Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nrk View Post
    I don't think much is out. I just saw the announcement yesterday on G4TV.
    Yeah, just that Jon Spaithts presented it to Scott and the studio, and that Scott really liked it. So who knows what it'll be like.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
      DVDrip for Gigantic hit the net today. Been waiting for it for a while. Paulo Dano and Zooey Deschanel topless=win.
      I don't really want to see Paul Dano topless.

Comment

• Awesomeness.
        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
        The APS is strong in this one.
        Originally posted by killxswitch
        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Awesomeness.
          "I'm his father. You're just the guy ******* his mom."

Such a great movie, Eckhart at his finest.

Comment

Awesomeness.
            Aaron Eckhart was ******* great in this movie. Such a great one.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
            WHO DAT!

Comment

• I almost forget how many people are in that movie. All that billing and they don't even have Simmons or Koechner listed. Both deserved it over Brody. Bitches.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
                I almost forget how many people are in that movie. All that billing and they don't even have Simmons or Koechner listed. Both deserved it over Brody. Bitches.
                Are you kidding? Brody is ******* hilarious in that movie. Not alot of screen time, but when he is in it, hes ******* gold.
                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• I honestly remember nothing about his role, which is why I said what I did.

Koechner was great in that one, too. Simmons was very prominent and fantastic, of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
                    I honestly remember nothing about his role, which is why I said what I did.

Koechner was great in that one, too. Simmons was very prominent and fantastic, of course.
                    Brody is super funny in the role of Jack.

Jack: I'm going to impale your mom on a spike and feed her dead body to my dog with syphilis.
                    Brad: Ha, you got me!
                    Jack: [to Nick and Joey Naylor] Inside joke.

And the messages he leaves on Eckharts answering machine are awesome.

Comment

• Watching this right now. Its hard to believe thats even Gary Oldman. But hes so awesome in the role. Doesnt even sound like his voice.

Comment

Brody is super funny in the role of Jack.

Jack: I'm going to impale your mom on a spike and feed her dead body to my dog with syphilis.
                        Brad: Ha, you got me!
                        Jack: [to Nick and Joey Naylor] Inside joke.

And the messages he leaves on Eckharts answering machine are awesome.
                        I dont know, I didnt think that convo was funny at all...just stupid. I wouldnt say he was terrible, he was pretty funny...but the guy is hella annoying.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                        KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by the decider13 View Post
                          Saw funny people today and freakin loved. Fantastic movie.

Really?

I was excited for it and I went to it Friday night....but I thought it sucked. Adam Sandler, Jonah Hill and Seth Rogen are 3 of my favorite comedians, but I felt like I was watching 2 different movies...1 of them was a damn good comedy, the other was a ******* terrible drama. They should have just made a comedy and done away with or atleast seriously reduced the love story. You get a bunch of comedians, and a comedy director doing a drama, and then throwing some comedy in for part of it.

Leslie Mann should never ever play a serious role. She's ok in comedies, but honestly this movie to me felt like Judd Apatow was trying to get his wife noticed as a serious actress by throwing a bunch of stars in a movie and giving her a big part....her characters role in the movie seemed forced, the whole story with her was WAY too long for the relevence it had to the plot.

I do hope they release the hours and hours of standup they filmed for the movie on blu Ray though, that would be awesome.
                          "Oh **** it's Kam, RUN!!!"

Comment

• David Koechner > Adam Brody

After watching the footage of the Kent State shootings, Bobby Jay, then seventeen, signed up for the National Guard so that he, too, could shoot college students.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

• Funny People was solid. Had great comedic moments obviously but I was more enthralled by the more poignant moments in the film. Sadler's character listening to that song, him having his moments with his parents and Leslie Mann's character, the scene where is looking for anybody to tell the good news and a few others seemed very real and not contrived at all. I really really loved the first part of the movie. Great stuff.

But I have to agree with some of the criticisms that say it turns into a whole different movie in the second half. To the point where you stop feeling sorry for Sadler's character and start to almost hate him and what he was doing. Destroying this great sympathetic character that they did a great job of building in the first half.

That said, I did enjoy it quite a bit and would recommend it.

Comment

• Originally posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
                                Really?

I was excited for it and I went to it Friday night....but I thought it sucked. Adam Sandler, Jonah Hill and Seth Rogen are 3 of my favorite comedians, but I felt like I was watching 2 different movies...1 of them was a damn good comedy, the other was a ******* terrible drama. They should have just made a comedy and done away with or atleast seriously reduced the love story. You get a bunch of comedians, and a comedy director doing a drama, and then throwing some comedy in for part of it.

Leslie Mann should never ever play a serious role. She's ok in comedies, but honestly this movie to me felt like Judd Apatow was trying to get his wife noticed as a serious actress by throwing a bunch of stars in a movie and giving her a big part....her characters role in the movie seemed forced, the whole story with her was WAY too long for the relevence it had to the plot.

I do hope they release the hours and hours of standup they filmed for the movie on blu Ray though, that would be awesome.
                                The drama was mediocre, but the comedy was gold. I felt that the comedy was definately enough to overshadow the so-so drama. I agree that Leslie Mann is not a fantastic serious actress, but the rest of the casting was great. I loved Eric Bana's part, Seth Rogen was great and I really liked Aubrey Plaza as well.

The one fatal flaw: not enough RAAAAAAAANDY

If they do have all the standup on the blu ray, I'll be getting it on the first day for sure.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
                                Originally posted by BaLLiN72
                                i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
                                Originally posted by Job
                                NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information