Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post


    Quentin Tarantino's 20 Favorite movies since 92'/since he became a director

    #1 Battle Royale

    The rest is in alphabetical order.

    Anything Else
    Audition
    The Blade (Dao, not the Wesley Snipes movie)
    Boogie Nights
    Dazed & Confused
    Dogville
    Fight Club
    Friday
    The Host
    The Insider
    Joint Security Area
    Lost In Translation
    The Matrix
    Memories of Murder
    Police Story 3 (aka Supercop)
    Shaun of the Dead
    Speed
    Team America: World Police
    Unbreakable

    Discuss.
    There's some good movies on his list but where the **** is Oldboy? I still think he's a giant speed addicted douchebag (although I like all of his movies not named Death Proof) and the list is meh.


    RIP TheManInBlack

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
      There's some good movies on his list but where the **** is Oldboy? I still think he's a giant speed addicted douchebag (although I like all of his movies not named Death Proof) and the list is meh.
      Yeah, I thought Oldboy would be on his list too.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
        Yeah, I thought Oldboy would be on his list too.
        I don't think he wanted to put any director on the list twice. That has to me that Joint Security Area is a really good movie which I hope is the case because I am acquiring it now. Either that or Tarantino is a pretentious prick who wanted to go obscure to seem more worldly. Both scenarios seem very plausible to me.

        Comment


        • Just watched the trailer for Battle Royale and that movie looks ******* crazy.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
            Just watched the trailer for Battle Royale and that movie looks ******* crazy.
            if you (or any one else for that matter) haven't seen it: what the **** are you waiting for?

            Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Brent View Post
              if you (or any one else for that matter) haven't seen it: what the **** are you waiting for?
              For it to reach the top of my Netflix queue. Currently at 22 & 23 behind Police Story, Police Story 2 and New Police Story.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                For it to reach the top of my Netflix queue. Currently at 22 & 23 behind Police Story, Police Story 2 and New Police Story.
                haha fair enough. I think that was all based on Joseph Wambaugh's novels.

                Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

                Comment


                • I actually haven't watched Battle Royale yet. I've had it "acquired" for nearly 3 years, I've known of it much longer but never got my hands on it. I have a ton of DVD's and "acquired" movies that I need to watch.

                  I'm gonna try to watch it in the next few days though.

                  Comment


                  • does anyone know if they are making a House of Leaves movie? or at least one based on The Navidson Record part of the book.

                    Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

                    Comment


                    • Kind of surprised to see such an overwhelming reaction to District 9.

                      I have about 10 family and/or friends who have seen it, and they thought it was either confusing or simply bad, and in most cases both. A few even hated it, like down right hated it. Most of them fall into the average movie-going type that simply went to see it because it was the most anticipated movie of the week. I wouldn't say the reviews were as bad as Funny People -- one of my friends told me it's one of the worst movies of the decade -- which literally made me not go, since so many people told me it was so unfunny, but they were pretty much in agreement that District 9 was a below average movie. Good to see it get a lot of positive reviews, especially from critics (from what I've read). I'll probably have to wait for the DVD though.

                      Tried to watch Dune. Simply put: one of the most grotesque and off putting movies I've ever seen. I hated the **** out of it. For someone who it watched solely because of David Lynch' name, I couldn't even tell you it was Lynch who made it. Sci-Fi is not my genre and I hate seeing weird looking people in space (i.e. a bald woman or a guy with orange hair, or a big ******* talking squid-looking-thing... hate that ****) or hobits and **** like that, so I quickly knew this movie was simply not for me.

                      Took that out after about 30 minutes figuring that its not worth another second of my precious life, so I plugged in Zack and Miri Make a Porno, and it's one of the better comedies of the decade. I really can't stand Seth Rogen, and, unfortunately, he's in every goddamn movie currently being made, usually sticking his big, fat goofy face in for just long enough to ruin a scene or the momentum of the movie, but I didn't mind him even though he was the biggest problem with the movie. I do have mildly high expectations for Observe and Report since it was the funniest trailer I've seen in a while... mostly because of Anna Faris, who is probably the funniest chick in Hollywood. Elizabeth Banks is probably #2.

