No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watched this last night. Another really good Quentin Tarantino film.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
      Scarface is not in Goodfellas league. Overrated. Good, but way overrated.
      It's only, like, the most influential crime / gang / drug movie ever created...

Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
      I despise Scarface so I agree that it's overrated.
      I did not know this opinion even existed.
      Last edited by BigBanger; 08-09-2009, 04:16 PM.
      Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
      Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
      I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
      Originally posted by bearsfan_51
      iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
      Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
      I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
      Originally posted by GoRavens
      Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigBanger View Post
        It's only, like, the most influential crime / gang / drug movie ever created...

I did not know this opinion even existed.
        the 1st one, not the remake.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saints 4 Lyfe View Post
          the 1st one, not the remake.
          Oh yeah, the first Scarface was pretty gosh darn good.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
            Blow is definitely good. I dont know if Id call it a masterpiece, nor do I have it as one of Depp's more powerful performances. Hes quite good in it, but you are talking about someone who gives a knockout performance in almost everything hes in. As far as his best performance goes, I love him in both Ed Wood and the first Pirates of the Caribbean. Say what you will about the latter, but its wildly entertaining and is one of the most pleasant surprises Ive ever had walking out of a theatre.
            He was pretty freaking good in Edward Scissorhands too. He barely had any dialogue yet it was an excellent performance.

Comment

• Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas is by far one of my favorite Depp performances. One of my all-time favorite movies.

Comment

• Best Depp performance:

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Obviously his best performance.

Comment

• YES. This was the first time I've seen this and it was excellent. Although, I wanted to stab that red-headed kid who snitched. Other than that, huge win.

worker bees can leave
                    even drones can fly away
                    the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by hobbes2053 View Post

YES. This was the first time I've seen this and it was excellent. Although, I wanted to stab that red-headed kid who snitched. Other than that, huge win.
                      My English teachers in 9th and 11th grade made us watch that movie. I didn't have problem with it because it's a very good movie.

Comment

• Robin Williams is awesome. Very good actor, in all respects. Sure, he has some duds like everyone else, but hes one of the few actors who can transfer back and forth between that very ridiculous physical style of comedy and excellent dramatic performances.

Anyways, watching a very nice little movie right now called Intermission. Irish movie. Very enjoyable. I recommend it to all. Colin Farrell and Cillian Murphy are two of my favorite actors, and its nice to see Murphy using his natural accent again. Oh, and Kelley McDonald can do no wrong.

Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                        The APS is strong in this one.
                        Originally posted by killxswitch
                        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                          Robin Williams is awesome. Very good actor, in all respects. Sure, he has some duds like everyone else, but hes one of the few actors who can transfer back and forth between that very ridiculous physical style of comedy and excellent dramatic performances.

Anyways, watching a very nice little movie right now called Intermission. Irish movie. Very enjoyable. I recommend it to all. Colin Farrell and Cillian Murphy are two of my favorite actors, and its nice to see Murphy using his natural accent again. Oh, and Kelley McDonald can do no wrong.

Intermisson was a great movie, Colin Ferrell, Cillian Murphy, & Colm Meaney were all fantastic in that movie

Comment

• Speaking of awesome movies.. Who Framed Roger Rabbit is spectacular!

Comment

• has anyone seen this spectacular masterpiece?

Comment

• Greatest moment in any comedy ever?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information