Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
    Is it just me or did it seem like the point of that trailer was, "Get as much Heath Ledger as possible in there." Maybe it's just me. It was kind of eerie how similar Johnny Depp looked to him though. There were a couple of scenes were I couldn't tell at first.
    This is from the movie's Wikipedia page:
    Ledger's death one-third of the way through filming caused production to be temporarily suspended.[1] Ledger's role was recast with Johnny Depp, Jude Law, and Colin Farrell portraying transformations of Ledger's character Tony as he travels through a dream world.

worker bees can leave
    even drones can fly away
    the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

• Watching this. Forgot how good it is.
      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
      The APS is strong in this one.
      Originally posted by killxswitch
      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
        well, he is the main character.
        Never mind then. Thought I had read were he was a secondary character that didn't even come in until halfway through the movie. Guess I read false info.
        Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
        RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Just watched Little Miss Sunshine again. The dance scene at the end is freakin hilarious.

Comment

• Just rented & saw The Fountain last night, am I alone in this but was Aronofsky heavily channeling the storyline from Arthur C. Clarke's novel basis for & Stanley Kubrick's brilliant cinematography for 2001: A Space Odyssey? It's all 100% Aronofsky, he wrote the script & directed it, but there is a strong 2001: ASO influence.

Lots of the staging, dramatic irony, revealing an eternal enigma on the meaning of life, & whole scenes of it seem like they were lifted right out of 2001, which was a film classic but 1968 was a helluva long time ago.....the one-liner taken from a review on the DVD box said it was heartbreaking & mind-blowing at the same time, & that is certainly true. 2001 was state of the art for its FX back in '68, this is several generations of CG afterward.

Profoundly thoughty, philosophical highbrow film, I give it 3 stars ***.
            Last edited by LizardState; 08-12-2009, 12:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post

this has potential.
              I will see this film.

Originally posted by fenikz
              His soft D really turns me off
              ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae-KC View Post
                I will see this film.
                Me as well. Watching this now:

worker bees can leave
                even drones can fly away
                the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                  I prefer Jackie Brown to Reservoir Dogs.. but I do want to watch Reservoir Dogs again.
                  I enjoyed Reservoir Dogs more the second time. It's definitely worth giving another shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                    I enjoyed Reservoir Dogs more the second time. It's definitely worth giving another shot.
                    Reservoir Dogs is light-years ahead of Jackie Brown.

Comment

• Originally posted by fondoffilm View Post
                      There's no question the Dogs is much better than Jackie Brown but I think JB is underrated. Of all the Tarrantino movies, its always viewed as the biggest flop but I like the storyline and the characters were very good. It wasn't a great movie but it was definitely entertaining.

Comment

• Originally posted by fondoffilm View Post
                        This man knows. To be perfectly honest, Ive seen Reservoir Dogs more times then Pulp, because while it may not be as impressive cinematically, I find it to be a more enjoyable watch. Mr. Blonde is awesomeness.
                        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post

Watching this. Forgot how good it is.
                          Watched that last night.

Masterpiece.

I have to watch Donnie Brasco again to see which performance I prefer of Depp (Not really a fan of his makeup soaked performances, or really anything with Burton's name on it). Blow is definitely one of my favorite movies though. Not quite on the level of Scarface or Goodfellas, but damn close.
                          Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
                          Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
                          I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
                          Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                          iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
                          Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
                          I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
                          Originally posted by GoRavens
                          Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigBanger View Post
                            Not quite on the level of Scarface or Goodfellas, but damn close.
                            Scarface is not in Goodfellas league. Overrated. Good, but way overrated.

Comment

• Blow is definitely good. I dont know if Id call it a masterpiece, nor do I have it as one of Depp's more powerful performances. Hes quite good in it, but you are talking about someone who gives a knockout performance in almost everything hes in. As far as his best performance goes, I love him in both Ed Wood and the first Pirates of the Caribbean. Say what you will about the latter, but its wildly entertaining and is one of the most pleasant surprises Ive ever had walking out of a theatre.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                                Scarface is not in Goodfellas league. Overrated. Good, but way overrated.
                                I despise Scarface so I agree that it's overrated.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information