No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did read the novel, but im not a "follow the book exactly" type of person.
    except with xmen, god did they ruin those movies for me.

PM me for sigs.

Comment

• Originally posted by StackJaxx View Post
      I did read the novel, but im not a "follow the book exactly" type of person.
      except with xmen, god did they ruin those movies for me.
      I used to be a huge comic *****, and I greatly enjoyed the first 2 Xmen movies. They stuck close to the comics and had some great casting choices and awesome action. The Nightcrawler whitehouse scene to open the 2nd film is one of my favorite action sequences ever. And I loved what they did with Rogue in the first film, although I was pissed when they phased her out in the later 2.

My biggest problem with Watchmen was the casting of Matthew Goode as Ozymandias. I felt that was a terrible choice.
      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
      The APS is strong in this one.
      Originally posted by killxswitch
      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
        I used to be a huge comic *****, and I greatly enjoyed the first 2 Xmen movies. They stuck close to the comics and had some great casting choices and awesome action. The Nightcrawler whitehouse scene to open the 2nd film is one of my favorite action sequences ever. And I loved what they did with Rogue in the first film, although I was pissed when they phased her out in the later 2.

My biggest problem with Watchmen was the casting of Matthew Goode as Ozymandias. I felt that was a terrible choice.
        i have those huge ass x men books like 400 pages each.
        i only have huge problems with rogue, iceman and phoenix.
        rogue is supposed to be older and hating the xmen at first, bobby shouldnt be a big deal and should be older, and i wanted to see the phoenix as she should be. the one who destroyed an entire galaxy, and had to kill herself so she wouldnt wreck the whole universe. also, more colossus would have been great.
        i wanted to see apocalypse. that saga would have been epic.
        was ozy supposed to be ***? cause i got that vibe so strongly, and i mean i figure they would have just come out and said it.
        the casting was sorta sketchy, but on the whole it wasnt terrible.

PM me for sigs.

Comment

• In the novel, its commented upon that he could be *** by Rorschach, but Rorschach is also a bit off, and nothing is ever confirmed. My biggest complaint was with his appearance. Ozymandias was supposed to be this huge, intimidating, viking looking mofo, and instead, we got wimpy little Matthew Goode, who, dont get me wrong, I think is a great actor, just a bad choice for the role.

Also, I just want to say, Jeremy Piven and the ending scene in Smokin Aces more then compensate for the overall mediocrity of the film. Id watch the entire thing just to see that ending if I had to. Ryan Reynolds=awesome.
          Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• I was gravely disappointed in Funny People. Needed much more Raaaaaaaandy. Judd Apatow needs to; learn how to write an interesting female character, stop casting his awful wife, and including his children in his movies.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
              In the novel, its commented upon that he could be *** by Rorschach, but Rorschach is also a bit off, and nothing is ever confirmed. My biggest complaint was with his appearance. Ozymandias was supposed to be this huge, intimidating, viking looking mofo, and instead, we got wimpy little Matthew Goode, who, dont get me wrong, I think is a great actor, just a bad choice for the role.

Also, I just want to say, Jeremy Piven and the ending scene in Smokin Aces more then compensate for the overall mediocrity of the film. Id watch the entire thing just to see that ending if I had to. Ryan Reynolds=awesome.
              i totally think thor, instead of the skinny dude that goode is.
              ryan reynolds' badassery to finish that movie is so epic.
              my favorite part of that movie is how com kills the skinheads while still in cuffs.

PM me for sigs.

Comment

• Originally posted by HChu View Post
                I was gravely disappointed in Funny People. Needed much more Raaaaaaaandy. Judd Apatow needs to; learn how to write an interesting female character, stop casting his awful wife, and including his children in his movies.
                I haven't seen Funny People, but nothing that I have seen would lead me to call Leslie Mann "awful"

Comment

• Originally posted by HChu View Post
                  I was gravely disappointed in Funny People. Needed much more Raaaaaaaandy. Judd Apatow needs to; learn how to write an interesting female character, stop casting his awful wife, and including his children in his movies.
                  Leslie Mann is not awful. You're awful.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                    Leslie Mann is not awful. You're awful.
                    Yes, with a script that's written by someone who can't write interesting female characters, she is awful.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Leslie Mann is awesome and his kids are fine in their roles, from what I've seen.

Haven't watched Funny People yet though.

Comment

• I'm just saying, in a movie where in all the pre-release interviews, Apatow was saying he had so much good stand-up material, but didn't have enough time in the movie to use it. There were a couple scenes that were entirely centered around his family, that in the grand scheme of things meant nothing to advancing the storyline.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• I feel like I should hate 8 Mile alot more then I do. But I dont. I like it. AHHHHHHH

Comment

• Saw Donnie Darko today. Hadn't seen it in a long time and forgot how much I really like that movie.

Comment

• Leslie Mann is awesome, next case!

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Leslie Mann needs to stick to comedic roles...she's not a serious actress. She was awful in Funny People.
                                Last edited by XxXdragonXxX; 08-05-2009, 10:57 PM.
                                "Oh **** it's Kam, RUN!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information