Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post

Awesomeness.
    "I did it for the mortgage," the ultimate yuppie cop out for absolute absent morality.

Eckhart turned in a great performance in that, one of the best black comedies ever. Ironic that he is a Mormon & BYU graduate, they hate smoking & he played a Big Tobacco lobbyist.

He was in Erin Brokovich too, a borderline worthless film that got Julia Roberts her Oscar, but the whole film was her in a tank top.... hey, you can always sell funbags & cleavage on the big screen.

And Raging Bull may be the best sports film of all time. DeNiro had to put on almost 80 lbs. for the role as the older washed-up Jake Lamotta.

Don't forget the million Will Ferrel movies with the same jokes and humor every time.
    Will Ferrell has become a film franchise in & of himself at this point, sometimes his characters work as in Ron Burgundy that's just plain lyao funny, & sometimes they bomb like in Night at the Roxbury, Blades of Steel or the Ballad of Rickey Bobby. He's the funniest actor to go into feature films from SNL since Eddie Murphy, but he seems to be falling into the same rut as his fellow SNL player Adam Sandler -- until lately they are playing variations of the same basic character, look how many films Sandler made replaying his Happy Gilmore character.
    Last edited by LizardState; 08-04-2009, 06:12 PM.

Comment

• funny people= dark comedy

sig by jkpigskin

Comment

• Originally posted by garrard9 View Post
        funny people= dark comedy
        Funny people= overlong movie with a poorly organized plot. However, Eric Bana is almost good enough to redeem the entire film.

Comment

• Just watched this, after being inspired by the top 25 movies of 2000's in the off topic section. Havent seen it since it first came out, such a great movie.

Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
          The APS is strong in this one.
          Originally posted by killxswitch
          Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• I just saw Taken and thought it was a pretty good movie.
            "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

• I loved thank you for smoking

Comment

• noice

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                  Just watched this, after being inspired by the top 25 movies of 2000's in the off topic section. Havent seen it since it first came out, such a great movie.

That's a fantastic movie; thought-provoking. As philosopher Robert Plant said: "ooooooh it makes me wonder."

by BoneKrusher
                  <DG> how metal unseen
                  <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post

noice
                    I feel like I should have paid money to watch that trailer. very nice.

Comment

• Saoirse Ronan is a very, very good young actress. Impressed me a lot in Atonement. Looking forward to this movie.

Comment

• Far from the worst movie Ive seen in a while. Fun, if cliched, underdog story. MARKY MARK!
                        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                        The APS is strong in this one.
                        Originally posted by killxswitch
                        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Marky Mark+ the Eagles can never fail.

Just got back from funny people and I really enjoyed it. It was long, but I felt like it kept it's flow the whole way through.

Comment

• Originally posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
                            I just saw Taken and thought it was a pretty good movie.
                            I was disappointed in the movie.

Comment

• Just watched Layer Cake and have to say it was quite awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChezPower4 View Post
                                Just watched Layer Cake and have to say it was quite awesome.
                                Yes it was. Can't wait for Kick-Ass.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information