No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haha so I just finished up Potter 5. All of them back to back was alot of Potter, but it was alright. Harry is by far the worst character. So whiney and angsty. They should just ignore him, and focus on all the other characters, who are cool. That little blonde Luna girl cracked me up everytime she was on screen.

Also, that fight scene at the end in the ministry of magic is probably one of the coolest things Ive ever seen effects wise. The smoke and **** was super cool.
    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
    The APS is strong in this one.
    Originally posted by killxswitch
    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
      Haha so I just finished up Potter 5. All of them back to back was alot of Potter, but it was alright. Harry is by far the worst character. So whiney and angsty. They should just ignore him, and focus on all the other characters, who are cool. That little blonde Luna girl cracked me up everytime she was on screen.

Also, that fight scene at the end in the ministry of magic is probably one of the coolest things Ive ever seen effects wise. The smoke and **** was super cool.
      Luna is one of my favorite characters in the movies...which is funny because I wasn't a big fan of her in the books. I also LOVED the end scene in ootp.

Comment

• I hear bruno is chalk full of ***** scenes
        Not to pick the nits, but it's chock full of something, not chalk.

And Bruno got 1.5 stars in the local San Jose papers, one star in others if that. Convinced me to avoid it like an airborne virus, but it seems that the difference between it & Borat is that Bruno emanates creepy predatory gayness while Borat reflected gayness for satirical laughs. Like the naked wrestling sequence with Azamat in the hotel rm. was one of the gayest scenes I've ever seen but also one of the funniest, while the Bruno character is like someone who hangs around bus stations, gets his photo op in runway fashion exhibitions, a pederast who adopts small children b/c he really likes them like Michael Jackson did, etc.

Maybe the sh*t-slinging depicted in Bruno is ironically forecasting the critical sh*tstorm it provoked.

Ryan Reynolds as Hal Jordan in Green Lantern? IDK, it's going to be controversial, didn't the comic character of GL morph somehow to a black man when they brought the comic back? Bet you $1 Reynolds takes off his shirt in this one too to bask in his every day workout buffness, I think he & Brad Pitt have that written into their contracts.
        Last edited by LizardState; 07-13-2009, 03:06 PM.

Comment

• Nathan Fillion is going to be the GL, not reynolds

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)

Comment

• About to watch the Aqua Teen Movie :D <---- very happy Chez

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Dawk View Post
              Nathan Fillion is going to be the GL, not reynolds
              You do realize Reynolds has been cast in the role right? Like its official...There isnt any more debate haha.

Also, has it been confirmed that Reynolds will be Hal Jordan? I think he looks more like Kyle Raynor, and TBH, I liked Raynor better anyways...meh.
              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Some sources say Reynolds already landed the role, others say DC is still in talks with people, including Fillion.

edit...def. looks like Reynolds after reviewing the sources.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                KO KNOWS

Comment

• Variety says Reynolds has it, they are usually pretty reliable, and Fillion hasnt been mentioned in weeks from what Ive heard...Just cause some fan trailer caused a ******** of internet hype doesnt mean that he is going to be cast in the role. Everything Ive heard suggests that Chris Pine, Bradley Cooper, Justin Timberlake, Jared Leto, and Ryan Reynolds were the short list. Here is the link:

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryId=13&cs=1

Comment

• Natalie Portman is going to be in the Thor movie apparently.
                    Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                    RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
                      Natalie Portman is going to be in the Thor movie apparently.
                      As who? Sif?

Comment

As who? Sif?
                        IDK, some person named Jane or something. I never really got into the Thor comics so IDK. But it's up on superherohype.
                        Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                        RIP themaninblack

Comment

As who? Sif?
                          Jane Foster. Whoever that is.

Comment

• I dont even know much about Fillion but, I did watch some Firefly scenes when his name was brought up to play Nathan Drake in the Uncharted movie. He seems like a perfect fit for that role, from what I've seen. Just needs to scruff up a bit.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                            KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
                              Ahhhh ok. Meh. Sif is cooler. I wonder if Sif even makes it into the film though if Portman is playing the main love interest. I remember when Thor rumors were first coming out, Kate Beckinsale expressed interest in playing Sif. That would of been awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
                                I'm not a big Thor fan, but the name sounds familiar.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information