Movie Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
    It's my Pops 52nd today, and he's thinking movie night with his favorite (only) son.

Law Abiding Citizen or The Men Who Stare At Goats? ...I threw Paranormal Activity out there, but he's not feeling that and unwilling to admit he's just afraid of screeching in public.
    Please say Goats. Please say Goats.
    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
    The APS is strong in this one.
    Originally posted by killxswitch
    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

It's my Pops 52nd today, and he's thinking movie night with his favorite (only) son.

Law Abiding Citizen or The Men Who Stare At Goats? ...I threw Paranormal Activity out there, but he's not feeling that and unwilling to admit he's just afraid of screeching in public.
      The Men Who Stare At Goats and it's not even close.

Comment

• Fair enough. He thinks he's got a little Gerard Butler in him with the fact that we are like 1/4th Scottish so yeah.

Comment

• Law Abiding Citizen was cool until it got too unrealistic. See the movie and you'll know. Overall, it was entertaining.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
            Law Abiding Citizen was cool until it got too unrealistic. See the movie and you'll know. Overall, it was entertaining.
            The Men Who Stare At Goats is a pretty solid movie. Interesting humor and Clooney is spot on with his character. I definitely suggest reading the book though, or a lot of the movie might go over your head.

If you have any interest in psychology and I guess Jon Stewart type comedy, you'll find the novel amusing.

Comment

If you have any interest in psychology and I guess Jon Stewart type comedy, you'll find the novel amusing.
              definitely need to check this book out...

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                Law Abiding Citizen was cool until it got too unrealistic. See the movie and you'll know. Overall, it was entertaining.
                Was it like that one scene from National Lampoon's Loaded Weapon 1 where Samuel L. Jackson's car exploded and then the taxi the called exploded and then the bikes they commandeered from some children exploded too?

Except trying to be serious of course.

Comment

• All the movies opening this weekend got suckage reviews:

Men Who Stare At Goats got 1.5 *s, The Box 1* ("There's nothing of substance inside," lmao, any more dogs like this & Cameron Diaz is offically box office toxic), Law-Abiding Citizen 1.5 *s, Antichrist 1.5 *s, & Amelia 1.5 *s.

Only the generically titled Untitled got 3 *s, it figures when the top film in the nation is Couples Retreat (1.5 *s too), one reviewer said Vaughn & his pals Favreau & director Peter Billingsley s/b ashamed of themselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
                    All the movies opening this weekend got suckage reviews:

Men Who Stare At Goats got 1.5 *s, The Box 1* ("There's nothing of substance inside," lmao, any more dogs like this & Cameron Diaz is offically box office toxic), Law-Abiding Citizen 1.5 *s, Antichrist 1.5 *s, & Amelia 1.5 *s.

Only the generically titled Untitled got 3 *s, it figures when the top film in the nation is Couples Retreat (1.5 *s too), one reviewer said Vaughn & his pals Favreau & director Peter Billingsley s/b ashamed of themselves.
                    I want to see Untitled. That is the one where they are making fun of Post Modern art and artists. Poking fun at pretentious people is always enjoyable, although the movie itself looks a little smug.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• There is currently nothing in theatres that I would pay to see. We're getting into that really slow period for the ole theatre. At least we got Cloverfield in January a few years ago. Daybreakers could be a January hit this time around.

I'm not loving the December releases either...I've soured on Avatar, Nine, no thanks, the Imaginarium of Dr. P, we'll see, and I'm not too interested in Sherlock Holmes. Not something I would pay to see in the theatres, at least.
                      Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 11-07-2009, 12:14 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                      KO KNOWS

Comment

• I saw Couples Retreat. It's reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy awfully bad. I did not laugh one bit its so bad and I spent 10 bucks to see that ****. Its almost on the same level as Twilight bad.

#MoncriefArmy

Comment

• Originally posted by dabears10 View Post
                          I want to see Untitled. That is the one where they are making fun of Post Modern art and artists. Poking fun at pretentious people is always enjoyable, although the movie itself looks a little smug.
                          Me too. They said it was mocking Minimalism, like a painting with a blank white canvas with a single black line on it titled Black Line. I hate that ****.

I'm an Old School art buff, I like painters who can actually, you know, draw.

I think the film is deliberately titled as it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post

I think the film is deliberately titled as it is.
                            Well, no really?

Comment

• Untitled looks really good. Adam Goldberg is the man.
                              Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                              The APS is strong in this one.
                              Originally posted by killxswitch
                              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Saw a trailer for the remake of "The Crazies" last night...If the movie is anything like the previews, there is definitely a lot of potential there.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information