Just watched it today, ubber good.
    YES. This wins.

worker bees can leave
    even drones can fly away
    the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
      He didn't really do all that much to be terrible, and he was fun enough when he was on screen. The movie isn't anything special but it's a nice piece of summer entertainment. Better than the awful beyond belief Transformers 2.

And the new Where the Wild Things Are trailer is online and awesome.
      I can't find the new trailer :(

...but I did find this:

worker bees can leave
      even drones can fly away
      the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

• i just came back from 500 days, i really liked it. it was humorous, but at the same time it was ******* depressing. i might have liked it more, because they used downtown LA, and made it a part of the film, also the references to the kind of music that i like.

i'm in love with zooey, but her character is very true to life, so it makes you hate her for a second or 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by hobbes2053 View Post
          I can't find the new trailer :(

...but I did find this:
          http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808412037/video/14932815

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• I just found it and watched it. I now need a new pair of boxers.

worker bees can leave
            even drones can fly away
            the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

• Just saw Fight Club for the first time. Very good movie. Now about to watch either Coraline or Kung Fu Hustle.
              Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Jackie Brown & Reservoir Dogs

Originally posted by hobbes2053 View Post
                Reservoir Dogs is awesome, but Jackie Brown is better IMO.
                Jackie Brown is a 5 yrs. later Tarantino ('97) vintage so it s/b better. JB is a polished thriller storyline with distinctly drawn characters brilliantly performed, while Reservoir Dogs is a raw ensemble cast crime story/whodunit from Tarantino when he was still young & right out of that LA video store.

The cohesion of the team in RD is more important than the individuals, & with no love among thieves, the stress between all those in the interplay between the ensemble after the robbery really makes it a compelling dramatic & worthwhile film, I've never heard anyone say anything negative about Jackie BrownRD is also a more performance-driven too, relatively young actors like Roth & Madsen at the time mixed with grizzled vets like Keitel made a great cast, you're just transfixed by these performances on a bare bones minimal stage. RD had a better hook too - --(SPOILER ALERT --> hook = who's the mole among the Dogs, & oh yeah there's torture scene set to pop music that is only topped by Bale/Patrick Bateman in American Psycho, maybe that's where they got the idea originally). It has a classic Temptations/Motown soundtrack too

Nobody writes better crime characters than Elmore Leonard, though Ellroy & Crumley came close among post-mod crime fictionalists IMO, the film Jackie Brown is so very razoredge close to Leonard's original text. It's well cast, Robert Forster & Pam Grier give career performances, & Sam L. Jackson established the role model for the badass lethal ************ character in Odell that he would do in a variation for Tarantino later in Pulp Fiction -- Odell is still nightmare-scary in his own right, one of the best stone killers ever done in filmdom. Hell yeah, it's one of my personal faves, I give it 4 stars ****. Rent it asap if you havent seen it.
                Last edited by LizardState; 08-09-2009, 10:47 AM.

Comment

• I'm thinking about going to see Funny People tonight. Is it worth paying $8.50 for?

Comment

• Originally posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
                    I'm thinking about going to see Funny People tonight. Is it worth paying $8.50 for?

no, rent it, that's what I plan to do

Comment

I'm thinking about going to see Funny People tonight. Is it worth paying $8.50 for?
                      I really enjoyed it after people here tempered my excitement. I enjoyed all parts of the movie. It got awkward and weird, but that was part of the point.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

Unless it's some rare showing, no movie is ever worth that.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• If you're coming to the point where you're asking whether it's worth the money or not, it's not worth it. And personally, I don't think it is.
                          Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

• Reservoir Dogs I think is better than Jackie Brown. Raw and Low Budge, but more classic and there are a lot of lines in that movie that are more memorable. I don't tip.

Comment

• Reservoir Dogs is head and shoulders above Jackie Brown.
                              Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                              The APS is strong in this one.
                              Originally posted by killxswitch
                              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• I prefer Jackie Brown to Reservoir Dogs.. but I do want to watch Reservoir Dogs again.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information