Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SuperMcgee View Post
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I just don't see how someone can think Tommy Lee Jones "added nothing to the movie"
    He added excellent acting for sure, but there were alot of times during the movie where I was like...why is his character here?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
      I just watched Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. What an amazing movie.

I also watched Garden State recently. Good movie as well.

Do you have any other recommendations for movies like those? Good ol funny romantic comedies that make you feel all fuzzy at the end.
      both of them are great movies. try paul thomas anderson's magnolia, its a lil long, about 3 hours, but it goes by really quickly because of a great story, great characterization and great acting. it is sort of a similar type of film to those two.

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

• I don't know how many people have seen 10th and Wolf...but it's a gangster movie with James Marsden and Giovanni Ribsi...both do a pretty good job acting wise but it reminded me a little too much of Goodfellas...but not as good...

it's supposed to be a true story about the FBI agent Donnie Brasco....also a very good movie...the remake...

Comment

• Originally posted by comahan View Post
          Another Hobbit tidbit.

"Two "HOBBIT" films are scheduled to be shot simultaneously, similar to how the three "LORD OF THE RINGS" films were made. Production is set to begin in 2009 with a released planned for 2010, with the sequel scheduled for a 2011 release."

"The rumour I hear is the second movie is going to be THE WHITE COUNCIL. And it's going to focus on when Gandalf left the Dwarves after Beorn's (and joined with the rest of the White Council) and drove out the Necromancer (Sauron) from Dul Gunder in Southern Mirkwood."

So, whats rumored as the sequel would be what happened in THE HOBBIT when Gandalf left Bilbo, and we didn't get a POV from Gandalf. If that is indeed the case, I will be a very, very happy person.

Lets hope these prequels end up better than STAR WARS.

For some reason, as a Tolkien fanatic, I'm not that excited. I dunno, pessimistic ol me comin through.

The second movie idea sounds interesting, but I'm not sure how they could make it into an entire MOVIE.

by BoneKrusher
          <DG> how metal unseen
          <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• I just bought Catch me if you can...i'll watch it later.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
            KO KNOWS

Comment

• I think I'm going to see Walk Hard and National Treasure 2 this weekend

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                I think I'm going to see Walk Hard and National Treasure 2 this weekend
                both look absolutely horendous

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

• Originally posted by hugegmenfan View Post
                  both look absolutely horendous
                  Might be but I'm still going to see them

Comment

• i saw se7en last night, i liked it but im not going to jump off a bridge it was so good like others. but i do love those weird unsolved murder movies, trying to track the killer

Comment

• I'm not sure what National Treasure 2 is entirely about, but if they find another/possibly even greater treasure, I will have no words for it.

I probably won't see it until it ends up on TV, but I'll see it eventually because I didn't mind the first one. They certainly play the first one enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by DChess View Post
                        i saw se7en last night, i liked it but im not going to jump off a bridge it was so good like others. but i do love those weird unsolved murder movies, trying to track the killer
                        what a great movie...Kevin Spacey was brilliant in it...

also just rewatched Meet Joe Black...that's an incredible movie...

Comment

• Anyone see the movies...Finding Neverland or that Lemity Snicket's (Jim Carrey)???

I bought them for my mom for christmas...anyone know if they're any good?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                          KO KNOWS

Comment

• Finding Neverland is supposed to be really good.. I haven't seen it though.

Comment

• Finding Neverland= Pretty damn great, with my favorite actress Kate Winslet puts on an acting clinic and Johnny Depp is great as well.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• I thought Johnny Depp put on the acting clinic...Winslet was good, no doubt, but I believe Depp was nominated for the oscar in that one as well...great movie as well...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information