is a ******* genius! He wrote most of their best scripts from that show, he pulled the whole Festivus holiday (with the bare aluminum pole), the Serenity Now! Movement, the Soup Nazi, the Red Chinese restaurant who named "fellow traveler" & "pinko" names right out of his o-ring.... laughtrack sitcom genius!

Comment

• Have you seen Whatever Works? I forgot all about it until I saw the poster at the theater. You can kind of have an idea of what to expect from that combo, but I haven't seen the trailer in months and plan to see it Thursday with only the memory of me wanting to see it.

Comment

• who has seen away we go? thoughts?

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)

Comment

• I'm feeling quite ******* down. Anyone got a decent feel-good movie to suggest?

Comment

• Originally posted by Job View Post
                        I'm feeling quite ******* down. Anyone got a decent feel-good movie to suggest?
                        Schindler's List

Comment

• Originally posted by KCJ58 View Post
                          Schindler's List
                          At least you made me laugh.

Comment

You will feel better after watching Kiss Kiss Bang Bang.
                            Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                            The APS is strong in this one.
                            Originally posted by killxswitch
                            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Dawk
                              who has seen away we go? thoughts?
                              I have. It's actually the movie I remember most fondly in the past couple months. This is what I posted after I saw it:

Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
                              Away We Go was super cute. Some supporting characters were not as endearing as I thought they would be, but that's kind of the point. Krasinski and Rudolph were fantastic. Krasinski is the ultimate nice guy and I liked him a lot in this. Some real good laughs. I really enjoyed the music in it, thought the Alexi Murdoch was perfect. All in all, I liked it a lot.

Comment

The Truman Show.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information