Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
    oh, you mean Jerry Bruckheimer. If we do that there'll be no Pirates of the Car'bean 4 or National Treasure 3 or any other super hollywood blockbuster sequels
    And your point is? I for one am sick of remakes and sequels.


    Originally posted by WMD
    Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
    Originally posted by gpngc
    I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
      I love those movies, really entertaining. If you like Nic Cage especially. THen again I'm a sucker for history.
      Right, because it's totally historical canon that the Lost City of Gold is somewhere in South Dakota.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by hobbes2053 View Post
        I got the DVD rip of it and watched it the other day. I'm not usually big on war movies, but this was very well done. Definitely a good watch.



        WtWTA is easily my most anticipated movie of the year. If it turns out to be a failure, I will be crushed. I cannot wait for it to come out.
        I have alot of faith in Spike Jonze, but the constant production hell the movie has been in since like, 2005, is really troubling. That said, the trailer looks spectacular, and I think it will turn out amazing.
        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
        The APS is strong in this one.
        Originally posted by killxswitch
        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
          I have alot of faith in Spike Jonze, but the constant production hell the movie has been in since like, 2005, is really troubling. That said, the trailer looks spectacular, and I think it will turn out amazing.
          I think the only reason it's been such a struggle to get the movie made is the nature of it and the fact that there are huge wild things that Jonze or whoever wanted to be live-action instead of CGI. I really like that they insisted on not using computers to make up the wild things. It should make it twice as nice.


          worker bees can leave
          even drones can fly away
          the queen is their slave

          themaninblack
          15

          Comment


          • Originally posted by the decider13 View Post
            Funny people looks really...funny. Lovin the special on CC.
            Sandlers prank calls were gold. Apatow says it's the best one he's done so far (Knocked Up and 40 Year Old Virgin). I'm very excited to see it.


            Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

            Originally posted by JBCX
            Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
              Right, because it's totally historical canon that the Lost City of Gold is somewhere in South Dakota.
              Other than that and a couple other parts, they really use a lot of real history in both movies, and they always seem to tell interesting little facts about American history in those films

              Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
              And your point is? I for one am sick of remakes and sequels.
              I was being sarcastic to a degree. I like those movies I mentioned, but the movie industry wouldn't miss 4th and 5th chapters in film franchises every year.

              Originally posted by hobbes2053 View Post

              WtWTA is easily my most anticipated movie of the year. If it turns out to be a failure, I will be crushed. I cannot wait for it to come out.
              Based on the previews it looks like Spike Jonez did WtWTHA exactly how a children's book movie should be done. It looks like a film I would want to watch over and over everyday if I were a kid. I am extremely relieved they aren't using cheesy incredible hulk CGI for the monsters.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                What exactly did you expect? And a little homophobic there?
                It wasn't homophobic. I love how that word gets thrown around when someone says something other than positive stuff about homosexuals. I expected some off the wall stuff but not as much as there was.


                Comment


                • Is 30 Days of night or Before the Devil Knows Your Dead any good? I recorded both of them a few nights ago. Haven't gotten around to watching either one yet.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
                    Is 30 Days of night or Before the Devil Knows Your Dead any good? I recorded both of them a few nights ago. Haven't gotten around to watching either one yet.
                    Before the Devil Knows Youre Dead is quite good. Excellent performances all around.
                    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                    The APS is strong in this one.
                    Originally posted by killxswitch
                    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

                    Comment


                    • 30 Days of Night is terrible, imo. Everyone on here loves Before the Devil Knows You're Dead...I liked it but, not as much as everyone on here. But it's Sidney Lumet and it gets the job done. I just wasnt that into it, though.

                      Thanks BoneKrusher^

                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                      KO KNOWS

                      Comment


                      • No sense seeing National Treasure 2 if you've seen National Treasure 1. Same over-the-top story/plot sequence in both of them. Boring!

                        ... and this is coming from a history teacher.
                        Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                        Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                          Before the Devil Knows Youre Dead is quite good. Excellent performances all around.
                          I want to see this so bad, goddammit.


                          worker bees can leave
                          even drones can fly away
                          the queen is their slave

                          themaninblack
                          15

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by hobbes2053 View Post
                            I think the only reason it's been such a struggle to get the movie made is the nature of it and the fact that there are huge wild things that Jonze or whoever wanted to be live-action instead of CGI. I really like that they insisted on not using computers to make up the wild things. It should make it twice as nice.
                            Didn't Warner Bros. make Jonze do a lot of the movie over again because it wasn't kid-friendly enough?? Can anyone back me up on this?

                            Comment


                            • Part 2 of the RAAAAAAAANDY documentary for "Funny People"

                              http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/831...-people#player

                              "He doesn't steal jokes...he improves them"

                              Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                              Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                              i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                              Originally posted by Job
                              NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

                              Comment


                              • Chris McDonald is doing a movie on my campus and I am not there to be part of the crew. :( My teacher for a few of the film classes knows him and he has decided to produce a movie with Chris in it. Chris Payne Gilbert is also in it. They filmed outside one of the library's on my campus yesterday.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information