Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post

Watched this tonight for the first time. Masterful. I was blown away. It was long, and definitely a bit slow, but just a fantastic film all around. Pitt and Affleck were both magnificent, and Rockwell had alot more screen time then I imagined, and he was great as usual. Overall, a great piece of modern cinema, and alot better then I was expecting.
    agreed. i watched it one night not knowing what to expect and was blown away myself.

fwiw this is a top 5 movie scene for me.

Last edited by Saints 4 Lyfe; 08-12-2009, 02:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
      I've said it before and we all love Bale in it...but, just think if Dicaprio actually did take that role when he was offered it. That would have been real interesting. And Bale in Titanic instead. lol.
      It would be hands down DiCaprio' worst performance. It would be a joke to see that boy walking around in a suit... almost at his current age, let alone doing those insane over-the-top murder sequences. That pretty boy face is the only thing holding him back from being one of the top 5 actors (Since he's often unconvincing in his tough guy roles), and he should be since he can get any part he wants, and, not mention, he works with Martin Scorsese. Bale is the epitome of perfection in American Psycho.

The Assassination of Jesse James by Coward Robert is one of my five greatest movies ever made. I just bought it recently and I have been putting it off. One of the few movies that stuck with for months after seeing it. Pitt and Affleck are incredible. Paul Schneider and Sam Rockwell and also great in their supporting roles. Jeremy Renner is also very good in his limited time, but Dick Liddil is one of my favorite supporting characters in any film. The score is one of my absolute favorites. I think I watched 4 times in 4 days when it first came out and I grew to love it more and more with each viewing. I would have watched it if it was 4 hours.
      Last edited by BigBanger; 08-12-2009, 05:28 PM.
      Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
      Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
      I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
      Originally posted by bearsfan_51
      iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
      Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
      I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
      Originally posted by GoRavens
      Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post

Watched this tonight for the first time. Masterful. I was blown away. It was long, and definitely a bit slow, but just a fantastic film all around. Pitt and Affleck were both magnificent, and Rockwell had alot more screen time then I imagined, and he was great as usual. Overall, a great piece of modern cinema, and alot better then I was expecting.
        It was my favorite movie of 2007.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Just watched this again. Always felt it was a little overrated. It received alot of acclaim, and besides Giamatti's performance, I was never really all that impressed by anything in the film.
          Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
          The APS is strong in this one.
          Originally posted by killxswitch
          Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• And there you go breaking our string of agreements.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Kurt Russell is so freaking awesome as Stuntman Mike.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
                Kurt Russell is so freaking awesome as Captain Ron.
                Damn right.

Comment

Kurt Russell is so freaking awesome as Stuntman Mike.
                  Whenever someone mentions Kurt Russel my mind immediately shifts to the Imaginationland South Park Trilogy.......so classic. Woodland Critters ftw.
                  When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

Kurt Russell is so freaking awesome as Snake Plissken.
                    Damn right.

Comment

• District 9. Currently, 28 fresh to 1 rotten review on rottentomatoes. Anyone seeing it on Firday? I'm def. seeing it in theatres but, it wont be this week, I'm sure.

Rottentomatoes consensus:

Technically brilliant and socially poignant, District 9 has action, imagination, and all the elements of a thoroughly entertaining science-fiction classic.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                      KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                        Whenever someone mentions Kurt Russel my mind immediately shifts to the Imaginationland South Park Trilogy.......so classic. Woodland Critters ftw.
                        That's on right now, actually. The first part.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                        KO KNOWS

Comment

Kurt Russell is so freaking awesome as RJ MacReady.
                          Yep, this is right.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
                            Yep, this is right.
                            God damn right.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                              District 9. Currently, 28 fresh to 1 rotten review on rottentomatoes. Anyone seeing it on Firday? I'm def. seeing it in theatres but, it wont be this week, I'm sure.

Rottentomatoes consensus:

Technically brilliant and socially poignant, District 9 has action, imagination, and all the elements of a thoroughly entertaining science-fiction classic.
                              The one negative review came from a guy who also gave negative reviews to films such as Star Trek, Up, The Hangover, 500 Days of Summer, Public Enemies, Bruno, Harry Potter and Funny People. At the same time he's given positive reviews to movies such as G.I. Joe, Transformers 2, Land of the Lost, Dance Flick and Terminator Salvation. Hmmmmmm............
                              Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                              RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Hahaha that guy should be put down.
                                Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                                The APS is strong in this one.
                                Originally posted by killxswitch
                                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information