Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
    Watching Escape from LA and i just found out that Carpenter is trying to either remake Escape from New York or a prequel, sweetness
    remake his own movie? lame. prequel? like it.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
      remake his own movie? lame. prequel? like it.
      A prequel wouldn't have Kurt Russell, so no go.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
        Watching Escape from LA and i just found out that Carpenter is trying to either remake Escape from New York or a prequel, sweetness
        Looking fwd. to this remake/prequel with slavering anticipation.....The lingering issue over Escape from NY (1980) was what to do about the World Trade Ctr. twin towers that aren't there anymore, they are crucial to the film b/c Snake Pleskin's glider lands there. I wonder if Carpenter will just pick another landing site or conveniently omit them.

I always thought the precondition for EFNY was the most realistic dystopic future scenario: After a global war or US economic collapse, crime in the US rises >400%. It's as believable as future LA in Bladerunner. Escape from LA sucked despite having the great Peter Fonda in it.

Freejack is a nearly forgotten film, box office bomb despite a cast including Mick Jagger & Anthony Hopkins with Emilio Estevez, an underrated scifi dystopic future premise too where the future mega-rich harvest healthy organs from the past to keep themselves alive forever. It's been copied in about 5 other films & TV series since.

Comment

• DVDrip for Gigantic hit the net today. Been waiting for it for a while. Paulo Dano and Zooey Deschanel topless=win.

Also, I watched an awesome little movie last night called Ghost Town. Greg Kinnear and Ricky Gervais. I thought it was hilarious.
          Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
          The APS is strong in this one.
          Originally posted by killxswitch
          Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• I also liked Ghost Town.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
            KO KNOWS

Comment

• One movie I definately wanna see is Invictus.Its produced and directed by Clint Eastwood and it'll star Morgan Freeman and Matt Damon.And its based off a novel written by John Carlin. It's out in theatres in December.
              This is the plot taken from wikipedia.

A look at Nelson Mandela (Morgan Freeman) from the fall of apartheid. The story is about Mandela's release from prison, his election as President of South Africa and his attempts to use the 1995 Rugby World Cup as a vehicle to bring his people together, after the fall of apartheid. Led by their captain Francois Pienaar (Matt Damon), the South African team wins the tournament, upsetting the favourites New Zealand 1512 in the final.
              "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

• Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                What about Hump Day or Winnebago Man?
                "I would watch Hump Day, but I really not a fan of any of the "mumblecore" crew."

there is your answer

Comment

• I wanted to see Ghost Town. Greg Kinnear is an extremely underrated actor and Ricky Gervais is one of my favorite comedians.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                  WHO DAT!

Comment

• Originally posted by jayceheathman View Post
                    Nothing beats hot european sex.
                    Ed Norton beats it with awesomeness.

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                      So true. I had a feeling this would be his short & limited career arc as a comedy actor after the overwhelming box office success of Pineapple Express & his interview on the Daily Show, he's someone with no college, no formal acting training & it shows. Rogen has Flavor of the Month written all over him.
                      You are judging his acting off of observe and report? I wouldn't read too much into it, other than maybe some lack of judgment on his part.

Rogen is very good at capturing the smoking circle banter and portraying it on the big screen. He does buddy films so well. He doesn't need acting lessons for comedies with limited character depth. I'm also not a fan of many actors that have stage experience, the stage is so much different than film. It is so much more contrived.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShutDwn View Post
                        You are judging his acting off of observe and report? I wouldn't read too much into it, other than maybe some lack of judgment on his part.

Rogen is very good at capturing the smoking circle banter and portraying it on the big screen. He does buddy films so well. He doesn't need acting lessons for comedies with limited character depth. I'm also not a fan of many actors that have stage experience, the stage is so much different than film. It is so much more contrived.
                        For me, I dont really care that he has no formal training. Lots of successful actors have no "formal" training. For me, he plays the same damn character in every movie and he just sits around looking confused every ******* movie. Then he spazzes out on someone, yells and spits, and makes a stoner joke. Thats it. And its not like you can avoid his movies either, cause he is in everything.

And it isnt like I havent given him enough chances. Normally, I can warm up to an actor if they show they are actually funny. I used to dislike Jason Segel, but now I actually enjoy seeing him on screen. Seth Rogen is not funny, he is just a big ugly oaf who for some reason has become popular.
                        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                        The APS is strong in this one.
                        Originally posted by killxswitch
                        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Sir Ridley Scott is doing an Alien prequel, awesome!

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

• There was an interesting interview with Timothy Hutton in the ppr the other day. He commented that Hollywood's crass moguls have become interested now in "only franchise films & comic book films," & that's true.

So all of filmdom has been polarized into art house low-budget "little movies" that do well at Sundance or Toronto Film fests, or blockbuster franchise films like Terminator or Star Wars that the moguls are drawn to b/c they don't have to shell out for TM rights -- for example, the too many Disney shameful self-promotions & recycling their own 35- & 40-yr-old movies (Herbie the talking VW, Flubber, Absentminded Professor, etc) & their themepark rides morphed into films like the dreadful Pirates of the Caribbean designated for the bowling alley strip mall theaters.

And they wonder why box office is down like 30% in a an awful global economy, could it possibly be the quality of the films they release? Naw ..... /sarcasm/

Comment

• Originally posted by nrk View Post
                              Sir Ridley Scott is doing an Alien prequel, awesome!
                              Whoa whoa whoa, AVP was a prequel...

in all seriousness, I am a HUGE Alien quadrilogy fan. So I will now spend time search for all I can read about it

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                                There was an interesting interview with Timothy Hutton in the ppr the other day. He commented that Hollywood's crass moguls have become interested now in "only franchise films & comic book films," & that's true.

So all of filmdom has been polarized into art house low-budget "little movies" that do well at Sundance or Toronto Film fests, or blockbuster franchise films like Terminator or Star Wars that the moguls are drawn to b/c they don't have to shell out for TM rights -- for example, the too many Disney shameful self-promotions & recycling their own 35- & 40-yr-old movies (Herbie the talking VW, Flubber, Absentminded Professor, etc) & their themepark rides morphed into films like the dreadful Pirates of the Caribbean designated for the bowling alley strip mall theaters.

And they wonder why box office is down like 30% in a an awful global economy, could it possibly be the quality of the films they release? Naw ..... /sarcasm/
                                Don't forget the million Will Ferrel movies with the same jokes and humor every time.

Originally posted by Brent View Post
                                Whoa whoa whoa, AVP was a prequel...

in all seriousness, I am a HUGE Alien quadrilogy fan. So I will now spend time search for all I can read about it
                                I don't think much is out. I just saw the announcement yesterday on G4TV.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information