                      Justin Long and Jason Mewes steal the show in just about every scene they're in, and Long gives one of he best comedic supporting performances I've ever seen. I don't think it was better than Brad Pitt in Burn After Reading, but I was pretty much laughing throughout the course of his 7 to 10 minute screen time. Comedy gold, and they should have probably found a way to elongate that scene if possible. I think the last 30 minutes of the film are pure perfection. Of course, Seth Rogen, could never create that kind of attraction from a women such as Elizabeth Banks unless he was throwing money out of his pockets, but she does a hell of a job of acting like he could be mildly tolerable, but I don't know about Dutch Ruttering him for the rest of their lives, so that might be the only problem with the movie. That and some parts of the movie seemed forced, especially the extremely graphic talk about ******* flashlights... it was slightly funny at first, but they just kept going on and on with it, that it became annoying and kind of embarrassing. I think they thought it would be funny to hear a girl talk about masturbating so openly... it wasn't... not that its original or anything. A lot of great supporting performances.
                      Last edited by BigBanger; 08-18-2009, 11:27 PM.
                      Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      I honestly believe Reggie Bush has turned into exactly the type of player I envisioned.
                      Originally posted by PossibleCabbage
                      I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
                      Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                      iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
                      Originally posted by GatorsBullsFan
                      I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
                      Originally posted by GoRavens
                      Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by BigBanger View Post
                        Kind of surprised to see such an overwhelming reaction to District 9.

                        I have about 10 family and/or friends who have seen it, and they thought it was either confusing or simply bad, and in most cases both. A few even hated it, like down right hated it. Most of them fall into the average movie-going type that simply went to see it because it was the most anticipated movie of the week. I wouldn't say the reviews were as bad as Funny People -- one of my friends told me it's one of the worst movies of the decade -- which literally made me not go, since so many people told me it was so unfunny, but they were pretty much in agreement that District 9 was a below average movie. Good to see it get a lot of positive reviews, especially from critics (from what I've read). I'll probably have to wait for the DVD though.

                        Tried to watch Dune. Simply put: one of the most grotesque and off putting movies I've ever seen. I hated the **** out of it. For someone who it watched solely because of David Lynch' name, I couldn't even tell you it was Lynch who made it. Sci-Fi is not my genre and I hate seeing weird looking people in space (i.e. a bald woman or a guy with orange hair, or a big ******* talking squid-looking-thing... hate that ****) or hobits and **** like that, so I quickly knew this movie was simply not for me.

                        Took that out after about 30 minutes figuring that its not worth another second of my precious life, so I plugged in Zack and Miri Make a Porno, and it's one of the better comedies of the decade. I really can't stand Seth Rogen, and, unfortunately, he's in every goddamn movie currently being made, usually sticking his big, fat goofy face in for just long enough to ruin a scene or the momentum of the movie, but I didn't mind him even though he was the biggest problem with the movie. I do have mildly high expectations for Observe and Report since it was the funniest trailer I've seen in a while... mostly because of Anna Faris, who is probably the funniest chick in Hollywood. Elizabeth Banks is probably #2.

                        Justin Long and Jason Mewes steal the show in just about every scene they're in, and Long gives one of he best comedic supporting performances I've ever seen. I don't think it was better than Brad Pitt in Burn After Reading, but I was pretty much laughing throughout the course of his 7 to 10 minute screen time. Comedy gold, and they should have probably found a way to elongate that scene if possible. I think the last 30 minutes of the film are pure perfection. Of course, Seth Rogen, could never create that kind of attraction from a women such as Elizabeth Banks unless he was throwing money out of his pockets, but she does a hell of a job of acting like he could be mildly tolerable, but I don't know about Dutch Ruttering him for the rest of their lives, so that might be the only problem with the movie. That and some parts of the movie seemed forced, especially the extremely graphic talk about ******* flashlights... it was slightly funny at first, but they just kept going on and on with it, that it became annoying and kind of embarrassing. I think they thought it would be funny to hear a girl talk about masturbating so openly... it wasn't... not that its original or anything. A lot of great supporting performances.
                        Probably the smartest thing you have ever said in this thread. I hate Rogen with a passion. That said, you are right in saying Zack and Miri is by far his least annoying performance. Maybe its because he doesnt make *** ass pot smoking comments every 2 minutes during it. Thats so annoying.

                        Oh, and Observe and Report was atrocious.
                        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                        The APS is strong in this one.
                        Originally posted by killxswitch
                        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                          Probably the smartest thing you have ever said in this thread. I hate Rogen with a passion. That said, you are right in saying Zack and Miri is by far his least annoying performance. Maybe its because he doesnt make *** ass pot smoking comments every 2 minutes during it. Thats so annoying.

                          Oh, and Observe and Report was atrocious.
                          I want to kick you in the balls.


                          RIP TheManInBlack

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                            I want to kick you in the balls.
                            I want to slap your face off of your face.
                            Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                            The APS is strong in this one.
                            Originally posted by killxswitch
                            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                              I want to slap your face off of your face.
                              no one likes you.

                              Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Brent View Post
                                no one likes you.
                                no one likes you!
                                Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                                The APS is strong in this one.
                                Originally posted by killxswitch
                                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information