Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo
    I very much agree.

Ben Stiller and Robert Downey Jr. turned the gig down, that would have been ******* incredible. Every year it seems Ben Stiller steals the show in my eyes with some hilarious skit.

I wanted Colbert back when Chris Rock got it, I still think he would do a great job.
    I thought Jon Stewart was a great host, but I think they got rid of him because people like me laugh at his jokes while people in the audience dont get them.
    To host the Oscars now you have to be a lesbian with a recent publicly broadcast *** wedding with Ellen Degeneres & Rosie O'Donnell as bridesmaids with 3-4 adopted children from 3rd World countries.

I too thought Stewart's Oscar ceremonies were funny, but the Academy disagreed, they prefer Jay Leno/Letterman-type bellylaugh pedestrian humor.

Note that most Academy voting members are very very old, explains why Clint ******* Eastwood keeps getting anointed as a "genius" & winning Best Picture while Scorsese or The Dark Knight gets screwed. Or Bollywood extravaganzas like Slumdog, hey to win an Oscar it has to be box office-bankable, to hell with the content, it's all about the benjamins

I would like a Ben Stiller-hosted Oscars too, Adam Baldwin, Joel McHale, even Stephen Colbert, but never Adam Sandler. I agree with APS, Bill Murray is the only surviving SNL member who should host the Oscars.

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
      To host the Oscars now you have to be a lesbian with a recent publicly broadcast *** wedding with Ellen Degeneres & Rosie O'Donnell as bridesmaids with 3-4 adopted children from 3rd World countries.

I too thought Stewart's Oscar ceremonies were funny, but the Academy disagreed, they prefer Jay Leno/Letterman-type bellylaugh pedestrian humor.

Note that most Academy voting members are very very old, explains why Clint ******* Eastwood keeps getting anointed as a "genius" & winning Best Picture while Scorsese or The Dark Knight gets screwed. Or Bollywood extravaganzas like Slumdog, hey to win an Oscar it has to be box office-bankable, to hell with the content, it's all about the benjamins

I would like a Ben Stiller-hosted Oscars too, Adam Baldwin, Joel McHale, even Stephen Colbert, but never Adam Sandler. I agree with APS, Bill Murray is the only surviving SNL member who should host the Oscars.
      YES. This could not be more true. Murray would blow the Oscars away.

worker bees can leave
      even drones can fly away
      the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by hobbes2053 View Post
        YES. This could not be more true. Murray would blow the Oscars away.
        Chevy Chase could probably do well.

I think Joel McHale wouldn't be all that bad either.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
          WHo makes the best cult movies? David Lynch
          Mike Judge, Broken Lizard Troupe. Lynch's best was Dune ('84) IMO.

I like Creepy Cronenberg too, chk out Naked Lunch. Videodrome is a cult classic, James Woods puts the VHS tape into his abdomen, good times. Creepier than John Carpenter.
          Last edited by LizardState; 11-04-2009, 12:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
            Mike Judge, Broken Lizard Troupe. Lynch's best was Dune ('84) IMO.

I like Creepy Cronenberg too, chk out Naked Lunch. Creepier than John Carpenter.
            Better than Elephant Man?

The Fly is really Cronenberg's masterpiece.

I guess with this argument you have to take it by genre. You can't compare Judge with Lynch

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

• Mulholland Drive was ******* terrible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                Mulholland Drive was ******* terrible.
                Go away Junior.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                  Go away Junior.
                  The blue square makes all sorts of sense. Face it, you just enjoy the lesbian scene.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                    Mulholland Drive was ******* terrible.
                    Screw you, that movie is awesome.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                    JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                    Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                    Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                    Originally posted by JBCX
                    Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• wow, good thing Brent has terrible taste. I'm going to see Antichrist tonight at a cute little theater in l.a.

Comment

• I think I'm going to see Saw VI tonight. I'm not expecting much, but it's reviews so far have been way better than II-V (not that it's going to be hard to be a better movie than III, IV, or V), so I'm going to give it chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by P-L View Post
                          I think I'm going to see Saw VI tonight. I'm not expecting much, but it's reviews so far have been way better than II-V (not that it's going to be hard to be a better movie than III, IV, or V), so I'm going to give it chance.
                          It's a compelling argument for nationalized healthcare.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                          JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                          Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                          Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                          Originally posted by JBCX
                          Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

wow, good thing Brent has terrible taste. I'm going to see Antichrist tonight at a cute little theater in l.a.
                            I was gonna say the same thing. Maybe I should see Antichrist now...

Comment

wow, good thing Brent has terrible taste. I'm going to see Antichrist tonight at a cute little theater in l.a.
                              I think he might be right on Antichrist.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                                I think he might be right on Antichrist.
                                Enjoy the genital mutilation, Sarf & WMD.

Just remember, it's okay to laugh when the fox goes, "CHAOS... REIGNS!"

Originally posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
                                at a cute little theater in l.a.
                                That might be the lamest thing you've ever said.
                                Last edited by Brent; 11-04-2009, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information