No announcement yet.

Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone seen "Paranormal Activity"? Is it really as scary as people are saying?

Comment

• Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
      Has anyone seen "Paranormal Activity"? Is it really as scary as people are saying?
      I was curious about this as well....

Comment

Has anyone seen "Paranormal Activity"? Is it really as scary as people are saying?
        all the reviews are really high and apparently it was made with less than 20k haha

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Wouldnt know cant find the film anywhere, online or around me.

Originally posted by WMD
          Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
          Originally posted by gpngc
          I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

• Damn the man, save the Empire!

Comment

• I bought a bunch of movies yesterday...

Adventureland, State of Play, Garden State (finally), and well not a movie but...DEXTER SEASON 3! Woot.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
              KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
                If your looking for a change of pace type movie, you should really check out Slam.

It's about 10 years old, and we had to watch it for my English course. It's about poetry, but a guy uses it as rap to change the pschye of many people in jail/the ghetto he's from. Legit movie, I stronly suggest you rent it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0139615/
                I'm a HUGE Saul Williams fan. Really got me into poetry, guys an innovative genius.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
                  Don't worry, I think I'm the only one on the entire site who has probably seen all Everybody Loves Raymond episode atleast 2-3 times....By choice, not force.
                  I have seen almost every King of Queens 2 or 3 times by choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckNaked View Post
                    I'm a HUGE Saul Williams fan. Really got me into poetry, guys an innovative genius.
                    Damn straight.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                      I'm the only one who likes Kevin James.

Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
                      Don't worry, I think I'm the only one on the entire site who has probably seen all Everybody Loves Raymond episode atleast 2-3 times....By choice, not force.
                      I like King of Queens and Everybody Loves Raymond.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                        I like King of Queens and Everybody Loves Raymond.
                        Whewww there is more than 1 or 2 people... I can now finally come out. I, am a Kevin James and Ray Romano fan.

Comment

• Oh and I was asking earlier about what movie I should take a female(girlfriend) to. I thought hey Where The Wild Things Are could be decent. She made the call on Paranormal Activity.

She is in my bed sleeping because of work at 7:30 tomorrow morning. I however REFUSE to shut the lights off or shut my eyes. Sleepless nights ahead. The movie is worth the hype mainly because it was such a small budget. Go see it.
                          Last edited by Whistler6; 10-18-2009, 12:17 AM.

Comment

• Where the Wild Things are was beautiful yet unsatisfying. I was definitely not alright with the movie, and I had alot of qualms with it. That said, it had its moments, and the Wild Things themselves looked spectacular. I was underwhelmed, but pleasantly so. I had huge expectations, so that was my own fault.
                            Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                            The APS is strong in this one.
                            Originally posted by killxswitch
                            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

I saw Paranormal Activity on Friday. I normally don't pay attention, go see, or even like horror films but PA had me intrigued so I gave it a shot. I liked the movie, thought it was pretty good and its whole documentary style shooting was believable and much better than Blair Witch.

That all said, it didnt come close to living up to the hype it had as far as being terrifying. It had its moments, but i thought it was more creepy than scary. After all the reviews about people crying in the theater and trembling on the floor, I was let down.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Peefs View Post
                                I saw Paranormal Activity on Friday. I normally don't pay attention, go see, or even like horror films but PA had me intrigued so I gave it a shot. I liked the movie, thought it was pretty good and its whole documentary style shooting was believable and much better than Blair Witch.

That all said, it didnt come close to living up to the hype it had as far as being terrifying. It had its moments, but i thought it was more creepy than scary. After all the reviews about people crying in the theater and trembling on the floor, I was let down.
                                The Exorcist was kind of like that when it first came out. Reports of grown men crying and people leaving half-way through and stuff and it didn't really scare me all that much as well. It's still widely considered one of, if not the scariest movie ever. Maybe we're just hard asses?
                                Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                                RIP themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information