No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oh, you mean Jerry Bruckheimer. If we do that there'll be no Pirates of the Car'bean 4 or National Treasure 3 or any other super hollywood blockbuster sequels

Comment

• Originally posted by thefalconer View Post
      finally caught the hurt locker. **** was incredibly moving and a great war film. i saw it being compared to jarhead and i don't like that comparison at all.
      I'm going to view that film today :D

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
        I wish someone would murder the guy who greenlit G-Force
        Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
        oh, you mean Jerry Bruckheimer. If we do that there'll be no Pirates of the Car'bean 4 or National Treasure 3 or any other super hollywood blockbuster sequels
        All the more reason to do it!
        Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
        Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

• Are those National Treasure movies really any good? I know they're money makers but, I've never seen either of them. Not interested at all.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
          KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
            Are those National Treasure movies really any good? I know they're money makers but, I've never seen either of them. Not interested at all.
            Eh, I think they are entertaining. Not great movies, but entertaining and I really like U.S. history and politics and all that stuff, so stories around secrets and stuff within that is pretty entertaining to me. Nick Cage is Nick Cage, he has a really hot gf/wife in them, and Jon Voight is always awesome.

Comment

• National Treasure was okay, Diane Kruger made it enjoyable

mhm gonna watch Primal Fear now. Edward Nortons Performance was incredible
              Last edited by Gay Ork Wang; 07-21-2009, 12:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                Yeah no problem. I haven't watched much of the show but you can get Season 1 and 2 of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia for under $20. Sexy deal there.

They do the sale again in November around Black Friday, too.
                I took note and grabbed Always Sunny 1+2 yesterday. Also added the complete Mr. Show and my own copy of Wet Hot American Summer for under $20, again. Plenty of hilarity there.

Comment

Are those National Treasure movies really any good? I know they're money makers but, I've never seen either of them. Not interested at all.
                  I love those movies, really entertaining. If you like Nic Cage especially. THen again I'm a sucker for history.

Comment

I enjoyed it, its nothing mind blowing but it is entertaining.

Comment

• just watched True Romance such a great movie so many people are in that moive if you get a chance to see it you should, i want to see it again

Comment

• I went to see Bruno last night.. I left after the first half hour maybe, TOO MUCH!

I hopped over to Harry Potter. My first Harry Potter movie EVER and I came away interested in the whole series.

Comment

• Originally posted by YAYareaRB View Post
                          I went to see Bruno last night.. I left after the first half hour maybe, TOO MUCH!
                          What exactly did you expect? And a little homophobic there?

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
                            National Treasure was okay, Diane Kruger made it enjoyable
                            Too bad she can't act. She's nice German eye candy though. It's unfortunate that she's been in so many loser films like Troy & National Treasure 2. The 1st NT was well-paced & based on actual historical events, like keylime I'm an American history buff too. NT 2 was about 95% screenwriter speculative bullcrap & I heard some people in the audience scream out "Ohhh, puh-leeeeze" at some points. I've heard some very good things about Harry Potter & the Half-Blood Prince, the buzz is that it's one you want to see on the big screen & is easily the best one of the series.

My wife loves all things Harry Potter & has been bugging me to see it -- we should go. I never thought I would say this, but I would rather see that than Public Enemies, which got lukewarm at best reviews .... the Richard Corliss review in TIME magazine concluded with "Why bother?" that's the kiss of death to a 1st run major summer big budget picture.
                            Last edited by LizardState; 07-21-2009, 03:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                              Too bad she can't act. She's nice German eye candy though. It's unfortunate that she's been in so many loser films like Troy & National Treasure 2. The 1st NT was well-paced & based on actual historical events, NT 2 was about 95% screenwriter speculative bullcrap. I've heard some very good things about Harry Potter & the Half-Blood Prince, the buzz is that it's one you want to see on the big screen & the best one of the series.

My wife loves all things Harry Potter & has been bugging me to see it -- we should go. I never thought I would say this, but I would rather see that than Public Enemies, which got lukewarm at best reviews .... the Richard Corliss review in TIME magazine concluded with "Why bother?" that's the kiss of death to a 1st run major summer big budget picture.
                              I got 30 minutes into Public Enemies and couldnt continue. I was very bored by it. It was a ****** version however, so Im sure Ill watch the whole thing when a nice rip comes out, but damn, I can see why the reviews were lukewarm...Talk about disappointment. I was super psyched for it. Lets hope Where the Wild Things Are is as amazing as I hope it is to make up for it!
                              Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                              The APS is strong in this one.
                              Originally posted by killxswitch
                              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by thefalconer View Post
                                finally caught the hurt locker. **** was incredibly moving and a great war film. i saw it being compared to jarhead and i don't like that comparison at all.
                                I got the DVD rip of it and watched it the other day. I'm not usually big on war movies, but this was very well done. Definitely a good watch.

Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                                I got 30 minutes into Public Enemies and couldnt continue. I was very bored by it. It was a ****** version however, so Im sure Ill watch the whole thing when a nice rip comes out, but damn, I can see why the reviews were lukewarm...Talk about disappointment. I was super psyched for it. Lets hope Where the Wild Things Are is as amazing as I hope it is to make up for it!
                                WtWTA is easily my most anticipated movie of the year. If it turns out to be a failure, I will be crushed. I cannot wait for it to come out.
                                Last edited by hobbes2053; 07-21-2009, 03:53 PM.

worker bees can leave
                                even drones can fly away
                                the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information