Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
    District 9 opened up #1 over the weekend.. It made $37 Million. The budget was $30 million, which means District 9 should be very profitable.

The Goods opened at #6 and made $5.3 Million. Flop!

Speaking of flops, Funny People is already out of the Top 10. It was only there for what.. 2 weeks? On a $70 Million budget it only made around $40 million. Too bad. Hopefully Apatow goes back to making better, and shorter, comedies with around a $30 Million budget.
    Makes me sad, I liked funny people. I shall still buy the dvd!!

BTW, who is interested in Extract? Mike Judge, Jason Bateman, Kristin Wiig, Mila Kunis and Ben Affleck. What's not to like about that? Besides Affleck, but he actually looks pretty funny in it.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
    Originally posted by BaLLiN72
    i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
    Originally posted by Job
    NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
      Just a reminder...

we're only a few days away from seeing James Cameron's Avatar's trailer and Inception's teaser trailer. Both are expected to be brought to light this week. Avatar has a trailer debuting online on Thursday and Inception will be seen in front of Inglourious Basterds. (spelling it like that is beyond annoying)
      I'm dieing to see what $999 billion looks like on film. But seriously, after all the hype about all the innovations and "revolutionary technologies" used in the movie, this thing better be the sexiest thing to ever bless a theater screen. And I mean in that in the most literal sense, I better not have pants on by the end of the film.

Comment

• Originally posted by the decider13 View Post

BTW, who is interested in Extract? Mike Judge, Jason Bateman, Kristin Wiig, Mila Kunis and Ben Affleck. What's not to like about that? Besides Affleck, but he actually looks pretty funny in it.
        I am. I think it could be hilarious, but that may be my liking of Batemen ala AD.

Finally saw this. I enjoyed it. That is all.

worker bees can leave
        even drones can fly away
        the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by the decider13 View Post

How do you hate on Ben Affleck? Hes awesome. Hes in so many good movies.

And Extract looks awesome. Mike Judge can do no wrong. Even though I didnt enjoy Idiocracy nearly as much as I thought I would, Office Space's epic greatness makes up for that. And you forgot to include JK Simmons in your list! Hes as funny as anyone you mentioned.
          Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
          The APS is strong in this one.
          Originally posted by killxswitch
          Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by hobbes2053 View Post

Finally saw this. I enjoyed it. That is all.
            "SLAPPA DA BASS MON!!!!!!!!!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Saints 4 Lyfe View Post
              i'll have to check but im pretty sure it was a limited release.

"Dawson's Creek. James Van Der Beek my ****."

"Hey superbad eyes up here"

lol

According to Adam McKay is was wide release, however it only opened in three area theatres by me, and I live in NY. Also I think it's hard to call a flop when it opens next to District 9.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
                According to Adam McKay is was wide release, however it only opened in three area theatres by me, and I live in NY. Also I think it's hard to call a flop when it opens next to District 9.
                ahh ok thanks.

fwiw i think Mass Effect would make a kick ass movie.

Comment

• You're killing your father Larry
                  "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Great movie character of all time?

I think so.

You are an inspiration to us all Cosmo. ************ lived such a wonderful life.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                      Great movie character of all time?

I think so.

You are an inspiration to us all Cosmo. ************ lived such a wonderful life.
                      A little pill, a little coke, a little dope? I have everything!

Comment

• Those two make up my favorite movie couple of all time.

Comment

Those two make up my favorite movie couple of all time.
                          Ha, when I read this, I definitely did not expect to go back and discover it to be Rahad and Cosmo.
                          But I'm glad that it was.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
                            Ha, when I read this, I definitely did not expect to go back and discover it to be Rahad and Cosmo.
                            But I'm glad that it was.
                            Hahahaha. God I love those guys. If they allowed me to not take part in the *** sex I would even watch just to be able to hang out with them. Todd Parker is an asshole for what he did. I love how he whines about what he 'came here to do'. **** I love that scene.

Comment

Hahahaha. God I love those guys. If they allowed me to not take part in the *** sex I would even watch just to be able to hang out with them. Todd Parker is an asshole for what he did. I love how he whines about what he 'came here to do'. **** I love that scene.

And Jessie's Girl starts ringing in my ears

Comment

• I don't think I've ever liked a movie more the second time I saw it as compared to the first than Boogie Nights.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information