Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Saints 4 Lyfe View Post
    Saving Silverman is so underrated i want to cry sometimes.
    When I first read this, I thought you said "Sarah Silverman is so underrated i want to cry sometimes" and for that brief moment, I was flabbergasted.

worker bees can leave
    even drones can fly away
    the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
      Thanks for the deepdiscount heads-up WMD, I'm definitely going to be buying some movies as well as seasons 2-4 of The Office.
      Yeah no problem. I haven't watched much of the show but you can get Season 1 and 2 of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia for under $20. Sexy deal there.

They do the sale again in November around Black Friday, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
        I thought someone would say Vampire's Kiss, with Nick Cage.
        I was an actual paid admission to that film, & I want 2 hrs. of my life & 6 of my $ back. The only scary thing about it was Cage's madman performance. And non-actress, former Venezuelan pop singer Maria Conchita Alonso s/b nailed up in an old barrel & sent out with the evening tide, she's intolerable.

Francis Ford Coppola's Dracula & Interview With A Vampire are good vamp films that don't suck, no pun intended. And yet they are terribly wrongly miscast: see Keanu Reaves & Tom Cruise in each, wretchedly bad accents, ugggh, but both scripts followed their parent texts very closely, & FFC's Dracula in it's director's cut is full of naked vamp girls in Victorian garb like Pre-Raphaelite paintings, with many Pause button opportunities in it.

More recently 30 Days of Night is good but not great, Hartnett does a passable job in it, & see if you can spot John Huston's son (& Angelica's brother) Tony as the vamp gang jefe.

But Shadow of the Vampire is awesome, 4 stars **** !! Lots of irony & fantastic performances with deadpan one-liner humor from Willem Dafoe & Cary Elwes. Great script, & German Weimar Republic lurid, depraved atmosphere in the cinematography. It's all about German silent director Felix Murnau making the original Nosferatu (definitely better than the Klaus Kinski remake, one of the scariest movies ever made with or without audio) with unknown actor Max Shrek, the German word for fear & how he has to struggle to finish it with all these film crewmen disappearing at night.....

John Carpenter's Vampires has terrific supporting performances from Sheryl Lee (Laura Palmer of Twin Peaks who gets naked in it), Daniel Baldwin & even old Maximilian Schell but I think usually excellent James Woods did a checkbook performance. John Carpenter, who's an excellent guitar player, did the soundtrack himself with his band the Texas Toad Lickers.

The Lost Boys is also better known for its killer soundtrack but launched the career of underrated actor Jason Patric who s/b cracking the A-list sometime soon. Very atmospheric film made in Santa Cruz, CA (the "murder capital of America") that adds to its overall creepiness.

Near Dark is an underrated, vamp-Western flick directed by Hurt Locker director Kathryn Bigelow, highly recommended.

Only the 1st Blade was worth watching b/c of all the vamp lore from the original comic, if you don't think Jessica Biel or Ryan Reynolds can make an abominably bad movie, rent Blade Trinity. Not even grizzled Kris Kristofferson could save it.
        Last edited by LizardState; 07-21-2009, 12:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
          I'm now counting down until Funny People.

Midnight tonight is a standup special from the characters. It will be awesome

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• If you would all head to the Fantasy section, the Make-A-Movie Competition Voting is up. We appreciate all votes and comments. Thanks!
            Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
            The APS is strong in this one.
            Originally posted by killxswitch
            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
              Midnight tonight is a standup special from the characters. It will be awesome
              Is that gonna be on comedy central? I know I saw a commercial for it, but can't remember where.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
              Originally posted by BaLLiN72
              i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
              Originally posted by Job
              NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

• Yeah its on CC right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post

Watching this now. Sweetness.
                  Gotta watch this movie one day, but first Harry Potter tomorrow. Can't believe its so frickin long

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                  Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

• Funny people looks really...funny. Lovin the special on CC.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                    Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                    i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                    Originally posted by Job
                    NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

• Ended up getting Dead Alive, Capote, and Adaptation on deepdiscount for about 20 bucks total. Very happy about it.

Comment

• haha Dead Alive is a very nice movie, high amount of gore there.

I'm probably gonna buy The Descent, High Tension, and a few others..
                        Last edited by WMD; 07-21-2009, 12:19 AM.

Comment

• I saw Harry Potter today for the first time, and I can't believe they ****** up as bad as they did with Tom Riddle. It was just painful who they actually cast, and kind of ruined that whole moment for me. They also should have spent a lot more time actually expanding his story...

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• finally caught the hurt locker. **** was incredibly moving and a great war film. i saw it being compared to jarhead and i don't like that comparison at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by thefalconer View Post
                              finally caught the hurt locker. **** was incredibly moving and a great war film. i saw it being compared to jarhead and i don't like that comparison at all.
                              It's being compared to Jarhead in the fact that both are incredibly accurate depictions of war

And I for one will not be watching the Hurt Locker. After being blown up in real life, i don't need/nor want to see it happen in a movie
                              Last edited by SuperKevin; 07-21-2009, 10:15 AM.

Comment

• I wish someone would murder the guy who greenlit G-Force

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information